Eyeing a couple of Copper mods...

Earthling789

Okay, it's my usual Saturday of running errands and I keep finding myself at the local B&M's, drooling over the MODs in their cases...

I have no desire to mess with a rebuildable (yet), but those beautiful Copper mods (and a couple of the stainless ones too) just keep calling to me :D

So, I've decided to purchase one... I know everyone says the Magneto is a good starter, but I'm just not a fan of the asymmetric telescope. I've really got my eyes on these:

• HCigar Copper Penny
  • HCigar Turtle Ship V2 (yeah, wasn't copper, but still beautiful)
  • HCigar Rose Copper Stingray (but not caring for the broken lines of stacked tubes)
  • Infinite XXIX (smooth copper)

I'm leaning hard towards the Copper Penny or the Turtle Ship V2, but would welcome suggestions and insight...

Oh, and the B&M's don't seem to be marking up their MODs much at all (which is why I would by locally)... All their HCigar MODs are in the $27-35 range... IIRC, the Infinite was the only expensive one @ $50, but their batteries and chargers are insanely priced!

Yeah, that Copper Penny has my eye... and @ $35 it's looking more and more enticing...

The Turtle Ship looks awesome too, and it's the cheaper of their selection @ $27, but is stainless (I think).

Yeah, you're helping a lot... helping me decide to part with some cash :D

Now, I wish I had bought it today... I won't get a chance to get back to that shop until next weekend unless my schedule changes. But if they sell out of them, at least I know VapeRoyalty has the same price!

Good idea... I'll give them a call on Monday and see how many they have, and ask if they'll put one aside for me. If they can't hold one, I'll go ahead and order one from VapeRoyalty (and maybe a WindRose, too).

Just do yourself a favor and get some noalox or anti seize before you get your mods. Clean all the threading well and apply as it is known w copper to copper the threads seize quick. I got.my locking ring and bottom cap done and the rest is seized tight. And I had it only a couple of days.

But you know I'm sure having a stingray.

One other thing, do not tighten them down just tighten it till it stops. Most are used to the SS and other metals that you can crank down tight. Doing this with copper will lock it tight and is nearly impossible to take apart again.

I called the local shop this morning and asked how many they had in stock, and if they would hold one for me...

They sold one on Saturday, and have one left... and won't hold it for me, but they did say they had more ordered and should be the same price.

Soooo, do I wait or order from VapeRoyalty? Actually, I'm thinking I'll order a Windrose from VapeRoyalty, and hold out on the Copper Penny until the weekend (if they still have it by then, or wait for more stock).

Now, I use NiteCore and Panasonic 18650's in my flashlights (protected, button-tops), and obviously will not be using these in my MOD... so what would be the best battery for my upcoming MODs?

I know I'll need flat-tops, and I'll be using these primarily with my KPT2's and AeroTanks (no sub-ohming). I want decent life (mAh), but don't need high-drain/high-Amps... but would the Sony VTC5 or an EFest IMR (in the 2600mAh size range) still be acceptable for that purpose? Also, since these are unprotected, should I add in a "kick-chip" fuse as an added safety measure?

Sony vtc 5 are good and the panasonics are not gonna hurt. Your not subohming I would think.

A lot of people have gone to Panasonic 26650 s

One battery last me on A day on a 1.0 ohm coil, one a..5 ohm my battery lasts a good 6-8 hrs.

I Dont use a kicker told it wasn't necessary didn't work so well.

Congratulations Earthling.