Homemade 50/50 not as thick as commercial?

In my early efforts at making my own e-juice, the first thing I notice is that my homemade mixture is not nearly as thick as the stuff I have bought. My mixture is a 50/50 pg/vg mixture calculated with the eJuice Me Up software so I'm confident that my 50/50 mixture is accurate. Is there a reason that the 50/50 mixtures I have bought pre-made are that much thicker? Is it an issue?

At a little over 20% flavoring, i dont know, it doesnt take much to thin out vg.

Have you tried substituting the .8 ml pg for vg?

If you're getting the vapor production and the flavor you like then i guess it's fine.

And honestly, i don't know how accurate other vendors are when they label stuff. A lot don't even label mixtures and I think it's the retailers that "guess".

Next time change your mix to 40/60 and see if that helps.

Thanks... I'll give that a try. I'm still new at this and my reading tells me that the PG is the flavor carrier and the VG is the vapor producer. If that's correct I can understand the tradeoff. On my next flavor recipe I'll try out 40pg/60vg and see how that pans out...

I'm still new at this and my reading tells me that the PG is the flavor carrier and the VG is the vapor producer. If that's correct I can understand the tradeoff. On my next flavor recipe I'll try out 40pg/60vg and see how that pans out...

Your reading tells you right. PG is also way thinner than VG so that might be something to work with.

Start making small batches of like 5ml until you get it tweeked into your sweet spot

5ml batches are a little tough for me to make. I need to go locate some 1ml syringes. The smallest syringes I have are 3ml. They are graduated in .1ml increments but making really small batches requires precise measurement. Making larger batches doesn't require as much measurement precision. Small errors in measurement on a 5ml batch would be a bigger 'change' in the flavor and consistency.

I worked it out on my Calculator and it was spot on at 50/50. I have to agree with Bebop in that some E-Juice makers do not do things as accurately as they should. I agree with joe go with a 40/60 and see if that is more to your liking. One problem may be your NIC being 50/50 to start with. Next time you order your NIC order 100%vg and at 100mg. I have found that my pg/vg mixes are more on the thicker side when the NIC is also 100%vg. When you use 100mg NIC you will use less and it will last longer at the same price.

You will need some 1ml syringes or a 10ml graduated cylinder though. My preference is graduated cylinders for mixing and measuring. If you need a couple PM me and I will hook you up.

Check this outhttps://www.myfreedomsmokes.com/nicotine-base-flavorings/nicotine-solutions/unflavored-nicotine-smoke-juice-e-liquid-liter-sale.htmlsuper clean nic n great prices, they say its on sale but its always this. I buy the 20 liters for 1000 bucks but sometimes its 900.00. Plus free shipping over 75.00. I think they have pg/VG but not sure I buy my pg/VG elsewhere.

Edited by hookahhighness