Need your advice/suggestions please

I have been away from Vapor Talk for a while. My daddy passed away last week and we put him to rest Saturday. When I left the community the most popular tank was the Aspire Nautilus mini with the vertical coil. The only bad thing I heard about the mini is that it did not hold enough juice and some were saying they were hoping for the same tank not as big as 5ml but larger then the mini. If that has not happened yet I don't think it is going to happen. The KPT 2 holds the perfect amount of juice for me. The EVOD 2 did not. I had to refill them way too often. So does the mini hold more juice then the EVOD 2? Since I have been out of discussion for a while has there been any new and improved tank that everybody is liking more then the Aspire Nautilus mini? When I left they were the tank that delivers the best taste of juice by far. So some direction in which tank you would suggest will be greatly appreciated. I plan on buying 5 new tanks so I want to get the best and most popular because it will be a long time before I can buy anymore tanks. Also, which size holds about the same amount as the KPT2? They also have the

Aspire Nautilus Mini Hollow Assy do I need these to protect the glass. They do make the tank look nice if I do go for the mini. Also, do I buy one for each tank or buy just one and change in with the tank that is in use. I know that is a lot of questions and I really appreciate any advice and suggestions yall can give me.

My understanding is that the large Nautilus (5 ml) works just as well with BVC coil as the Mini does. So there is no reason for Aspire to make another Nautilus with another tank size, Really the Large nautilus is not unattractive and 5 ml is a nice size tank. Sorry to hear about your Dad- that is never easy! Paul

The regular sized Nautilus is $25.95 at the VT store. The mini is $25. The vertical coil will work in both . So far, these seem to be the best tanks around for flavor and performance.

My deepest condolences on your dad's passing, Patricia.

Update: The mini is $24 :D

Edited by Tameiki

Hi Patricia, so sorry to hear about your dad. I wish I had some good insight into tanks but I think I am deprived as I have such limited sources for tanks and other stuff in Malaysia without paying ridiculous shipping fees and indeterminate tax rates at customs, so I live with what usually comes with kits. Usually some Iclear types of tanks and generic minis.

Im not even close to trying all the tanks out there yet. I have been through a lot of the more popular ones and would still have to choose the Nautilus over all I have had. May be better ones out there, I dunno yet.

Edited by BDM53ENT

Thanks to you all. I think I will get the large one. No one said anything about the Assy (the cage that goes over the glass). Do you use them and am I suppose to buy one for each tank or is it something you buy one of and put it on the tank you are using at the time? Thanks again yall.

Patricia, so sorry to hear about your daddy.

I've tried a few but the nautilus is my fav. I have the regular size and a mini, among others......pro tanks,I clears etc. I love my big nautilus the best. I too want the cages but haven't gottem yet. I am sort of clumsy, lol....so if it offers any kind of protection I need it! I would also like to hear what others think about them.

Dc

Condolences on your loss, Patricia...

Here's my input on the "cages"... as they contact the glass, and are thin, a sharp enough blow to crack the glass without the cage would surely be enough to crack the glass WITH the cage. Therefore, my take on the cages is they are "decorative" only.

I do like the flavor of my full-size Nautilus, which is slightly better than my KPT2's or AeroTanks. The Kanger tanks are IMO a bit more durable, and the coils are definitely cheaper (and last almost as long as the Aspire coils). Capacity of the full-size Nautilus is greater, and the mini Nautilus is roughly the same as the Kanger tanks (2.5-ish ml).

For the flavor and capacity I'd buy the Nautilus, and stock up on coils. Instead of buying decorative cages, I'd invest in a couple (or more) spare glass, for just in case breakages.

For durability, consistency, and price (tank and coils) I'd stock up on KPT2's with Air-flow Control bases (single-coil convenience, with adjustable air-flow). Or, AeroTanks... the V2's have optional Stainless tanks included, cost only a couple bucks more than KPT2s, and the coils are only slightly more expensive (but still cheaper than Aspire coils, by roughly half).

Five tanks, 20-pack of coils, and a couple spare Pyrex tanks... Nautilus cost will be pushing $200... KPT2 costs for the same, with addition of air-flow-control bases, will be ~ $100... AeroTank cost for the same would be ~$20 more than KPT2s.

Wow Earthling you really broke it down. I think I will go with what everyone is saying...The Nautilus full size. I guess I must be a little spoiled because even though you said the cage is just for decorative reasons, and I agree, and still want one. You have got to admit it makes the tank look sharp. At $11.00 a piece that is a chunk of money. I plan on buying 4 tanks so I guess that means 4 cages. Ouch. Thanks to everyone for you advice.

Thank you Comp. What tanks do you use? How many ML does the KPT2 hold? That is just right for me. I'm just changing because everyone says the Nautilus tastes so much better. Its not going to be long before I will need to order 4 more batteries for my Provari. They are not giving me any trouble yet but I want to have them ready when they do. I'm just scared to buy them too early because I'm afraid they will lose their strength. I found another reason I could not use my EVOD 2s, they wont fir on my Provari : ). How long do the Provari last? Now that I am using it when I try to use my Vision Spinners 2 I can't get a good enough hit off of them.

The 18650 batteries have a long shelf life so long as they are keep at room temperature. You would have no problem ordering them and have them for when you need them. I use the KPT 2s and I have 1 Nautilus. The KPT2s hold 2.5-3 ml of juice. I fill mine to the absolute limit just before it can drip down the tube. I use my rebuilt coils in my KPT tanks with the Areo base. I get great flavor and good vapor from them. The Nautilus I have gives me about the same the KPTs with my rebuilt coil heads IMO. Not sure on the Provari life span but I do know there are people on the board that have had theirs for a long time. They are a very well made unit.

Patricia, just curious- are the 4 tanks for your use or are there other people involved? I'm jealous- I would love 4 tanks!! Paul

God I do not know what I would do without several tanks lol. I have gotten to where I dread filling them all when we empty everything. I have 11 in rotation and my wife has 10 so usually I only fill tanks once a week. I would go nuts having to fill every day or two.

Patricia I am so sorry to hear about your Dads passing. We joined about the same time and you will be in my thoughts.

Thank you B, I am like you I have 5 KPT 2s and 5 EVOD 2s in rotation all the time. I don't wait like you to fill them up, I fill them when they run out and put them back in the case and go to the next flavor. That's why I do the rotation thin, because I get board with a juice by the time I have vaped 1 tank so I like to keep changing the flavors. I was scared to not put juice in them when they were empty because I did not know if the coil would dry out. Paul, I guess that answers your question. If you can just et one tank at each paycheck you will have 4 before you know it. That's how I built up my supply of vaping supplies. My kids say I have enough to open a vaping store but I told them I could not sell my stuff, I 've become attached to them. I still have 2 of the old Viva Novas that were the most popular tank going 2 years ago.

Thank you B, I am like you I have 5 KPT 2s and 5 EVOD 2s in rotation all the time. I don't wait like you to fill them up, I fill them when they run out and put them back in the case and go to the next flavor. That's why I do the rotation thin, because I get board with a juice by the time I have vaped 1 tank so I like to keep changing the flavors. I was scared to not put juice in them when they were empty because I did not know if the coil would dry out. Paul, I guess that answers your question. If you can just et one tank at each paycheck you will have 4 before you know it. That's how I built up my supply of vaping supplies. My kids say I have enough to open a vaping store but I told them I could not sell my stuff, I 've become attached to them. I still have 2 of the old Viva Novas that were the most popular tank going 2 years ago.

I understand why you do that also because you use different flavors but I rarely vape any tank completely empty and even when that happens I have never had any issue with wicks drying or anything like that. Sometimes when I have to re-fill one at work a couple days out of the week I can go 10 days between refills but usually it is once a week. I still have 3 unopened Mini Davides I stocked up on before they changed them but opened up the 4th one and added in a tank of my wifes 24mg Peppermint for Deer Season. The only flavor I use has a very strong aroma and hers hardly has any smell at all so that works better when hunting lol.

I have both the mini and the regular Nautilus (with adjustable airflow). I prefer the latter. As to better tanks out there, well, I'm too new to vaping to know that one yet...

So sorry to hear about your dad. Hugs!

What is airflow control? More or less smoke?

Airflow-control-valves on any tank do what they say... control the air-flow...

Decrease the air (smaller hole, or slot mostly covered), and you restrict air-flow to mimic a tighter draw, like a well-packed cigarette... better for mouth-to-lung hits. Open the air-flow (larger hole, or fully uncovered slot), and you allow more air to flow past the coil... which is better for lung-hits.

More air-flow also creates more vacuum pressure in a tank, which causes more wicking-action. More wicking-action can cause flooding or gurgling or popping, depending on the juice pg/vg ratio... higher pg = thinner juice.