Delta Airlines and my precious Provari :(

Hi everyone! A quick update: I started vaping December 13, 2011. I haven't stopped!!! Yay!!! And I haven't had an analog since.... Thanks to this forum. Double Yay!!!

But, I'm going on a flight via Delta from Virginia to California with 3 stops in between and the only e-cigarettes I have is a provari and an old V2. I would hate to lose my wonderful pink mini provari. I looked at the Delta site and couldn't find anything on a pvc or the batteries they come with. Help?! Does anyone know the policies?? I know I am not allowed to vape on the planes. That's ok.

I have flown with e-cigarettes before without an issue, but that was a couple of years ago. I'm thinking of just getting some nicorete gum or something as I vape 24 mg nicotine e-liquid. I'm headed to a funeral, sadly, and I just don't think it's a good time to quit cold turkey. I wouldn't make it. (Nor do I ever want to quit).

I appreciate all your help and experiences. Thanks in advance!

I wouldn't worry about it personally. I have never been hassled and would not figure you would unless you try to bring a lot of liquid. I have gone thru security numerous times in the last year with an Ego in my pocket and a lot of gear in my carry on. I have yet to not vape on a flight but usually do it in the bathroom.

I try to stealth vape from the flight attendants whenever I travel by air. I had one experience when we were in flight (Southwest Airlines) and I had my headphones on. I was looking out the window and took a pull off my mod when the stewardess caught the corner of my eye in the isle. She was motioning me to please not do that. I nodded to her in an understanding manner... Bummed me out though!!!

I try to stealth vape from the flight attendants whenever I travel by air. I had one experience when we were in flight (Southwest Airlines) and I had my headphones on. I was looking out the window and took a pull off my mod when the stewardess caught the corner of my eye in the isle. She was motioning me to please not do that. I nodded to her in an understanding manner... Bummed me out though!!!

I'm scared of my provari getting confiscated. How do I get it through?

You take it. Its not illegal. Its not contraband. I have thrown mine in the plastic tub ran it through the xray machine then put it back in my pocket. I have never heard of a story where anyone has had a PV confiscated.

Think about it, when you smoked and flew did your cigarettes get confiscated?

Think about it, when you smoked and flew did your cigarettes get confiscated?

Smokes, nope, never... not even when carrying a couple of cartons out of the country... but a lighter I forgot about in my backpack once was confiscated... and my reward for trying to "sneak one by" was a good grope from TSA :D

Smokes, nope, never... not even when carrying a couple of cartons out of the country... but a lighter I forgot about in my backpack once was confiscated... and my reward for trying to "sneak one by" was a good grope from TSA :D

When I smoked I 100% of the time threw a lighter in the xray container along with an open pack of cigarettes and never had an issue either but I only fly 8-10 times a year.

This is good too know. I created a account here too seek out this exact information. Its been a while since i have traveled by plane and was really curious as too how TSA would deal with me bringing my lavatube 2 with me. I dont wanna have them freaking like its a bomb or something. Lol Thanks all for an informative read!

Well, I will be flying on three airplanes on Saturday--Delta. So, I will let you all know how it went! :)

Thank you for all the valuable input. Will I vape on the plane??? Uhhh... It will be tough to not do so for 12 hours, to include lots of layover. Yikes!!! I was thinking of a nicotine patch or, in retrospect, I probably should have ordered a 36 mg nicotine e-liquid just so I wouldn't have to vape so much. Ugh. :(

Edited by Breal

Yea, They wont confiscate you mod at the TSA Checkpoint but vaping in on the plane, I say, would be controversial.

• 3 weeks later...

I did it!!! Six planes later and my provari was absolutely safe. They did say, before each flight, that they wanted to check all lithium batteries before the flight but that they would be returned directly after. I didn't do this *BLUSH! Some of my flights did not have a long layover and I was concerned that I would either A) Have a nicotine fit, or B) Would not be able to collect it and get to my next flight on time.

On one of the flights, I wound up sitting next to someone with a mod who tried to vape secretly. Small world!! He flies a great deal and said that his mod had trouble working on airplanes, so as much as he tried, he could not get his to work. I was a bit nervous vaping on the plane, but on a few occasions I did have desperate moments where I did very discreetly. One thing that was recommended was that lithium batteries be taped on either end, so I made sure to do that with the two stored ones I brought with me. I carried them in my purse (not loosely).

So, no troubles. Of course, these were all domestic flights. International may be more discriminating. Thanks everyone!! :)

I got back last week from visiting a friend in Wisconsin. I just took my evod twist and evod glass with me. Did a little sneak vape on the plane going there. Bought a few bottles of juice while there and a few evod tanks, they didn't bat an eye when I put all that stuff in the bin going through TSA. Guys/gals knew what it was so I didn't have any issues whatsoever.