Which mech mod or box for kanger tech subtank

I like the flexibility that the new kanger subtank offers. I will definitely purchase this unit. It allows one to use thier own coils and cotton or simply swap back to a tank with pre fab coils. Now the question is when i want to put it in RBA mode, what would one recommend i place it on? A dig mod? a mech mon? a box? Would definately love to hear from those who have both setups. A friend of mine recommends a 100w box, he has it setup that way but he is a cloud chaser.

Tam;

I dont have a need for a 100w, but if i am going to buy 40w and then later 100w is the next step i would just buy that. I do love flavor, thats why i want to go with the cotton coils over silk. I am not a cloud chaser, but i hear eventually evolution will win and i will be one. lol

Tam;

I dont have a need for a 100w, but if i am going to buy 40w and then later 100w is the next step i would just buy that. I do love flavor, thats why i want to go with the cotton coils over silk. I am not a cloud chaser, but i hear eventually evolution will win and i will be one. lol

You're probably right, Jake, but so far I'm in denial and firmly sitting in the "I have no need for 100w" circle. My fingers are crossed that I can stay there. I have too much stuff as it is. LOL

I look at it this way... the sub-tank 0.5 Ohm coils are recommended to be used at a maximum 30W, which means my IPV-mini ($50), or an iStick 30W would be all the power needed. Also, even if using a mech-mod, 0.5 Ohms @ 4.1V is only 33.6W.

I'm sure if you were cloud-chasing, you'd want/need more power, but for the average-Joe... a 30W device will suffice... and a 50W device would fit the needs of the vast majority of vapers (all but that 1-2% of cloud-chasers).

so if i get a sub tank and a dna 30 box mod, would that mod be able to fire the 0.5 ohm coils?

The data sheet that I have shows .5 as the lower limit for the Evolv DNA 30. It should work. The problem you can run into is many of these mods don't read the ohms of the atomizer correctly and might not fire. I have tried the .5 ohm coil on the iStick 30 watt, Sigelei 30 mini, and my ipv3. I was just trying to check to see how close the ohms read on the 3 different devices.

If you have a specific box mod you are looking at post a link and someone would be glad to check it out and make sure it is compatible. More than likely someone here runs the combination you are looking for!

There are so many Hana Clones! This one seems to get pretty good reviews. The picture of the DNA type board looks a lot like Cloupor's version, but I can't tell. Here it is on SlowTech: http://www.fasttech.com/products/3032/10007864/1893404

I personally don't have any experience with this one, but chances are someone on here does!

Edited by jasonculp

I am in the same boat, although I ordered the Atlantis sub ohm tank. Since my VTR can't handle sub ohm vaping this led me to the XPRO M50. But then they came out with the M65 for cheaper, so I bought one. Still waiting on delivery for both of them. Check out the M50 OR M65, they can be used as a regulated mod, or switch to a mech mode which bypasses the circuit board and allows you to draw directly from the battery. Sounds like the best of both worlds, but what do I know? A month ago I didn't even know what the term Vaping meant, lol!!!!!!

I have the kanger subtank mini. I run it on the ipv2s at 20 watts and love it. Ive noticed for some reason with the mini I get a burnt hit at 25 watts. So I keep it toned down. I use my subtank most of the time and my little boy rda other times. I use an ipv2s for both of then. Stock 60watts and can be upgraded to 75watts for free.

Here's what I've got powering my Subtank at the moment:

gallery_15088_188_1170.jpggallery_15088_188_26301.jpg

It's Aspire's CF 18650 Mod, and it's powered by a Sony VTC4 2100mAh battery. It works beautifully, and IMO looks pretty sweet, too.

I've got a SmokTech M50 65W box mod on the way, so I'll repost when I have a chance to try it out.

Edited by Rixter