Hello from another new member!

jasonculp

Hello all!

I have been lurking around for a few weeks and this is a really great forum. I have really learned a lot.

I am still an analog smoker but I have gone from 2 - 2+ packs a day to 2 - 3 a day in 3+ weeks.

I have learned so much reading everything I can find on here and other places. One of the main things is that this is going to turn into a great hobby. I tend to go overboard. I already have 3 variable voltage batteries, 4 different glass tanks, a bunch of iclear16's, and many empty 5ml bottles of juice. So many choices in both equipment and flavors!

Keep up all of the good work!

Thanks for the welcome!

I plan on being free of the analogs in the next few days. The hardest ones to stop is the first one of the day and the last. I have to stay on the edge of nicotine buzz to keep from smoking. I hope that subsides soon!

The first few days are going to suck royally. Hang in there, it will get better. You will still have cravings for a while, just keep vaping and thinking about how much better you smell. Welcome, the folks here are good people.

Thanks!

It has been tough, but not as tough as I thought. My last analog was at 10:30 Tuesday (6/17/14) night. If i could keep my equipment working. Everything tank I have like - Nautilus, Aspire BDC, and Kanger Protank 3 mini - are prone to flooding and I have to stop fix them mutiple times a day. I must be vaping wrong....lol

But despite the little problems, I am loving it!

when you get those cravings, just vape your tush off. and having some higher than normal nic juice for those occasions is usually effective too. :)

I am also new to this. Have been off analogs for almost 4 days. I was a pretty heavy smoker. I think it's so huge that I've haven't touched one since I started vaping. I gotta say I'm loving it! Wish I would have done it sooner. I've only had one really bad craving so far. That's was when I was around cigarette smoke. But I just vaped my little heart away and I was good again. Good luck to you!

Ash,

I was a 1.5 - 3 packs a day depending on stress. I have had to quit all of my database duties because it is too much of a trigger. I have overcome most of the day to day ones. I am still trying to figure out how to keep a proper level of nicotine in my system. It is fun and I am really enjoying it. I also feel much better!

Good luck! and keep up the good work!

Ash,

I was a 1.5 - 3 packs a day depending on stress. I have had to quit all of my database duties because it is too much of a trigger. I have overcome most of the day to day ones. I am still trying to figure out how to keep a proper level of nicotine in my system. It is fun and I am really enjoying it. I also feel much better!

Good luck! and keep up the good work!

Thanks! I could easily do a pack a day if I didn't have my bf looking at me shamefully lol. Yeah my job is rather stressful also. Retail :/

But I've managed to fight the urge to smoke. The first day was the hardest. Those routine smokes. When I get out of work. On the car ride home. When I get out of bed. When I drink. There are so many times I'm used to smoking. That it's so routine like I don't even think about it. I just robotically grab a cig. Now I find my vap pen always in my hand. Lol. I guess for comfort more then anything. I know it's there and if I need to a vape. I've been vaping alot! Well it seems like a lot to me. From the other few people I know it seems like the norm I suppose. But I enjoy it. I don't feel bad about it like I did with cigs.

The "routine smokes" have been the hardest. I got down to 2 - 3 a day until I ran out. I just don't buy any more. I would have quit a day earlier. I had made it until 10:30 and was about to go to bed. I had one left. I smoked it wrote the date/time on the pack and put it in my wife's birthday present I got her the next day. I figured that between having to buy more and the promise I made to her, it would make it that much harder.

I did the same thing! I made a promise. I hate breaking promises. It makes me so much more accountable for my actions this way. I don't want to let myself or the person I love down. I also installed this app with the time I stopped smoking. It tells me the days that's passed, the amount of money I've saved since I quit, and how many smokes I would have had if I didn't quit. That helps a lot also. To actually see it. Makes me proud of myself and want to keep going.