Ok battery gurus....need some help

So I've been looking around at some batteries to replace my old and true tested vtc3. Long story short I was in a shop and seen these brightass yellow mxjo 35amp 18650. At $15 a single I passed plus I'm very cautious when it comes to high drain batteries from losing a few rc from faulty lipos.

So did a quick Bing search and found a few mxjo sites with some info. In the shops these batteries are being sold as 35A cont. Discharge. On the product page they state that these are only rated for 35A pulse....then they have other batteries with 30A, 20A, and other ratings. But to me they look like rewrapped HE2 CELLS.

Out of all the things in our gear the battery is the one part of our setups that really needs to have clear trusted stats and not some word of mouth or engrwish

When I was looking for batteries a few weeks ago, I ran across those mxjo batteries. Something in the back of my head told me to back away slowly so nobody got hurt :) I, too, thought they looked suspicious, and the claim of 35A (and one guy at the B&M said they "easily handled 60A", but he was probably unable to tie his shoes without help) just seemed too good to be true.

I opted to purchase Samsung 25r's, but if I hadn't found those on sale, I would have bought more Sony VTC4's. I don't trust the VTC5's, because technically they don't exist (according to Sony), because Sony didn't make them... they were contracted by other manufacturers and all have wildly different specs.

I went into my old smoke shop for the first time in almost a year. They had a small amount of ecig gear when I quit. They now have a ton more liquids and devices. However, I noticed in the display case they had random brand batts in a plastic tray just thrown in there. May not be fully charged, but that looked like an accident waiting to happen. Side note, they were selling god mods, IPV3's etc....

So I've been looking around at some batteries to replace my old and true tested vtc3. Long story short I was in a shop and seen these brightass yellow mxjo 35amp 18650. At $15 a single I passed plus I'm very cautious when it comes to high drain batteries from losing a few rc from faulty lipos.

So did a quick Bing search and found a few mxjo sites with some info. In the shops these batteries are being sold as 35A cont. Discharge. On the product page they state that these are only rated for 35A pulse....then they have other batteries with 30A, 20A, and other ratings. But to me they look like rewrapped HE2 CELLS.

Out of all the things in our gear the battery is the one part of our setups that really needs to have clear trusted stats and not some word of mouth or engrwish

I am with you on this. I only run (now) VTC4's and have a few purple EFests and 1 xtar. I am really not using any of them now, because I mostly run my iStick. I have seen all the charts and graphs that will black and others have posted, but they are greek to me. I love techie stuff, charts, graphs, meters...etc. I just don't understand them when it comes to batteries!

I am also with you on the lipo batteries. I would love to come up with one to replace the dual 18650 setup in my ipv3. I just don't know enough about them either....