asMODus Colossal 35W due out Jan-Feb 2015

I ran across this while looking at new toys today... and it seems quite interesting.

I just purchased an IPV-mini, and the asMODus promo video I saw compared the Colossal with the IPV-mini and IPV3. The Colossal is slightly smaller than the mini (much smaller than the IPV3), yet still fits an Aspire Atlantis sized atty perfectly flush (no over-hang). I have no info to compare the GX350 chip to the SX130 chip (from the mini), so I've no clue if one is more reliable/better than the other...

MSRP is $100, but looks like a few sites have pre-orders being taken at $80. First release colors should be brushed Aluminum bodies with polished top/bottom caps in natural/Stainless or black/Brass.

Product Specifications:

• Dimensions: 35mm x 88mm x 21mm

• Output voltage: 3.0 - 8.2V Volts

• Output power: 5 - 35 Watts

• Loading resistance: 0.3 - 3.0 ohm

• Efficiency: 92%

• GX350 chip

• OLED mirrored screen

• Floating top pin to make any atty sit flush with ease

• Aluminum alloy construction

• Accommodates a single 18650 sized battery

• USB charging

mmrnnes_1_.jpg

Any thoughts? Any experience with the company's other products or the GX350 chip?

Ok, I went and read about this mod, and I think it is going to the top of my list. I was going to get the Vapor Shark DNA30 (not a RDNA) They are on sale for $99, but I really like the looks of this one! It does concern me that asmodus as been known to have very poor customer communication when dealing with pioneer4you warranty work, but usually gets things resolved eventually. The darker version looks amazing!

Thanks Earthling! this one has not been on my radar.

Edit: Dang it....couldn't stand it. Black and brass version pre-ordered...

Edited by jasonculp

Lmao do I need to make another goodie list like I did for copper stuff

No. You most certainly do NOT need to make a list. Earthling already talked me into an IPV mini or whatever the hell it is that I just ordered. LOL. There are enough mech mods, APVs and such that are not seeing that much use already in my arsenal without having to add anything more. The only reason why I ordered the... whatever it is, is because I still didn't have anything APV-wise that went over 15 watts and below 1.0 ohm coils. :D

Seriously, when you get it, you'll have to post up a good review for the rest of us poor folk to envy, hahaha

I shouldn't have done it, I really don't have the extra money! It just really caught my eye. The brass/black has a hand tooled leather look to me, it is one of the first box mod (that isn't a hand made custom) that has been really visually appealing to me.

I will definitely do a review when I get it (which will probably be in March if it works like most preorders...lol)

• 2 months later...

I will definitely do a review when I get it (which will probably be in March if it works like most preorders...lol)

Even though I was joking...it looks like this will turn out to be true if I am lucky.  It could be June now!

Edited by jasonculp

Yeah, I am still excited for it. I pre-ordered 1/1/15 it was $79.99 and 35 watts.  They said it would be released in early February.  Here we are in March it is now a 50 watt mod, and it is $99.99.  When I got the e-mail I was shocked today.  This is the first I have heard out of them since I ordered it in January.  I guess when it gets here, it gets here!

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines