Milestone

After vaping on and off for a couple years now and still smoking a few cigarettes this current attempt, I have now reached my first milestone. I've gone over 24 hours and not a single cigarette. This may finally be it for me and I'm pretty excited :) I think I finally found the right type of setup and vv/vw has been my game changer. Very happy right now and just wanted to share.

Very good job !!! I'm in the same boat as you as far as the off and on thing. Also just got a vv/VW mod and I know it will work much better. Just gotta get over this DAMN cold. It still chokes me to use 10mg and only 5 watts on my mod.

Hope you feel better soon Mirage, and good luck! I know for me the vv/vw has made a world of difference and hopefully it will for you too :)

Hi - I'm new here - been vaping for 1year today no cigs for 8 months - can't go back now - since I have changed to an MVP with variable volts and watts it is a whole new ball game - I am using an Aspire K1 tank on an Innokin MVP2 - looking at a nautilus mini - any views.

And that was gonna be my next thought......when I'm ready to spend again on hardware I was wondering what some thoughts are on a good step up tank from my smok gbc's. They're ok for now, but looking for something relatively inexpensive in glass that will hold at least 3ml.

Edited by stangmama77

Congratulations! That's awesome. I remember that first day like it was yesterday, and it was actually almost 2 years ago. This is the only thing that's worked keeping me off cigarettes after almost 50 years of 2 packs a day. Just keep in mind that nicotine isn't the only addictive substance in cigarettes. There are many chemicals that to my experienced mind are far more addictive than nicotine. Vaping helps quit yes because of the nicotine content, but also the hand to mouth habit and the cloud produced. I also needed the throat hit and that was probably the most valuable thing for me. It's helpful to keep the nicotine content high in the beginning to keep those cravings at bay. I wish you the best because if a die hard smoker like me can, you probably can too.

Congratulations! That's awesome. I remember that first day like it was yesterday, and it was actually almost 2 years ago. This is the only thing that's worked keeping me off cigarettes after almost 50 years of 2 packs a day. Just keep in mind that nicotine isn't the only addictive substance in cigarettes. There are many chemicals that to my experienced mind are far more addictive than nicotine. Vaping helps quit yes because of the nicotine content, but also the hand to mouth habit and the cloud produced. I also needed the throat hit and that was probably the most valuable thing for me. It's helpful to keep the nicotine content high in the beginning to keep those cravings at bay. I wish you the best because if a die hard smoker like me can, you probably can too.

So happy for you. It's a good feeling I know, I'm over 6 months without cigs now. Those first few days are scarey but are so worth it!

Keep going, were rooting for you!

Deanna in cold middle ga

Thank you both! And yeah the first days have been scary because my hubby still smokes so I just keep my istick in my hand the entire time I'm around him lol. And yes, I'm one that has to have the throat hit as well, and that was what kept making me relapse because I couldn't find the right combination. But now with the vv/vw options that has done it for me and all the pieces have just seemed to fall into place.

I am too old to even remember yesterday but having smoked for 50 years and getting away with it healthwise - hopefully - I still cannot believe that I have stopped - I smoke my ecig the same way as I smoked a cigarette and the first draw of nicotine in the morning is awesomeflower.gif I have learned that smoking a real cigarette is the most wasteful way of getting nicotine - and it took me 50 years to find outflower.gif

Well, I figured it out and I actually had my last cigarette on Monday and still not had any since. School has been out here since Monday and we have a very spirited 6 y/o as well as a very hyper 4 month old Jack Russel, Weenie, Chihuahua mix. The 6 y/o has been satisfied by being taken out to play in the snow a couple times a day and all was well. Today however, with temps in the teens and windchills in the single digits we didn't go outside, and he's started to get cabin fever. Of course that's made me start craving a little....but when it gets bad, I just walk away for a sec, grab the istick and go to puffing. I am determined to make this work! :)