The change over?

Aprilbks

Well I finished my pack of smokes a few days ago an picked up a vaper talked to some nice ppl up here that help a lot with some ?'s I had . I kinda still want the real deal an I'm not sure if it's BC my nic is to low or what. I have a 1.8% juice an think I may need to go up. I really want to quit the analog for a num of reasons so what should I do?

I started with 24mg a few months ago when I quit cigarettes. After a month I dropped down to 12mg, then I started dripping my own diy flavors and went to 6 mg. after a few weeks of 6mg I went down to 3 and now I'm at 0 nicotine.

You also got to ask yourself what you like more, to have a good amount of vapor when you exhale or do you like the feel if a strong throat hit on the inhale.

Big clouds = a higher VG and lower PG juice and throat hit = a higher PG and lower VG juice.

Just do what ever it takes to kick the habit of smoking, you'll feel like a new person!!

I think bcarter mentioned that it is not just smoking you are also withdrawing from toxins. If you are unable to quit smoking outright then just cut back as much as you can. You have to give your body time to recover. It's used to seeing all those toxins daily and it's going to object at first. You have to balance your motivation with detox and just KEEP GOING. You can do this. It gets better, I promise. :)

Hopefully your vape shop can hook you up, and I wish you all the luck. I think upping the nicotine will give you a little more of the satisfaction you're looking for. Quick overnight fixes happen for some people, and others it takes an adjustment period. Regardless of which type of person you are just stick with it and cut down at a pace that suits you until you are cigarette free. We are all here for support and advice so don't be a stranger.

Congrats on making the switch :thumbup:

I started out on a Hades dripper with 6mg juice. I still love the satisfying hits that it delivers but I also have an eGo twist with an Aspire tank as a backup using 18mg juice.

I just stepped down to 12mg juice in the backup.

3 weeks without a Camel and here is my strategy.

In the morning, I vape on the eGo. I try to wait until about 11am or so before I start hitting the Hades. I usually vape on it when I have those "Really need a cigarette" moments. :wallbash:

So far it is working for me, maybe it will help someone.

:cheers:

Well I went to the vape shop last night an talked to some one that helped a lot an let me try all kinds of different juices. I found one I really like although I didn't go up. I Have been 4 days now with out the real deal an I think it's working yay lol . Thanks everyone U have all been so kind

When u went up to a 24 did it give u a harder throat hit. I went in the vape shop an the lady in there said I didn't need to go any higher that the 18 I was already on just wondering what I need to do I do however feel a lil bit better about not wanting one

Yes you will get more throat hit with the 24mg.

As far as the lady at the vape shop, Ignore her advice, she doesn't understand that 18mg is just not enough for some people. Everyone is different and their setups are different. You proved to your self that the 24mg took the edge off that you needed. That tells me that you definitely want to start at 24mg. You can always drop back as your cravings subside. When you do start to drop back, make sure you have some 24 on hand in case you feel strong cravings. :)

When u went up to a 24 did it give u a harder throat hit. I went in the vape shop an the lady in there said I didn't need to go any higher that the 18 I was already on just wondering what I need to do I do however feel a lil bit better about not wanting one

Vape Shops kill me. I would maybe go there to buy stuff but not to get advice from a clerk. My wife has vaped 24mg since 4-23-2013 and I switched to 18mg from 24mg about 6 months in because of the taste of my all day vape (24mg killed the flavor I like) but I go through almost twice as much because it is in my hand all day. Probably using 5ish ml per day now.

If you want 24 get 24. I know people that vape 30 and 36mg after years of vaping.

Also if you need equipment I posted a stupid good deal in member classifieds just sayin. Tanks, batteries, coils, replacement glass, liquids I am throwing in (6mg but they were given to me by a rep).

Edited by bcartervol98

I agree with the smart people here! Do what works for you. If 24 is working good go for it! I have been thinking about stepping down to a lower nicotine level, but with the stresses of work, and life in general, my cravings have crept back in a bit lately. So I have decided to scrap the plan. I an not worried one bit about the nicotine level in my body. Sure I would like to no longer be dependent on nicotine, but I'm happy for now not being dependent on analogs. One day at a time!

Good Luck!

Vape Shops kill me. I would maybe go there to buy stuff but not to get advice from a clerk. My wife has vaped 24mg since 4-23-2013 and I switched to 18mg from 24mg about 6 months in because of the taste of my all day vape (24mg killed the flavor I like) but I go through almost twice as much because it is in my hand all day. Probably using 5ish ml per day now.

If you want 24 get 24. I know people that vape 30 and 36mg after years of vaping.

Also if you need equipment I posted a stupid good deal in member classifieds just sayin. Tanks, batteries, coils, replacement glass, liquids I am throwing in (6mg but they were given to me by a rep).

Thanks so much I didn't get the 24 bc she said I didn't need it an well I am new so I believed her an stuck with the 18 but find myself wanting to vape more or wanting a real cig

Yes you will get more throat hit with the 24mg.

As far as the lady at the vape shop, Ignore her advice, she doesn't understand that 18mg is just not enough for some people. Everyone is different and their setups are different. You proved to your self that the 24mg took the edge off that you needed. That tells me that you definitely want to start at 24mg. You can always drop back as your cravings subside. When you do start to drop back, make sure you have some 24 on hand in case you feel strong cravings. :)

I didn't get the 24 bc she said I didn't need it but I think I do bc I find myself wanting to vape more

Thanks so much I didn't get the 24 bc she said I didn't need it an well I am new so I believed her an stuck with the 18 but find myself wanting to vape more or wanting a real cig

Well, until you maybe get the 24 mg nic, go ahead and vape more. Do whatever it takes to stay off the analogs.

Just because you get the 24 doesn't mean you can only vape the 24 -- if you find that it's too much for you. It's also easy to mix equal parts of the 24 and 18 mg (if you buy the same flavor or something that tastes good mixed), to get around 20 mg or so.

My preferred is 12 mg now, but I have juices that go from 0 nic to 24 and everything in between. What and how much I vape depends on my mood, the flavor and what kind of situation I'm going to be in. When in a high stress environment or at a time when I can't vape as much, I go with my 24. When relaxing at home I go with the 12 or sometimes down to 6 mg juice. It all depends.

What I'm trying to say in my rambling is that you don't have to stick with just one all the time. :)

Tam has a good point! I have really started to get serious about vaping and quitting cigarettes. When I'm home and no stress, I have a juice that I love but it is only a 6 mg. But if I'm driving, or stressed out, I use my 18 or my 24. There are no rules to vaping (as I'm learning). Trial and error, find what you like, what works for you. No two people vape exactly the same (as I see with me and my husband every day!) just figure out what keeps you from going back to analogs and stick with that.

Good luck.

Tam has a good point! I have really started to get serious about vaping and quitting cigarettes. When I'm home and no stress, I have a juice that I love but it is only a 6 mg. But if I'm driving, or stressed out, I use my 18 or my 24. There are no rules to vaping (as I'm learning). Trial and error, find what you like, what works for you. No two people vape exactly the same (as I see with me and my husband every day!) just figure out what keeps you from going back to analogs and stick with that.

Good luck.

Good for you, mkauthen! You're learning, kiddo. :D

LOL thanks. Its a good thing I found you guys, cuz you all have taught me so much! Not too mention, my husband has guys at work that he can talk to about vaping, and such, but I since I'm home with all the kids it is pretty easy to fall back in to old habits. LOL So I stalk the forums when I feel the need for a cigarette...