Milestones

Well its official. Today is the first day in 17 years (except for the 5 times that I was pregnant) that I have not had a cigarette! I had one yesterday on a long drive home (around 10 pm.) Today, none. I know I may fall off the wagon, but I am so proud of myself. I just had to brag a little to people that understand. :o)

Thanks all for all your support so far in my journey to being analog free!!!

Michelle

Congratulations! I also remember the 1st day, 2nd day, 3rd day, now it's almost 6 months. Just take it one day at a time. If you fall off the wagon, just brush yourself off and climb right back on. The longer you go without smoking, the better it feels knowing that you CAN live without smoking. (never thought I would have said that just a few months ago).

Good morning Michelle and all!

I'm right with ya, I'm cig free 3 weeks. I fell off the wagon 3 or 4 times and boy did I feel guilty but I kept on and let me tell you it is so worth it!

I would go buy a pack, when they were gone I would go 3 or 4 days of just vaping, then get the urge and go buy another pack and do the same thing. Finally I made up my mind when that pack was gone that was going to be IT....and that's what I did. So, it still takes a little will power. Reading everyone's posts were really what helped me. Now I don't even miss it.

Moral of the story is, YOU can do it!

Another thing that helped me was I have stomach and blood issues so I knew I had to. i have felt better in the last 3 weeks than I have felt in years. Started walking again and am up to 5 miles a day.

Dc

it's been about 4 months since I had some people over at the house alcohol was involved and I sucked down a whole pack of cigarettes within like a 5 hour period, next day I felt terrible, mouth tasted like ash and since then I just have my mod on me at all times. Feels good be free of those things.

I'm not proud to admit it....but I smoked an analog today...after almost a full month without them my batteries were dead and on charge. I got ticked off about something and broke down. It was the nastiest thing I've tasted in my life and I just feel dirty.

I'm not proud to admit it....but I smoked an analog today...after almost a full month without them my batteries were dead and on charge. I got ticked off about something and broke down. It was the nastiest thing I've tasted in my life and I just feel dirty.

This has gotten to be a rallying cry and we generally say this in a joking way but when we tell new vapers to get back ups, and back ups of back ups, and back ups of those, we're really not kidding. You never know when you'll need the extra back ups to tide you over.

Now, just start over and go get a cheap back up or three! :animier:

Tam's right. Can't have enough back ups! I used to think 'a' back up was enough, Now I know differently! I always have 2-3 extra coils, an extra tank of liquid, AND a battery with me. Found out the hard way I don't want to be 'stranded'!

And also, I don't think we underestimate how bad the "stinkies" stink until we are forced by our nic craving to have one when vaping isn't possible. Be it a dead coil/battery or being out of juice.

Hang in there Valhoon. Just be prepared for the next (inevitable) time you are going to need a back up!

So, after hitting a deer on the way to work, dealing with 911 services, and fricking insurance company really wanted an analog - or a pack. Don't have any anywhere and just chain vaped until I calmed down. Finally at home and not smoking so added banner to signature. It is getting easier.

Hope you weren't hurt, DarellC. Good for you that you were able to get through all that without resorting to analogs. :)

No Tam, I wasn't hurt (thanks for asking) just spooked; 2-1/2 years of daily driving from Denver to Colo Springs (~60 miles each way) on a 2-lane highway and came over a hill with nothing to do. Airbags didn't go off, deer flew over the car-have a hoofprint on the windshield. and with the recent nasty hailstorms if it is fixable they could start in mid-December. That drive was really my hardest time to quit smoking.

No Tam, I wasn't hurt (thanks for asking) just spooked; 2-1/2 years of daily driving from Denver to Colo Springs (~60 miles each way) on a 2-lane highway and came over a hill with nothing to do. Airbags didn't go off, deer flew over the car-have a hoofprint on the windshield. and with the recent nasty hailstorms if it is fixable they could start in mid-December. That drive was really my hardest time to quit smoking.

Well, if you didn't go back to smoking then, chances are very good that you won't ever go back.

All these years I've driven that same stretch of road and I've never once seen a deer. I always wondered if the yellow deer crossing signs were correct. Seems like they are. Denver's had so much hail this past summer. Last time I was there for three days I was glad the hotel I was staying at had underground parking. Cars can be replaced. YOU can't. Glad we don't have to put that to the test. :)

• 1 month later...