EVOD Glass starter kit

chud

I just purchased an evod glass starter kit. I tried vaping before with the blu ecigs, but didn't really like it. I seem to get much better hits with this ecig than I did with the blu. I am thinking about ordering a couple more for my brother and sister, but can't seem to find the one I have on the Internet. I did find one that looks the same, but has a clear plastic rather than metal tip. I will probably try this one out for a couple weeks to make sure I like it prior to ordering more for them, but was wondering if anyone has any suggestions. Also if anyone knows the difference between the evod with a metal tip vs the plastic tip I'd appreciate any feedback.

Thanks,

Chris

Was just writing the same thing that mvince did. When the first Evod tank came out mine had a plastic tip. Just did a quick search and it seems like all the newer dual coil Evods have the metal tip on them. The first Evods were single coil if I remember correctly...it's been so long since I've used them though so I can't be sure.

Yes, the EVOD2 and EVOD2 Glass have stainless tips, and are removable. The plastic tips on the EVOD are not removable.

EVODs are single-coil, EVOD2s are dual-coil.

Either are great tanks, but I like the Glass versions better because you don't have to worry about what juice you put in them :)

I can't provide links for any because I've not looked for any lately, but I know I've seen both the original Kanger EVOD and EVOD2 kits in many different places... just be careful of the ones from eBay... unless the shop is very reputable (read the reviews), you may end up with clones / knock-offs. I've seen authentic kits range from $25 all the way to $45, depending on the site. Be cautious of the ones that have EVOD and MT3 in the description... chances are good at that point they are clones.

Edited by Earthling789

EVOD is plastic tank, plastic tip, and single-coil (cheaper)

EVOD2 is plastic tank, removable metal tip and dual-coil

EVOD2 Glass is glass tank, removable metal tip and dual-coil

Dual-coils burn a tiny bit more juice per "hit", and produce a tiny bit more vapor... they're also a bit more expensive (50% to 100% more cost).

The EVOD2 Glass are basically the same as a ProTank3 mini, with the difference of a metal shield around the tank on the EVOD version, and the PT3 mini is capable of full disassembly

Edited by Earthling789

The Evod 2 Glass are glass tanks, which means, like mvince said, you don't have to worry about what kind of juice you're using with it. All of them will be fine. With plastic tanks like those on an Evod 1 or just plain Evod, you want to be sure not to use juices heavy on cinnamon, citrus or some mints because these are known to be tank crackers and you could wind up with a mess should that happen.

Evod 2 are dual coil meaning they have two heating elements in them. The regular Evod is a single coil. This is where your preference comes into play. With a dual coil you might get a warmer vape, especially if you're chain vaping, and you're also going to go through more juice faster. Some people claim that they get a better flavor with dual coil vs single coil. While I've not found that to be the case for me, it will depend on what you like and how it tastes to you. :)

Edited by Tameiki
Edited to add more specific info and to correct the first tank's name.

The EVOD2 Glass are basically the same as a ProTank3 mini, with the difference of a metal shield around the tank on the EVOD version, and the PT3 mini is capable of full disassembly

Question. The KPT3 mini is dual coil, yes? If so, can you also use a single coil in it like you can with a full sized KPT3?

Question. The KPT3 mini is dual coil, yes? If so, can you also use a single coil in it like you can with a full sized KPT3?

Yes, dual-coil... I've not tried a single-coil like the full-size, but I don't think they'll work because the center-tube barely sticks below the bracket... and the full-size has a longer bit of tube below the bracket, which allows you to flip another silicone gasket upside-down to seal over the tube.

Yes, dual-coil... I've not tried a single-coil like the full-size, but I don't think they'll work because the center-tube barely sticks below the bracket... and the full-size has a longer bit of tube below the bracket, which allows you to flip another silicone gasket upside-down to seal over the tube.

I use the single coil on my KPT3 all the time with no problems. Don't have to do anything other than to screw it in and make sure it's seated well. :)

I tried that in an AT before, but they leaked. Taking one of the silicone caps from another coil, and flipping it upside-down sealed the gap caused by the shorter coil, and let me use a single in it just fine. Yeah, the dual-coils cost a bit more and burn a tiny bit more juice... but it's not bad since I mostly use my KPT2's as my daily tanks.

...but it's not bad since I mostly use my KPT2's as my daily tanks.

I love my KPT2s but an Anyvape Davide blows it out of the water for performance for me. It's essentially the same as a KPT2 and uses KPT single coils. Somehow it seems to give me better flavor. :)

I'd love to get my hands on a couple of the older Davide's, before they changed over to using Aspire coils... I've got enough single-coils to hold me over to NEXT summer, and really don't want to invest any more money for another tank/coil type :D

Gee, I think we just hijacked this thread :)

Edited by Earthling789

I'd love to get my hands on a couple of the older Davide's, before they changed over to using Aspire coils... I've got enough single-coils to hold me over to NEXT summer, and really don't want to invest any more money for another tank/coil type :D

Gee, I think we just hijacked this thread :)

Hijacking threads happens around here. We may be giving the OP some interesting information, however. ;)

The newer Davides can be made to accept KPT coils. You just have to take off the top part of the bottom thingy where the coils go. Versatile. :D

Thread hijack is cool, I'm a noob trying to learn this stuff, much of which has been over my head. It seems like a lot of y'all prefer the single coil? I may need to try one of those out. I did notice my tongue feeling burn after using the dual coil after the first day.

Sorry about the hijack, Chud. If you want more of an explanation about some of the things we've discussed, feel free to ask. We'll probably give you more of an answer than you wanted, though. :)

Everyone is different and likes different things. That's rule #1 in vaping. What works for one person or 30 people may not work for you. You'll just have to try it for yourself to see if it's what makes you happy.

That said, I prefer single coils. They're much cheaper to buy and vapes cooler with only one coil. Personally, I've never found the dual coils to be worth the added cost but that's just me.

Oh, and your tongue feeling burned? Or just kinda dry or fuzzy? That could be from vaping in general and not so much the dual coil. Since you started vaping, have you increased your water intake? Vaping will dehydrate you so you want to make sure to drink more water. Not soda, not coffee, not tea...just plain H20. :)

Interesting... the bottom-thingy... sad, but I know what you're talking about :D

I use both dual and single-coils, but my daily-use tanks are single-coil tanks... and they vape a bit cooler, yes, which is good since I tend to chain-vape while working :)

I've been buying my dual-coils in bulk, so they are only a tiny bit more expensive, and although they burn a tiny bit more juice, the added flavor/vapor production (to me) seems worth the extra expense. I just don't use them with my all-day juices, to cut down on expense... if that makes sense?

Sorry about the bottom-thingy. It's been a rough day and the brain doesn't want to cough up the right name for the thing and I can't be bothered to google it. lol.

Yes, that makes a lot of sense to cut expenses where you can. I also like the single coil because I've been playing around and rebuilding some of mine. Can't do that so easily on the dual coil if you can at all. Haven't heard of anyone rebuilding the duals but many, many people rebuilding the single coils. :)

I guess it could just be my tongue feeling dry. Didn't know about the hydrating thing, should be easy to remedy.

Can I use the same evod battery for the different heating elements?

All of the tanks we've been talking about on your hijacked thread can be used on your Evod batteries. The full sized Kanger Pro Tanks (1,2 and 3) as well as the full sized Davide and Aerotanks will look a bit odd (top heavy) on your battery but will work on it. On batteries like the Evod, most people prefer to use the minis of the Kanger Pro Tanks and Anyvape Davides so it doesn't stick out the sides so much.

I guess it could just be my tongue feeling dry. Didn't know about the hydrating thing, should be easy to remedy.

Can I use the same evod battery for the different heating elements?

Water, water, water... and then more water... you'll feel MUCH better :D

Yes, the battery will not matter for the coil, single or dual... what matters is Ohm's Law... The higher the resistance of the coil, the lower the wattage (power), considering the Voltage of the battery to be constant @ 3.7V (standard battery). For a eGo-style battery, the sweet-spot will be 1.5 or 1.8 Ohm coils. 2.0 work well too, but anything higher gives weak vapor/flavor, IMO, due to lower power

Yeah, Tam's right... smaller batteries look more "normal" with a smaller tank... ProTank2 mini, ProTank3 mini, EVOD, EVOD2, Davide mini, etc. Basically 1.5-2.0 ml size tanks fit best, so they're not top-heavy.

I got the evod one because I liked the size. I've seen some people with really big ecigs (if thats what they are called) which didn't seem very practical for daily use.