Newer to the vape scene, would like some advice

saxile

Hello, I purchased an evod starter kit along with my wife in the early part of the year. While I like the taste of the e-liquid and it is satisfing to me compared to tobacco it however doesn't produce enough vapor for me and doesn't last throughout the day. I generally smoke and inhale a pipe so I'm used to a heavy, thick smoke and would like to find something like that in the vapor field. I would like to find something easy on the pocket though, used would be fine too. I don't want anything to fancy, I like how the evod looks and works so I would like to find something that is like that but expandable to do other things as well. Any advice would be wonderful that could point me in the right direction.

Thanks, Mike

Welcome to Vt, I found I had the same issue. Didn't smoke a pipe, but regular tank was lacking.

A kpt 2 with a added airflow base helped a lot.

What level of pg/VG are you using?

I eventually went to a RBA and found the perfect Vape.

Increase of VG could help as well as increased airflow.

First approach -

Change to 1.5 coils (1.8 would be max) and get your juices mixed to 50/50 pg/vg

2nd approach

Upgrade to Evod2 dual coils and tanks and keep the 50/50 juice

3rd approach

Spend the money on an Aspire Nautilus or mini Nautilus

After that, it gets fancy. You are really asking for the holy grail of vaping: big clouds and cheap, lol

I was a cigar smoker, so I know what you're talking about... I get decent vapor (decent enough to satisfy) from my EVOD/eGo battery and a Kanger ProTank3-mini tank (same operation as the EVOD2, but with SS and Pyrex tank). Changing to 60/40 and 50/50 juices REALLY increased the vapor production. I also recommend the Kanger ProTank2 (single coil, which are a bit cheaper) with added AeroBase... or an AeroTank (dual-coil)... both produce enough vapor to satisfy me.

My AeroTank throws as much vapor as my buddy's Nautilus, but take that observation for what it's worth (could be juice or coil resistance differences)... lol

Bebop is spot on... after those changes... you're moving on to Mechanical MODS and RDA/RBA (rebuildables), which take some knowledge, safety, tools/equipment, and the "toys" can get expensive :)

The Nautilus or the PT2 with airflow base produce the vapor I like. i do like the dual coil of the Nautilus. I use 1.6 or 1.8 coils in it. I vape mostly 50/50 juice.

Edited by VapeMama

I am using 1.8 coils currently, not sure what the juice is mixed at as it doesn't say on my bottle, one of my wife's says 70/30 pg/vg though.

Yeah, I know I'm asking a tall order on this one, I don't mind spending a bit but would like to keep it under 100 for everything.

All the advice you've gotten so far is spot on. With that, I would add getting a variable voltage battery like the Vision Spinner II and the Aspire Nautilus mini with 1.6 or 1.8 ohm coils (the Vapor Talk store has the lowest prices on these that I've seen online). The variable voltage plus the vertical coil on the Nautilus gives me vapor that's comparable to my RDA and mechanical mod without the fuss and added work, extra knowledge of Ohm's Law, extra equipment and supplies. :)

It would, but the first link would require you to buy batteries and charger on top of the APV. After all the mods and APVs I own, my go to device is the Vision Spinner II. It's a great workhorse and many on this forum swear by them even though they have experience with other things. I would prefer not to spend so much when something less costly works just as well or better. Just my two cents. :)

Gotta be better than what I have however, when I draw I always get liquid in my mouth, the battery only lasts about 5 hours, hard as hell to draw, and so on. Just a spinner and tank will be about 60+ bucks anyways and those style of batteries are easier to charge and replace and a whole lot cheaper.

$60 for a spinner and a decent tank??? Little pricy isn't it?? If you go to the fluid vapes link you posted earlier under starter kits you can get a MVP 2.0 energy series with an iclear 16d tank for under $60 shipped. The tank will be fine to start with I use one to trial run my new juices. Save some cash and get the tank you want after that. The MVP battery is 2600mah and will go a while between charges. My local B&M sells smoktech 1300mah winders and Aspire ET-S bdc pyrex tanks with chargers as starter kits for $43 out the door. Shop around you can find spinners from 1300 to 1600mah and a decent tank for way under $60.

For 70-75$ you can get a more than decent set up for everyday use. Vision spinners is an amazing one to go for. If you want another choice which gives you a little bit of everything, I went for the Kanger EMOW. Its a newer model from them and comes in a starter kit (charger battery coils everything you need). It has the adjustable airflow which will help you find what you like in that area. Variable voltage which will give you 3 settings to choose from. and it lasts all day without a problem. I was looking into a vision spinner myself but since I have that one, I decided to stick with it since it has everything I would want. You just need the starter kit, no other tanks or batteries or chargers. just drop your juice and go!

I paid $27 for my 8 genuine Spinner 2s both here and at my other site I order from and never paid more than $16- $18 for any tank (My favorites were $11,99). They are about all I use, Vision Spinners. I have been smoke free for almost a year and a half and have tried everything there is (almost) that is not rebuildable (that you have to rebuild like RDAs and RBAs) and am convinced there is not a better battery on the market. My 1300mah Spinners I bought close to a year and a half ago became my beach-boat-lake batteries after I got my Spinner 2s and have been wet....dropped in saltwater...hell one was even buried because it took me about 15 minutes to find it in the surf and the first one dies last night...the others are all going strong.

I am 100% convinced there is not a better Ego style battery out there when these have lasted so long. My wife even stuck here Spinner 2 with KPT 2 on top into a ceiling fan last weekend sending it hurling about 50 feet to the back of the boat and it never missed a beat.

It all depends on what you want and it boils down to one thing. I have figured out there are two distinct approaches and they break down to this imo:

1. Simplicity: Plug and play, inexpensive coils, buy enough stuff to last a while and all you have to buy are coils and liquid for a VERY long time. This is for the vaper that has a primary motivation to quit smoking and save money (Me in a nutshell). It costs me about $80 a month for my wife and I combined to vape.

2. Complex: Rebuildables, APVs, Mods, and the latest greatest BDVC or BDC or BVC whatever is hot at the time. This is the hobbyist with an extensive collection that enjoys building their own coils and usually have a collection. The complex vaper is not concerned about the money saving aspect and treats it like a hobby more than simply a way to quit smoking and save money.

Everyone just has to decide what they want for themselves, there is plenty of room in the Vape Lounge for all of us lol.

Edited by bcartervol98

I looked around on ebay a bit and found spinner 2's there for around 18 a pop, they also have one that's a combo with the spinner 2 and a protank 2 for 32.

Would almost bet my entire collection of vaping gear those are knockoffs if new. EBay is a terrible place to depend on getting real name brand merchandise unless there is a reputable vendor that advertises there. Just my 2cents.

I paid $27 for my 8 genuine Spinner 2s both here and at my other site I order from and never paid more than $16- $18 for any tank (My favorites were $11,99). They are about all I use, Vision Spinners. I have been smoke free for almost a year and a half and have tried everything there is (almost) that is not rebuildable (that you have to rebuild like RDAs and RBAs) and am convinced there is not a better battery on the market. My 1300mah Spinners I bought close to a year and a half ago became my beach-boat-lake batteries after I got my Spinner 2s and have been wet....dropped in saltwater...hell one was even buried because it took me about 15 minutes to find it in the surf and the first one dies last night...the others are all going strong.

I am 100% convinced there is not a better Ego style battery out there when these have lasted so long. My wife even stuck here Spinner 2 with KPT 2 on top into a ceiling fan last weekend sending it hurling about 50 feet to the back of the boat and it never missed a beat.

It all depends on what you want and it boils down to one thing. I have figured out there are two distinct approaches and they break down to this imo:

1. Simplicity: Plug and play, inexpensive coils, buy enough stuff to last a while and all you have to buy are coils and liquid for a VERY long time. This is for the vaper that has a primary motivation to quit smoking and save money (Me in a nutshell). It costs me about $80 a month for my wife and I combined to vape.

2. Complex: Rebuildables, APVs, Mods, and the latest greatest BDVC or BDC or BVC whatever is hot at the time. This is the hobbyist with an extensive collection that enjoys building their own coils and usually have a collection. The complex vaper is not concerned about the money saving aspect and treats it like a hobby more than simply a way to quit smoking and save money.

Everyone just has to decide what they want for themselves, there is plenty of room in the Vape Lounge for all of us lol.

I'm in the 1.5 catagory. I vape to stay off analogs. I'm budget minded, and started useing an itaste vv v3 and std evod tanks. I bought a knock off evod starter kit as a back up for cheap, and then a vision spinner 2 batt. Most recently I bought an ehpro kayfun lite+ and some wire. I've found that I can blend both vapeing to stay off analogs with saveing money and expand my experience without going into high end mods/devices.

I'm in the 1.5 catagory. I vape to stay off analogs. I'm budget minded, and started useing an itaste vv v3 and std evod tanks. I bought a knock off evod starter kit as a back up for cheap, and then a vision spinner 2 batt. Most recently I bought an ehpro kayfun lite+ and some wire. I've found that I can blend both vapeing to stay off analogs with saveing money and expand my experience without going into high end mods/devices.

I certainly overgeneralized but it seems most are either one or the other. There are many in between. Thats what makes vaping so great.

Think about it, when we smoked did we have a forum to discuss brands, tar levels, and such?

Yeah, my wife is tried of me tasting and smelling like smoke so I figured I'd head to a vape. This evod really turned me off of them due to the fact I always get liquid in mouth with every draw and low levels of vapor. It's not the nicotine I want, it's the taste and action, when I was using it I was using zero nicotine menthol tobacco flavor and was perfectly happy with it for a few days then it started dying very fast and putting the liquid in my mouth.

Yeah, my wife is tried of me tasting and smelling like smoke so I figured I'd head to a vape. This evod really turned me off of them due to the fact I always get liquid in mouth with every draw and low levels of vapor. It's not the nicotine I want, it's the taste and action, when I was using it I was using zero nicotine menthol tobacco flavor and was perfectly happy with it for a few days then it started dying very fast and putting the liquid in my mouth.

That sounds like a lack of maintenance issue. Were you careful to clean the condensation from inside the shaft at each fillup? That is so key to long lasting coils and vapor production. Even the smallest amount of condensation in the coil stem will cut vapor production immensely. An Evod is really an entry level tank but my wife uses the T3S which is essentially the same thing and has for over a year and a half and has had very few issues.

Sorry Sax. That sounds like knock offs. I've used evods for months and my wife still uses them all the time and we never have those problems with them. The only time i hear of those problems they turned out to be knock offs (and I'm including the coils).

I know I go on about it but it absoluely DOES NOT PAY to buy the cheapest you can find. It's more trouble in the long run and could be the deciding factor on whether you quit or not.

It could also be how you draw the vapor, it's not like when we smoke. You should take slow, long, easy pulls.

Also, it could the the coil (not low enough resistance) that's causing some of the problems. If you're using a higher resistance coil like a 2.2 ohm or higher, your fixed voltage battery may not be able to heat the coil fast enough thereby causing the juice to get sucked in and not vaporized.

What's the PG/VG ratio of your juice? The more VG, the more vapor. Too much VG in your set up will gunk up your coils faster, though. I wouldn't go any higher than a 30PG/70VG blend.

Sorry Sax. That sounds like knock offs. I've used evods for months and my wife still uses them all the time and we never have those problems with them. The only time i hear of those problems they turned out to be knock offs (and I'm including the coils).

I know I go on about it but it absoluely DOES NOT PAY to buy the cheapest you can find. It's more trouble in the long run and could be the deciding factor on whether you quit or not.

To add to Bebop's post -- keep in mind that eBay is the easiest place to get knock offs. Not all sellers carry the genuine brands although they may claim to. Best to stick with reputable vendors instead.