Protecting your Pyrex, cheap and easy

Earthling789

Okay, I've been clumsy lately, and banged my MVP and tanks around a bit more than usual... especially knocking the rig over on my desk! So, I considered one of those "rubber-band" thingies to help pad the Pyrex on my tanks.... That is, I considered them until I saw the prices for a strip of silicone!

So, being the ingenious person I am, lol... I remembered that I had hundreds of feet of 550 paracord lying around (which I make key-chains, survival bracelets, lanyards, dog-collars, etc. from when I'm really, really bored).

Five minutes later, I have a Four-Bight-Turk's-Head tied around one of my AeroTanks, and not only is it decorative, but it should provide a small amount of protection from drops and knocks? It also slides up or down (with a little force, because I tightened it up quite a bit) so I can still see how much juice is left in the tank :)

What do you think?

2014-10-20215858_zpsf5642a51.jpg

Thanks VapeMama! After posting this last night, I tied a couple more in different colors for a couple of KPT2's... at least now I'm less worried about cracking a tank by accidentally knocking them over on my desk. I doubt they'll give much protection if I drop them 3-feet onto concrete, but who knows? :)

I like the look of it so well, that I may do a similar wrap along the length of my eGo batteries, using a thinner cord, and possibly wrap my MVP the same way so they won't be so cold in my hand (when outside) this winter, lol.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...