Hello from New Hampshire

RonJahn

Hello everyone, my name is Shawn. I'm from southern New Hampshire and I'm completely new to vaporizing. I'm extremely excited to get started. I guess I can tell you a bit about myself.

I'm 27 years old and have been a heavy, pack and a half a day, cigarette smoker for the past 10 years.

Over the years I tried to quit so many times. Gum, patches, meditation, and cold turkey, but always going back. I recently wanted to try prescriptions like chantix, but found out my insurance wouldn't cover the meds or appointments. Frustrated I began to ask people for suggestions. A friend recommend looking to find a Vaporizer shop in my area. I did a bit of reading and was very interested.

I found one about 20 minutes from home and stopped by this past Saturday. After spending about 2 hours there talking to the owners and testing out some equipment and juices(these guys were really helpful), I personally think my life has changed dramatically for the better.

I haven't smoked a cigarette in 5 days. I brought home a Kanger Tech EMOW starter kit, along with 2 bottles of juices(rootbeer and a strawberry custard). I have had a few urges to have a butt, however, I love this thing so far and I don't think I'll EVER go back to cigs. It's easy to use, clean, and the battery seems to last me all day. Is there anything I should know about this kit or can anyone recommend some extra tanks or upgrades for it?

I look forward to chatting with all of you here and learning along the way. I would appreciate any advice, suggestions, or support you all have for me as I begin this journey.

Cheers!

Hi Shawn. Congratulations on getting a new life. There's tons of info posted here you'll find helpful. Take your time and read up - it might seem confusing at first- but keep reading and learning. There are lots of devices and combinations of gear. Lots of photos of different gear. Enjoy, and welcome to VT.

Welcome!

The Kanger starter rocks, and will serve you well while you get the hang of things and decide where you want to go with vaping (keeping it simple or full-on hobby). Your starter has two tanks and two batteries... the only recommendation I would make is to pick up another tank or two and a 5-pack of replacement coils in 1.5 or 1.8 Ohm resistance... that's the sweet-spot for the standard batteries, and I think you'll be pleased!

Good luck, and feel free to ask questions!!

I started off with the same kit! the best advice I could give you is to keep a backup ready to go. did you get the starter kit with one or two devices? the backup isnt an issue since I doubt youre going to forget to charge it or whatnot but if something goes wrong the battery is a dudd or the tank breaks or WHATEVER happens. then at least you have a backup instead of going back to stinkies!

take your time with this one since its a great device. after doing research youll find a bunhc of different paths to take with learning curves of their own.

Have fune with it & sincerely dont be shy to ask ANYTHING. some people are scared to ask questions at first since they have usually been answered in previous threads. Dont be shy and if ever you want any advice you can always PM me personnally. I dont mind answering the same questions 100s of times, as long as im helping you stay off sitnkies haha. Im not a pro but I have taken a few steps into this and its turned into a hobby more than a cessation technique.

Welcome to VT!

• 4 weeks later...

welcome! Sounds like you got a good starter kit, and believe me, the better your equipment is when you start, the better your chances are of sticking with it. LOL (my hubby got the great starter stuff, I got hand me downs, its taking me longer than its taking him...)

Anyways, great bunch of people here, who really do answer any and all questions (I've been asking plenty...)

Jump in, and have fun!

Michelle

Hi Shawn, welcome! Live Free or Die! Smoke and die or vape and live seems like a no brainer to me :) Good journey! It sure still surprises the hell out of me that I've been doing this so long and gone months and months without smokes. Amazing beyond belief. I used to think life with out cigs wasn't worth living and this has been almost totally painlessl