Looking for advice on a new PV

Hi all, long time forum veteran Darth Vaper here. Sorry I haven't been on the forums so much lately. I kinda settled into a groove with my Vamo v.5, my Kanger AeroTech tank and making my own eliquid. I haven't been keeping up with the new tech at all.

The Vamo is working just fine for me, but it's too big and awkward to carry around when I go out. I have been using, (and don't laugh) eGo 900 mAh batteries (no, not even the VV ones) and an Evod BCC when I'm out and about.

But the eGo batts are starting to get old and not hold much charge anymore. I'm looking for suggestions for a nice mod that fits well in the hand, is easy to use while driving and fits discreetly in a jacket pocket. The battery can be built-in or take protected batteries, doesn't matter. I generally like the EVOD tank, so something that would work with it or a similar tank is what I want.

Not really into the whole sub-ohm thing as I don't understand it. I want something that's pretty low-maintenance, too - I haven't gotten into rebuildable atomizers, although I expect it's the next step (I mean hey, I'm already making my own juice!).

I love this forum because you guys/gals always give great suggestions. I look forward to reading them!

In other news, March 3rd will mark SIX YEARS since I last smoked an old stinky! I feel like I owe my life to the invention of e-cigarettes, because I never thought I'd be able to quit tobacco.

Cheers all!

Despite all the fancy toys I have these days, my go-to favorites that I use most are still the Vision Spinner 1300 mAh (not the Spinner II). It's a variable voltage eGo type battery but a little bigger around than a 900 mAh. Just picked up two more at my local B&M today and I saw that Vision tweaked it a little. I like the new changes even better! :)

i currently run an ipv mini 30w...it works great and low maintanence, and fits my big bear claw hands just great...

http://www.myvaporstore.com/iPV-Mini-30-Watt-MOD-Pioneer4you-p/p4u-ipv30bk.htm

and that is currently on sale for $49.95 as well... i love this mod it works great for me and i run a mutation x v1 rda at 1.1 ohms @28 watts and can get a soilid 2-3 hours vape time on it. But this is just my opinion, it is clearly your call on what to purchase.

Edited by shen_long86

i currently run an ipv mini 30w...it works great and low maintanence, and fits my big bear claw hands just great...

http://www.myvaporstore.com/iPV-Mini-30-Watt-MOD-Pioneer4you-p/p4u-ipv30bk.htm

and that is currently on sale for $49.95 as well... i love this mod it works great for me and i run a mutation x v1 rda at 1.1 ohms @28 watts and can get a soilid 2-3 hours vape time on it. But this is just my opinion, it is clearly your call on what to purchase.

What mAh battery are you using in it that you only get 2 - 3 hours? Mine goes much, much longer than that.

Just FYI, if you do any shopping on Amazon, they have Samsung 25r's from reputable sellers, including from Amazon w/Prime shipping... and they are cheap, too. I picked up a 5-pack recently for $32.50, which made them $6.50 each! They also have 2-packs (for $12.99 Prime), 4-packs, etc.... all the way to bulk packs of 25, 50, or 100 :D

Hi all, long time forum veteran Darth Vaper here. Sorry I haven't been on the forums so much lately. I kinda settled into a groove with my Vamo v.5, my Kanger AeroTech tank and making my own eliquid. I haven't been keeping up with the new tech at all.

The Vamo is working just fine for me, but it's too big and awkward to carry around when I go out. I have been using, (and don't laugh) eGo 900 mAh batteries (no, not even the VV ones) and an Evod BCC when I'm out and about.

But the eGo batts are starting to get old and not hold much charge anymore. I'm looking for suggestions for a nice mod that fits well in the hand, is easy to use while driving and fits discreetly in a jacket pocket. The battery can be built-in or take protected batteries, doesn't matter. I generally like the EVOD tank, so something that would work with it or a similar tank is what I want.

Not really into the whole sub-ohm thing as I don't understand it. I want something that's pretty low-maintenance, too - I haven't gotten into rebuildable atomizers, although I expect it's the next step (I mean hey, I'm already making my own juice!).

I love this forum because you guys/gals always give great suggestions. I look forward to reading them!

In other news, March 3rd will mark SIX YEARS since I last smoked an old stinky! I feel like I owe my life to the invention of e-cigarettes, because I never thought I'd be able to quit tobacco.

Cheers all!

One thing that i would suggest would be the eleaf 30w since switching from the mvp 2 to it I love the size! 598026d8d508b6729a95eb53fc446da6.jpg

Despite all the fancy toys I have these days, my go-to favorites that I use most are still the Vision Spinner 1300 mAh (not the Spinner II). It's a variable voltage eGo type battery but a little bigger around than a 900 mAh. Just picked up two more at my local B&M today and I saw that Vision tweaked it a little. I like the new changes even better! smile.png

Same here, of all the equipment Ive collected I still use the Spinner 1300 the most with an aspire ce5 tank.

I gotta say that it looks like variable wattage box mods are the future of vaping. There are many to choose from and they're comfortable to hold. I paid less than $50 shipped for my M50 and it'll handle any delivery device you want to put on top of it. I have a dozen (or so) tube mods, but this is what sees the most action lately, and it's what I take with me on the go.

gallery_15088_188_18658.jpg

Smok's Xpro M50 65 watt VW box mod and Dripper RDA.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone.

I decided to go with logan108's recommendation and get the eLeaf iStick from right here at the Vapor Talk Store. I also added a new Evod "Glass" clearomizer.

So far, I am very happy with this device, although I wasn't pleased with the 1.5 Ohm atomizer that came with the Evod. Even with the eLeaf set to 3.0 Volts, it still created a burnt taste, and the volts don't go any lower than that! I just don't get this lower Ohm business, I guess. I swapped in a 1.8 Ohm dual coil and can vape it at 3.1 Volts comfortably. I guess it'll save me on battery life!

Thanks again, everyone.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone.

I decided to go with logan108's recommendation and get the eLeaf iStick from right here at the Vapor Talk Store. I also added a new Evod "Glass" clearomizer.

So far, I am very happy with this device, although I wasn't pleased with the 1.5 Ohm atomizer that came with the Evod. Even with the eLeaf set to 3.0 Volts, it still created a burnt taste, and the volts don't go any lower than that! I just don't get this lower Ohm business, I guess. I swapped in a 1.8 Ohm dual coil and can vape it at 3.1 Volts comfortably. I guess it'll save me on battery life!

Thanks again, everyone.

1.5Ω at 3v is only 6 watts...that's an extremely low power setting. 1.8Ω at 3.1v is only 5.34 watts...that's a cold vape. You should be able to get to at least 9-10 watts (maybe higher, depending on your choice of juice) before you start getting a burnt taste.

*EDIT*

Actually, if you're using 1.5Ω dual coils in that Evod, you should be able to take your iStick up to around 5v at the very least with no problems...that's 8 watts per coil...16 watts total.

Without knowing all the particulars, I can't diagnose what the problem is, but there's definitely something not right.no.gif

Edited by Rixter

Without knowing all the particulars, I can't diagnose what the problem is, but there's definitely something not right.no.gif

It's the Eleaf iStick 20w that's the problem. It runs hotter than what the wattage displays. I had the same problem with mine until Earthling told me to use it in voltage mode. That works much better. ;)

It's the Eleaf iStick 20w that's the problem. It runs hotter than what the wattage displays. I had the same problem with mine until Earthling told me to use it in voltage mode. That works much better. wink.png

It looks like (from his post) that he is using voltage mode.

It looks like (from his post) that he is using voltage mode.

I should've also added that, even though voltage mode works better than wattage on the iStick 20w, it still runs hotter than other devices. With a 2.0 ohm HH.357 (reads at 2.1 ohms on the meter), all of my other devices need to be set at around 4.3v. I get the same performance from the iStick at 3.4v. Now, I'm not saying that that is the actual range, but that's the voltage that I'm using and getting the similar performance from. Any higher and I start to get a slightly burnt taste to my juice.

Yep... the iStick 20W are "hotter" on any setting, and on Wattage-mode, if you have an atomizer that fluctuates readings, you can quickly burn your juice! Switching to Voltage-mode clears the issue because you level-out the output (somewhat) by setting the Voltage constant, rather than having the PV bouncing Voltage up and down trying to hit the Wattage you set (in Wattage-mode).

When in Wattage-mode, I have to use 25-50% lower settings on my iStick, compared to my MVP or IPV, to get the same results. In Voltage-mode, about 20-40% lower setting is required. The odd thing is, that as the battery depletes, I can move the Voltage a bit higher without getting a burnt taste.

It might be using mean settings instead of RMS, but that still shouldn't make a 1.5Ω dual coil atty burn juice at 3v. That's only 3 watts per coil (according to Ohm's law). The only answer is that it has some seriously flawed circuitry.

The only answer is that it has some seriously flawed circuitry.

^^ THIS ^^

I'm quite sure that the iStick 20W were built (and still are) with the cheapest chip-set on the market... Mean-vs-RMS does make a difference, but these things are all over the place, and their is no excuse (cost-wise) to not create a VV/VW mod with MEAN circuitry! It is quite sad when you can take the same tank and switch between 3 iSticks (all set the exact same) and the vape will be different... from weak to burnt and everything in between.

I'm using mine right now with my KPT3-minis and AeroTanks, and so far, so good (using Voltage-mode only, and on ridiculously low settings).

I've written Eleaf a rather nasty letter about their iStick 20W, and how I would appreciate having mine replaced with upgraded models, 30W models, or perhaps they'd like to buy them back? I've yet to receive a reply... but fingers are crossed that someone replies... at least with an apology :)

Interesting feedback on this. Was hoping that when I bought something for a low price I wasn't getting something cheap but it looks like I did. Still I am happy with the device so far and I can always buy some higher Ohm dual coils for it. Kanger discontinued their 2.0 Ohm duals but they can still be had (until they run out) at Discount Vaper.

Rixter, I guess I should've gone with your recommendation and purchased the Smok Xpro M50. Next time . . .

Rixter, I guess I should've gone with your recommendation and purchased the Smok Xpro M50. Next time . . .

FYI, CVapor.com has the Cloupor mini (30W) for roughly the same price as an iStick 20W, and they are only a few millimeters larger than the iStick. Granted, they require a single 18650 battery, rather than being a self-contained unit like the iStick, but it may be something to consider?

FYI, CVapor.com has the Cloupor mini (30W) for roughly the same price as an iStick 20W, and they are only a few millimeters larger than the iStick. Granted, they require a single 18650 battery, rather than being a self-contained unit like the iStick, but it may be something to consider?

I was digging around today and found them for $29.99: http://vapenw.com/box-mod-20w/cloupor-mini-30w I have bought 3 mods from them and have had excellent luck! I have been digging around to find an enclosure to put a DNA 25 in. I am stuck between the cloupor mini and a VS DNA30.