How long should Vision Spinners last?

I bought 8 1300 Vision Spinners about 6 months ago and have used them in rotation since the day I bought them. Well all but 3 have died on me and I thought they lasted a lot longer then that. I could see if I was using just one or 2 for six months ,but 8? When I was using the eGos they were lasting a lot longer. The only difference in the way I used the 2 types was with the eGos I used them until they were completely dead, then I charged them and let them stay in my case for a while before I used them again. Someone had told me that was the way the batteries were suppose to be taken care of. Then we had a discussion in the forum about the need to use the battery until it was completely dead and the popular response was that these type of batteries do not have a memory like a laptop or cell phone so there is no need to use them until they were dead. How long do your batteries last? Is there anything you think can be done to extend their life?

Something is wrong threre Patricia. To have 5 fail in 6 months is extreme. In regular rotation thats only a month per battery.

Shouldnt have anything to do with the way your charging

Unless your charger is mismatched or faulty. If you are not cleaning the contacts on your battery and chargers this could lead to improper chaarging.

If your batteries were subjected to heat, left in sun, etc that could effect their life. Or moisture.....

Otherwise, I'd say they were knockoffs....

My Spinners that died were all over a year old. I used them in daily rotation and let them go completely until the light flashed 15 times and then charged. They would go to the back of the line so they could rest a minimum of a couple of hours before going back into use.

Don't know why your batteries aren't lasting as long unless, like Bebop suggested, they're knock offs?

I knew I was right. You are right Bebop, with 8 in the rotation I was using them very little. I always keep my batteries and chargers cleaned good. I store them in a cool dry place. Is there a possibility that because, like Tam is doing, I am NOT using them until they blink 15 times before I recharge them that it could have caused them to die early? If they are knock offs I am very surprised because I bought all of them from Sweet Vapes and everything I have ever gotten from them was genuine (as far as I know). I did email Sweet Vapes about it and Dayna emailed me back that I was lucky that they lasted THAT long, that hers only last a couple of months. These are the ones I bought:

http://www.sweet-vapes.com/shop?page=shop.product_details&flypage=vmj_color_plus.tpl&product_id=1590&category_id=47

If you guys think they are knock offs please let me know because as I have lost all of my backups I am fixing to have to invest in some more. Thinking about getting the 2s this time. Thanks for your help. I was beginning to think it was me but you guys think they should have lasted a year also so I am not crazy. :wallbash:

You know. I bought all of mine from SweetVapes. They are definitely not knockoffs.

But I just remembered, one of the spinners I bought from sweet Vapes did fail early. As a matter of fact it was probably about 6 months ago I bought it. I had forgotten about that. Funny thing is, the 1st spinner I ever bought (from SweetVapes ) is still going strong.

Now I'm suspecting bad batch as Jeff has said. All of my other spinners are doing fine.

I finally have a couple of the original 1300mah that are 13-14 months old that are starting to drop in how long they last. They are almost all I use and the V2 is awesome. Just ordered two more last night.

I think it depends on how often you use them. There are so many variables as to how long in chronological time a battery should last. If you have two batteries and that's all you use they will last a shorter time than if you have a dozen in the rotation. There also seems to be some inconsistency with about any battery but I find spinners to be better than most. I got a bad 650mah that got hot as hell when I fired it but they gladly exchanged it.