Pro Tank II replacement coils burning out

I've used these type for months and they typically last about a week. 1.8 using an ego battery. Lately, they have only lasted a day. Only one completely burned out the rest are cool and light draw. Hardly any vapor and little taste. Ideas? I'v tried several different batteries and made sure they were fully charged.

The first question I'd ask about these coils are...are you sure they're genuine Kanger coils and not knock offs?

Also, you don't mention what PG/VG ratio your juice is. That might play a part?

I recently opened an entire box of 1.5 coils and not ONE of them was actually even close to 1.5. Do you have a coil meter or digital multi-meter to check them? If they are actually 2.2 or higher... that may explain the cooler vape and less vapor production... they're too high of a resistance to produce acceptable Wattage from your eGO battery @ 3.7V. Higher resistance will also wear down your battery faster!

I don't know what to say about it other than I have experienced similar problems with inconsistent coils. Lately it has been better and more consistent but I definitely have experienced premature failure of coils lasting only a few days.

The single coil Kangers may be a thing of the past for me though. I have dozens and dozens of them and they are easy to rebuild and always outperform the original builds. But I am so impressed with the nautilus dual coils and with the mini nautilus coming as well as the new Joyetec the bar seems to be raised for performance and I see the single coil Kangers slipping in to "back ups" mode.

I had a bunch of bad coils from Kanger I thought i was getting a good deal cuz they were on sale. They sucked and maybe lasted 2 days before the vapor production completely petered out. ( yes they were genuine) I have since switched to the dual coils and am very happy. :)

The last batch I bought lasted 24 hrs before the vapor dropped. Then the metal cracked on the heads.

I bought coils at a local b & m, the kid went to get a box out of case and owner told him no she's a regular, get her the ones out of the back w/o the red writing.

So wonder in the b & m knew they were a bad run?

No more for me

The last batch I bought lasted 24 hrs before the vapor dropped. Then the metal cracked on the heads.

I bought coils at a local b & m, the kid went to get a box out of case and owner told him no she's a regular, get her the ones out of the back w/o the red writing.

So wonder in the b & m knew they were a bad run?

No more for me

Sounds to me like non regulars get knockoffs lol.

I go through a ton but haven't noticed any difference over the last year +.

Sounds to me like non regulars get knockoffs lol.

I go through a ton but haven't noticed any difference over the last year +.

I received a "free" 5-pack (no markings, not genuine) with the purchase of a tank a few months ago, and finally got nerve enough to try a couple... they were supposed to be 2.2 Ohm, but the two I've tried so far, tested at 2.0 Ohm, and both lasted a very long time, without any taste or vapor production issues... so apparently they were well-built knock-offs?

Are there dual coils for the protank II?

No, the dual-coils are taller and won't fit properly (too tall from base to bottom of center-tube of tank). The PT3 is exactly like the PT2, but designed for dual-coils... and then there's the AeroTank... which is a slightly different "industrial" look, but essentially the same as a PT3, with the addition of an Air Flow Control base.