Intro/newbie review

Glocknug

So i have been a smoker for about 13 years. It was hard to believe it when I first realized that! I recently had my first child and said I would quit when he was born. I found myself smoking in the parking lot of the hospital. I then told myself I would quit smoking on my 30th birthday (several months later). I was semi-successful, but found myself substituting with snus. I wasn't smoking much at home, but I would smoke at least a pack a day when at work. I have a stressful job and I am in a car a lot, both are smoking triggers!

In the past I tried the Blu's and other comparable ecigs. Not much help. I also bought an ego. It didnt help me at the time. I was semi committed to quitting, but i tried to mimic smoking with tobacco flavored juice. I found out quickly that NO juice can replicate smoking a cig.

So i continued to smoke. I tried to quit again using Snus, using my son as the reason. My Snus use increased, and I was down to a pack a month.

But, in my stressful job, and driving all the time, it wasn't hard for a co-worker to bum me a smoke. I also made an excuse saying that I could buy just one pack a month.

Anyway, this is getting longer that I wanted! I purchased an Evod 2 starter kit with two juices... Gummy bear and tobacco. The tobacco didn't taste like smoking and the gummy bear was tasty! I thought to myself, perhaps i need to find something better than smoking, instead of trying to find an equal replacement.

I then ordered 3 flavors from Fandora... PBFB, Fruity Tootie,, and Hydra Delight. I also went to the local shop and purchased a few new tanks to hold the new juice (mini protank 3's)

The PBFB was purchased due to all of the great reviews on this site. When I opened it, I could smell the peanut butter. I tried it, and it definitely tasted like the description! It was good, but I have never been a desert person. The more I used it, the more I liked it. I always felt like I needed to be sitting with a glass of milk though!

I then tried the tootie fruity. I was hooked! It was great! This was my kinda flavor! It has subtle changes and a hint of cream.

I then went to the store to get one more tank to try the hydra delight. They didnt have anymore Tanks that would use the same coil that the Protank used. I went home and rinsed the tank out that used to hold the tobacco flavor. I couldn't get rid of the tobacco flavors smell until i boiled the tank for 7 minutes.

I filled it with the hydra delight from fandora. Holy Crap! This is delicious! This is by far the best tasting juice i have had.

I like my variety, but i have to make sure i get some more Hydra Delight!

I just wanted to share my experience. If you are a smoker, don't try to duplicate the flavor with vapor. You can get even better results vapin, but nothing mimics it.

Congratulations on making the switch to vaping,keep it up!Yeah that Hydras Delight is really good stuff,I've got it in my Aspire K1 on my MVP 20w ATM.I wasn't crazy about it at first but now I can't go a day without having a few toots of it.The PBFB is good stuff too,I alternate that and his bakery mash in my dripper everyday.Welcome to Vapor Talk!

Comp does have some fantastic juices!

Like you I started with the eGo-style batteries, and quickly realized the KPT3 minis were awesome tanks when paired together! I'm glad to hear you've found a good juice to keep you vaping. Quite often, that is why people give up on vaping and go back to analogs... they can't find a flavor that keeps them from lighting-up! Keep up the good work, and feel free to post up your questions, or just join in on the conversations :) Welcome!!

I thought the very same thing. One of my local B&M's sells a rum tobacco that's really nice. I bought another tobacco flavor from another once that was supposed to be all the rage but was terrible. I ended up giving it away and that was over a year ago. I will still smoke a Swisher Sweet Cigarillo every now and then but I'm not gonna beat myself up about it.

I rolled ZigZag fer years until it wasnt cost/time efficient ta do so any longer & went back ta storebought nonfilters..

I gotta agree with the rest, a good tasting tobacco juice isnt out there but I got one thats close to the ZigZag taste...

Glad ta hear ya found sumpin ta keep ya off of cigs...

Hi new to this - been vaping for a year now but only just getting started to move out of the starter kit stageyes.gif At the moment I am on an Innokin MVP2 with the

Aspire K1 tank - first leap into the unknown. I find the set up pretty good but the coil life is poor and the best taste is on the lowest settings - 3.3 volts and 6watts I am looking at the nautilus mini - any advice and also what batteries have the lowest volt setting.

Edited by ecignut

Hi new to this - been vaping for a year now but only just getting started to move out of the starter kit stageyes.gif At the moment I am on an Innokin MVP2 with the

Aspire K1 tank - first leap into the unknown. I find the set up pretty good but the coil life is poor and the best taste is on the lowest settings - 3.3 volts and 6watts I am looking at the nautilus mini - any advice and also what batteries have the lowest volt setting.

If you can't turn your Voltage above 3.3V (6W), then I'd suspect the juice more than the tank or battery. Most batteries (non variable) are 3.7V, and between 3.5 and 3.9V is the sweet-spot for most tanks and juices. I don't recall any battery/mod that operates lower than 3.3V unless it's a very expensive box-mod, but I could be wrong on that?

Is your juice a really high PG blend or 100% PG? Try a different brand of juice, and perhaps something in the 50/50 PG/VG ratio, and I think you'll find a much more pleasurable experience. Also, not sure about your coil, but those in the 1.5-2.0 Ohm range will provide good results between 3.5V and 3.9V.

Hi - thanks for your responses - I can turn up the volts and watts - I did not explain it very well.I get the best taste results from the lowest settings on my mvp, that is why I wondered about even lower voltage that might be available on other power sources.

It might be the K1 itself that is like this - if I turn up the volts and watts - and I have tried all settings - I get plenty vapour but less taste - you would think it would be the other way roundflower.gif I think I will invest in the nautilus mini and see if that helps.By the way the K1 is really good on the low volts it is a good value tank.If only the coils lasted longer.

I have found the same! I haven't been Vaping that long but I have tried a few different Tobacco Flavors and I haven't found one that Nails It. The closest I have found, or rather the one I enjoy the most is the Black Cherry Tobacco from Amsterdam eLiquids. Its a VG Liquid and the flavor is nice and not too overpowering.

Edited by Tam
Removed spammy link