Panzer Black Hawk Clone

logan108

Hard to go wrong with a mech mod and RDA for $30. It looks to be in pretty good shape, so if it works and you like the way it looks and performs, I'd say that's a pretty good deal. Do you know much about using mechanical mods and rebuildable dripping atomizers (RBAs)?

Hard to go wrong with a mech mod and RDA for $30. It looks to be in pretty good shape, so if it works and you like the way it looks and performs, I'd say that's a pretty good deal. Do you know much about using mechanical mods and rebuildable dripping atomizers (RBAs)?

I really like how it looks and I haven't used one before but I had thought about trying one out for awhile now

First off, know that mechanical mods can be dangerous given the right (or wrong) circumstances, but can also give you an extremely satisfying vaping experience. I would suggest finding out from the device's current owner all you can about how to use it safely, and ask questions on this forum. There's a lot you'll need to know in order to avoid a possible catastrophe, but there are a lot of knowledgeable people here who'll be glad to help you out along the way. yes.gif

First off, know that mechanical mods can be dangerous given the right (or wrong) circumstances, but can also give you an extremely satisfying vaping experience. I would suggest finding out from the device's current owner all you can about how to use it safely, and ask questions on this forum. There's a lot you'll need to know in order to avoid a possible catastrophe, but there are a lot of knowledgeable people here who'll be glad to help you out along the way. yes.gif

One question is this, what difference does flat top and button top batteries make in performance?

One question is this, what difference does flat top and button top batteries make in performance?

No difference in performance, and with a telescopic mod like the Panzer, it shouldn't matter which type you use. Just make sure it's an IMR (safe chemistry) battery capable of handling the amperage draw of the RDA's load (coil resistance). Among others, I use Efest's 18650 2500mAh 20A/35A IMR batteries because they're some of the most widely available batteries online and can safely handle loads down to .2Ω.

No difference in performance, and with a telescopic mod like the Panzer, it shouldn't matter which type you use. Just make sure it's an IMR (safe chemistry) battery capable of handling the amperage draw of the RDA's load (coil resistance). Among others, I use Efest's 18650 2500mAh 20A/35A IMR batteries because they're some of the most widely available batteries online and can safely handle loads down to .2Ω.

Okay that was the kind I had looked at that he suggested and he said he would make me a set of 0.2 0.3 and 0.4 as well as some some extra kanthal and have one set of coils already in it and wicked and Cotton and considering the black hawk clone runs 45 dollars and the Plume Veil Clone runs 20 I think I'm getting a pretty good deal for 30 dollars!

If you do every single thing that Rixter has told you to do you might be safe.

None of us can be there when you fire that thing up. With that being said, go back and read all of his words again.

I have been vaping as a substitute for cigs for 13 months now and have just now bought the right stuff to quit for good.

I have been reading this forum and asking questions for 4 1/2 months also. I just now bought my first mech mod 2 weeks ago and still haven't used it. Waiting on my ohm meter that is gonna be here today.

So, get yourself a ohm reader also and read read read!!! Ask questions here and watch you-tube videos until you understand and then watch them all again.

Yes, your getting a good deal as far as the price is concerned.

Happy vaping bud...

Yeah I definitely don't plan on using It as soon as I get it but I wanted to try a mech mod at some point soon and for a deal like this I couldn't pass it up considering I had been looking at a magneto and a over dose at my local B&M and they was going to run 60 each for just the mod and batteries

Also what Tugboat said. He types faster than me...lol

DO NOT skimp on battery or chargers!!!

I only use vtc4 batterys and a Nitecore Digi charger. I do have a Efest charger as a back up and I hope I never have to use it.

If I forgot to say before, read, ask questions here and watch you-tube non stop!!!...lol

Safety first and foremost!!!

Both this site and this site contain some pretty good information on Ohm's Law and how it relates to vaping, and you'll need to pick up an ohmmeter so you can know what your RBA's coil resistance is at any given moment (yes...it can change over time).

Also what Tugboat said. He types faster than me...lol

DO NOT skimp on battery or chargers!!!

I only use vtc4 batterys and a Nitecore Digi charger. I do have a Efest charger as a back up and I hope I never have to use it.

If I forgot to say before, read, ask questions here and watch you-tube non stop!!!...lol

Safety first and foremost!!!

I do use Sony VTC4s, but genuine Sony VTCs are not as readily available as the purple Efests, which are, in addition to costing less than the Sony's, quite capable of sub-Ω loads (down to .2Ω). I can tell no difference in performance between the VTCs and the purple Efests.

I also use an Efest Soda charger (on the 1A setting) daily and it's never let me down. When I first got it, I checked the batteries I charged with it for a while, and they all green-lighted at 4.2V.

The Nitecore Intellicharger Universal Battery Charger, also sold at the Vapor Talk Store, is a very reasonably priced charger and gets good reviews online.

Edited by Rixter

I do use Sony VTC4s, but genuine Sony VTCs are not as readily available as the purple Efests, which are, in addition to costing less than the Sony's, quite capable of sub-Ω loads (down to .2Ω). I can tell no difference in performance between the VTCs and the purple Efests.

I also use an Efest Soda charger (on the 1A setting) daily and it's never let me down. When I first got it, I checked the batteries I charged with it for a while, and they all green-lighted at 4.2V.

The Nitecore Intellicharger Universal Battery Charger, also sold at the Vapor Talk Store, is a very reasonably priced charger and gets good reviews online.

Another question what should I look for in a charger? He is sending out the mod tomorrow and I have a 10% discount at my B&M and was going to go ahead and get The efest batteries and a charger (as well as the Istick 30W I've been dying for!)

If you can get a charger that has a visual indicator of the actual charge state of the battery, whether it's a lcd readout or just a segmented light, that will come in handy for letting you know about how much time you have left to achieve a full charge. Also, try to get one that has a 1 amp charge mode for charging your batteries quickly. If you're getting it from your local B&M (and they sound like they have a clue), ask them what they recommend.

FYI - Since you're going to be using a mech mod, you'll have no way to know what your battery charge level is (other than the drop in performance due to battery drain from usage). After some use, you'll figure out when it's time to recharge your battery, but until you do, change out your battery before you think you need to. Running your charge down too low (depends on the battery) can ruin it. I don't like to take them below 3.5 volts no matter what battery I'm using.

If you can get a charger that has a visual indicator of the actual charge state of the battery, whether it's a lcd readout or just a segmented light, that will come in handy for letting you know about how much time you have left to achieve a full charge. Also, try to get one that has a 1 amp charge mode for charging your batteries quickly. If you're getting it from your local B&M (and they sound like they have a clue), ask them what they recommend.

FYI - Since you're going to be using a mech mod, you'll have no way to know what your battery charge level is (other than the drop in performance due to battery drain from usage). After some use, you'll figure out when it's time to recharge your battery, but until you do, change out your battery before you think you need to. Running your charge down too low (depends on the battery) can ruin it. I don't like to take them below 3.5 volts no matter what battery I'm using.

Okay! I'll look into it some more when I'm there tomorrow they also have those nitecore chargers also this battery is the efest right? 157529af2423ea18e35d1295ba8e5f84.jpg

Edited by logan108

Okay! I'll look into it some more when I'm there tomorrow they also have those nitecore chargers also this batter is the efest right? 157529af2423ea18e35d1295ba8e5f84.jpg

I use the 2500mAh version. I don't know if that 30A rating is constant or peak. The 2500mAh purple Efests are 20A constant/35A peak.

Edited by Rixter

From their product page:

If you've been a vaper for a while, you have no doubt heard the name Efest.

This 18650 IMR Battery has a capacity of 2100mAh, a maximum discharge rate of 30Amps, and an operating voltage between 3.3 Volts and 4.1 Volts.

This battery is great in a mechanical mod, with a sub-ohm coil down to .5 Ohms.

This Efest battery carries the Anti-Counterfiet label so you can verify that it's not a clone.

So referring to the statement in red above, a freshly charged Li-Ion battery (4.2 volts) with a .5Ω load on it equals 8.4 amps. Voltage divided by resistance (ohms) equals current (amps). As long as your load doesn't go below .5Ω (as they recommend), you should be fine, but I'd try to get the 2500mAh version before going any lower than that.

*EDIT*

I'm pretty sure that the 2100mAh version will handle more than 8.4V, but since the 30A discharge rating doesn't specify if it's constant or pulse, I'd err on the side of caution.

Edited by Rixter