Kanger SUBTANK vs. Aspire Atlantis,which one would you pick?

Well I purchased a box of replacement 0.5 Ohm OCC heads today for the Kanger. Primed one up and I have to tell you that this tank kicks ***! Compared to the Atlantis I think the Kanger is a better setup. A few days ago I couldn't make up my mind but having used the stock 0.5 today I can. The Kanger is a warmer more volume filled vape and the taste is awesome. The Atlantis is still a good tank but it is airier and cool by comparison.

Now that I've played around with the RBA, I think I'll build a better micro coil this week.

Edited by Mplough

I am loving my subtank. I actually gave up on clearomizers months ago. I didn't like the coil heads, flooding, leaking etc. I got a couple kayfuns and most recently the lemo and I've been loving them. My daugher got me a subtank for Christmas, and i was very reluctant to even take it out of the box, but i figured what the hell.

I am very pleasantly surprised! Keep in mind I don't own an atlantis so I have no comparison, but i can say one thing, my subtank sitting on my sig 100w at 25 watts is awesome. I love the 6 mil capacity, no leaking or flooding, and no dry hits. It's been about a week with this .5 ohm occ, so we will see how long the coil lasts, but that week has been a tank of juice a day and it is still going strong. Its that good that I have barely used my infinate CLT 2 since i got it. I like a lot of vaper, I'm not a cloud chaser per se, i just feel more satisfied with more vaper, and this thing chucks it! but like I said I don't have an atlantis so maybe it performs better, but the low juice capacity and the fact that I've heard it's a pita to fill, scared me away from it. I've heard that aspire is coming out with a larger glass for the atlantis to bump up its juice capacity, so that may make it better. All in all I never would have bought this tank because like I said, I was done with clearos, but I am so glad I got it as a gift. It reminds me to be open minded!

@redneck vaper

Kudos to your daughter, she bought you a nice tank. Since I purchased a replacement set of heads (0.5 Ohm) I'm happier than a pig in poop and my Grandmother owns a farm so I know a few thing about pigs!

I did a comparison between my Atlantis and Sub today. Same juice, same wattage, same battery. The Sub blows the Atlantis away in vapor production and flavor. My Atlantis at the smallest air hole still does not produce as good of flavor as the Sub on the largest setting.

It's worth mentioning that the replacement coils have different colored rubber seals than the set that came with the tank. I spoke with someone Tuesday that had the same problem with their 0.5 coil being shorted out of the box. Maybe Kanger had some bad seals and changed the material or vendor.

All in all I think the Kanger Sub is a better tank.

After hanging out at the local vape shop tonight, I think everyone there decided the same. My Kanger was like the village bicycle, everyone wanted a ride. Think I'm going to put my 2 Atlantis tanks up for sale and get another Kanger.

I just got the atlantis today and am enjoying it but im worried that people who like mouth to lung hits will be greatly disappointed. draw is a little tight for direct lung hits but not bad. you will not need to slipstream this thing but its deff not as free flowing as some of my rda's. vapor production and flavor is on par with most rda's imho. no kidding though on the limited amount of juice this thing can hold, its almost laughable considering the way iv been vaping ill have to fill this bastard 10 times a day. overall performance is stellar in my book.

Yahtzee!! :D

So you're looking for a battery not a PV. I'm trying to keep the jargon of vaping straight. I run both of mine off a Sigelei 100W, Aspire CF MOD and a Hades Mech. They both work fine off of them all.

Looks like it's from a company called Wotofo.

Cool! Wotofo seems to really be popping up a lot in the clone market. I have been hearing a lot about them lately.

There pages seem to be down:

http://www.wotofotech.com

http://www.a-modvapor.com/

Thier Alibaba page is up:

http://wonderfulsz.en.alibaba.com/

Edited by jasonculp

I've had Kanger products ever since I started vaping a year ago and I've always had some issues with them.I've had this Nautilus for almost a month and I've had zero issues so far.IMHO Aspire has the better track record...tried and true as they say.And the coils last a long time.im still using the coils it came with in the box.I haven't bought new ones yet.

Well I'm only into vaping for 3 months now. I started with a Nautilus and moved on to the Atlantis. I liked the Nautilus until I tried the Atlantis. Being a former cigar smoker I was looking for more cloud. The Atlantis provided that but I always thought the flavor was better from the Nautilus. A compromise I was willing to make until I tried the Sub Tank. Admittedly, the Sub Tank had an issue right out of the box with the 0.5 Ohm OCC head but I purchased a new box of heads and it has performed flawlessly since.

I ran my Atlantis at 40 watts, which is suggested by Aspire. The Sub Tank I run at 25 watts and have better flavor than I did with my Nautilus and save battery life. I've let about 9 people with Atlantis tanks try my Sub Tank side by side with my Atlantis, same juice and every one of them picked the Sub Tank and commented on how much better the flavor was and produced the same or better vapor. I don't have a dog in this hunt, Aspire makes good products I just know for me the Kanger is the hands down winner in this round.

If the longer chimney on the 5ml Atlantis tank improves the flavor, I'll buy another one.

Edited by Mplough