For the B&M that are allowed to vape in store

I was leaving a B&M yesterday and noticed a cpl almost walk into the store but then turned around and left. I started a conversation with them in the parking lot and basically they got intimidated/turned off by the huge fog that was present. I do agree it was a bit ridiculous. I basically also went in and got a juice and then left. I would of loved to check out the display cases for any new arrivals but figured another time.

I understand B&Ms hire college kids; there friends hang out and try to out do each other with cloud banks and what so ever. I am sure it even generates some sales. Of course they have also offered good information when i ask a question or two and the sales kid didn't know. I am in total support of being able to vape in public, especially a vape store.

Perhaps a ceiling fan or air purifier wouldn't be such a bad idea to have operating in the store.I can only imagine that yesterday's experience is not a rare phenomenon.

P.S. The couple followed me 15 miles down the high way where i brought them to another B&M that is operated by a husband and wife team. Introduced them and left, hoping we have two new members to our community.

Edited by vaping_jake

Good story...

Clouds are part of the culture, I guess. My favorite B&M by me can get cloudy but not alk the time - maybe half the time I go in there there is a small group at the bar clouding it up. Ive wondered why they don't do fans but the truth is most dont think the clouds are a problem, lol. Truth is, cloudy or not, they greet me warmly, remember my name and what juice I bought, and their attention goes right to servicing me. They are very good about it. I never feel put off or "not in the club". They respect all vapers. I find that is a rarity, though. But it is why I never go to another shop. :)

Every now and then I'll hang out at my local shop with my friends that work there.We sit there and chat and just vape,customers come in and say "OMG,its so smoky in here" After correcting about 10 people that it is "Vapor" I just ignore it and laugh now.

The B&M I frequent most often just moved and opened a real juice bar, and there is an air-intake above the bar and the "lounge" area, which makes pretty quick work of the clouds the "kids" are attempting to produce :) It can get a little thick at times, but never lasts long... I think the college kids are always trying to out-do the fans... and more power to them! They're not bothering me, or customers... and they're always respectful of customers.

My gripe is not with those cloud-chasing at the bar or in the lounge... mine is with the employees that can't seem to stop sucking on their drip-tip long enough to actually SPEAK to a customer or answer a question, or can't put their device down long enough to use BOTH hands to do something!

The guy that was attempting to help me last night probably drained half his Atlantis in the 15-min I was in the shop! He literally stood in front of me and took two huge hits before saying "umm, yeah, what can I help you with?", as if his next vape was far more important than the customer in front of him... and perhaps he could have done his job better/faster if his Atlantis wasn't the only source of life-nourishing Oxygen in the room? :) And, no, he never sat it down once... he did everything one-handed!

Last week, I stopped in to get juice, and the lady couldn't carry FOUR bottles of juice to the counter at the same time, because she wouldn't set her Sigelei box-mod down, and use both hands to carry the bottles (or even use two hands to put the bottles into ONE hand, then pick up her mod)... she actually made two trips across the back-room to bring the juice to the counter :wallbash:

A couple of workers don't even have a free hand... as they are trying to drip and wait on customers... and they have to stop every 10-seconds and add a few drops to their rig... vape a few hits... and then repeat... I can only assume they are NOT paid on commission :) At least these guys are usually at the bar, so they don't have to go far to help someone.

Seriously, I think every employee in the building is required to keep a piece of vape-gear in one hand at all times? It would be comical if it weren't so frustrating....

Yep,same here.I only go to two shops Vapedudes & DFW Vapor.I've been to a few shops and they were so busy vaping that one guy only answered my questions with head nods and "Mmhmm" He maybe said 3 words.I turned around and walked out.I was pissed.

Those kinds of shops are here also,, a person would expect the fire marshall to show up any second cuz its soooo thick..

I've never shop'd B&M's unless the owners of Tiki Mist in Broken Arrow tell me where to go get something I'm looking for locally without waiting for internet delivery to get here...

Sometimes I will hang out there after work & chat with some other guys I've met or knew before I started vaping..

These owners are Professional type sales people in a blue collar atmosphere & in a laid back kind of way.. I'm sure it is a culture shock from what careers they came from....

They dont let it get cloudy in there,, their ventalation equipment is in great working order...

Edited by HOOKER

Bebop;

I agree with you, I have two favorite shops and they always tend to my needs. However it can be shocking to a new customer who is a bit shy or even let say a reporter doing a story comes in

Tugboat;

I too like to hang out and chat about flavors etc etc. BUt honestly we can come up with some venting.

Earthling;

I agree, there is a good vape store near me with excellent prices. I would say best prices around 20 miles, but they hire the biggest drools that i dont even bother. Im sorry i am bothering you can you please take my money.

Only happened once, but the worst was were two employees were carrying a conversation in middle of one of them helping me check out some items. Yup the ugly guinea had to come out and explain to them professionalism, courtesy, and i know your boss extremely well theory. I will say one guy was smart enough to see his error and improved his performance and service, not sure where the other one ended up.

Perhaps it will be better in spring when they will open windows.

One shop I go to e-cig and vapor lounge is never foggy but they will blow some clouds in there, they have a fantastic ventilation system. other shops iv gone to like vapor right there is no ventilation going on. I kinda like it either way. I like it when its foggy outside or inside or not at all

Going into a vape shop shouldn't feel like a members only thing. Just because some customers like to blow clouds shouldn't mean that a new vaper, or potential vaper should have to be faced with that. If the B&M has a lounge/juice bar with customers that hang out and blow clouds they should have venting systems in place to offer an inviting atmosphere for all vapers IMO.

When I was a kid, ( I know we had to climb mountains through 3 feet of snow to chop the wood for the school stove old man kinda story), and worked in a family grocery store, we could smoke anywhere in the store, behind the meat counter, at the register etc., but it could never never interfere with taking care of the customer. That was made quite clear. PUT THE CIGARETTE DOWN AND PAY ATTENTION TO SERVING THE CUSTOMER! was drilled into our heads. Now it annoys me no end when I go to a similar shop here in Malaysia and the staff finds it more important to have discussions with each other whilst haphazardly ringing up my purchases with one hand, the other gesticulating to punctuate their conversation, and they're not even smoking. Maybe though this vaping thing being kinda new, the vaping shop workers think they look cool and maybe superior to the customer because they have so much more at their disposal, and of course more personally perceived knowledge and think it's impressing the customer. I remember how cool I thought I looked when I could at 16 smoke in front of adults legally and wanted to show off. But then, at 16 I thought a lot of things I don't think anymore :)