Am I doing this wrong?

Bought a joyetech 510 bridged atty and saw the videos regarding its use...I got a couple really good vapes out of it then all burnt tasting. Removed the wick and bridge and got a couple more good vapes from it. Note: I can only drip one drop of juice in there otherwise it leaks out, and also its not really vaping good anymore...

How should I be direct dripping? I got this atty to test new flavors before filing my kanger mini pt3's. Is direct dripping worth it? Can I just fill a tank with one juice (not like it) dump it, clean the coil, refill with new juice. Help! I really loved those good two vapes it produced, I want them back. I hate burnt tasting stuff. Every vape I get tastes burnt....thanks guys!

I prefer bridgeless

If your juice is 70%pg or higher you will probably need a drip shield to help with the leaking.. it slips over the cartomizer and blocks the juice from exiting the air holes.

Can you link to the carto you are using? Some are better thsn others for dripping

First, what ohm atty are you using? What kind of battery is it on? If it's a variable voltage (and/or variable wattage), what voltage/wattage is it set on?

For anyone new to direct dripping I always recommend getting a drip shield. It keeps the juice that leaks out of the atomizer inside the shield and not running all over your battery and fingers. Every once in a while I will do a quick suck without power to draw the juice back into the atty and vape for a few more draws on that.

When I'm not on the go all I do is direct dripping. Love it!

I prefer bridgeless

If your juice is 70%pg or higher you will probably need a drip shield to help with the leaking.. it slips over the cartomizer and blocks the juice from exiting the air holes.

Can you link to the carto you are using? Some are better thsn others for dripping

First, what ohm atty are you using? What kind of battery is it on? If it's a variable voltage (and/or variable wattage), what voltage/wattage is it set on?

For anyone new to direct dripping I always recommend getting a drip shield. It keeps the juice that leaks out of the atomizer inside the shield and not running all over your battery and fingers. Every once in a while I will do a quick suck without power to draw the juice back into the atty and vape for a few more draws on that.

When I'm not on the go all I do is direct dripping. Love it!

joyetech lr atty (1.5 ohm) no bridge or wick

Vv v3 but using 3.7 v

50pg/50vg

I get great flavor from my mini kpt3. What's a good atty to direct drip? I seen the octopus atty but so much wick I feel isn't really direct dripping...what do you guys think?

There isn't enough wick left, which is why you're getting a burnt taste. The atty you have is perfectly fine...with the correct amount of wick.

Wicking material is a big part of direct dripping.

Just curious, why did you remove the bridge in the first place? There's nothing wrong with one being in there.

I use an octopus. It's pretty good. Holds a lot of juice but it certainly isn't quick change for different flavors. It's definitely dripping though and the flavor is great

"I can only drip one drop of juice in there otherwise it leaks out, and also its not really vaping good anymore..."

The reason why it all leaks out is because you removed part of the wick. You need it in there to absorb and hold the juice. Without enough wick to hold enough liquid you're going to get a burnt taste.

Thanks! That all makes sense!

What is a good atty for dd that I can change flavors with ease?

I took it out bc it was tasting burnt and Google and YouTube reviews said it would vape/taste better

No. This one is pretty much toast so toss it and start with a new one.

This time, don't take the bridge out until you're no longer getting good vapor production. This will probably happen within a week or more.

With the new atomizer, take a piece of tissue, hold it very loosely over the top of the atomizer while you blow gently into the battery connection side. There is almost always some PG or VG or a combination of both put inside to keep the wick wet. Once you've blown most of the liquid inside the atty out, take a dry piece of tissue and GENTLY push it into the atty. Let sit for a few minutes to absorb the rest of the liquid.

Place atty onto your battery. Drip 4 - 6 drops in, put drip tip on and suck gently without using any power. Do you hear a slight gurgle? If not, add one or two more drops. Let sit for a minute to allow wick to absorb the juice.

Vape.

At first you might not get much vapor or flavor out of it because it needs to break in and also you need to vape the remaining liquid that was in there as a primer out.

Keep wiping the end of the atomizer with tissue to prevent juice from getting everywhere until you can get a drip shield. I would suggest getting one from Empire Mods. Keith, the owner is the one who invented the drip shield. There are a lot of different kinds of drip shields so contact him for the one that will work best with your battery.

Do not vape with the tissue on the atomizer, though. Just keep wiping...

No. This one is pretty much toast so toss it and start with a new one.

This time, don't take the bridge out until you're no longer getting good vapor production. This will probably happen within a week or more.

With the new atomizer, take a piece of tissue, hold it very loosely over the top of the atomizer while you blow gently into the battery connection side. There is almost always some PG or VG or a combination of both put inside to keep the wick wet. Once you've blown most of the liquid inside the atty out, take a dry piece of tissue and GENTLY push it into the atty. Let sit for a few minutes to absorb the rest of the liquid.

Place atty onto your battery. Drip 4 - 6 drops in, put drip tip on and suck gently without using any power. Do you hear a slight gurgle? If not, add one or two more drops. Let sit for a minute to allow wick to absorb the juice.

Vape.

At first you might not get much vapor or flavor out of it because it needs to break in and also you need to vape the remaining liquid that was in there as a primer out.

Keep wiping the end of the atomizer with tissue to prevent juice from getting everywhere until you can get a drip shield. I would suggest getting one from Empire Mods. Keith, the owner is the one who invented the drip shield. There are a lot of different kinds of drip shields so contact him for the one that will work best with your battery.

Do not vape with the tissue on the atomizer, though. Just keep wiping...

Thanks for your help and advice I will do this (:

You'll know when to add more juice when you start getting a slight burnt taste. After you get more experience with direct dripping you'll get to know when to add more before you taste something not pleasant.

With the atty you're using I'd only do one to two drops at a time after the first time. Keep similar flavors in the same atty because, when you change flavors, you're going to get the old flavor's taste for a few draws or more before it burns out and the new flavor comes in. I keep all fruit flavors in one, coffee (very strong flavor) in another, bakery flavors in still another one.

Good luck!

I get great flavor from my mini kpt3. What's a good atty to direct drip? I seen the octopus atty but so much wick I feel isn't really direct dripping...what do you guys think?

I would have to suggest the HH .357 cart. It's a little more expensive, but well worth it. If u clean it like ur supposed to it will last a long time. Also it would be great for trying flavors, as long as u hit it till it starts to get a little rough, then put some dif juice in, there is almost no flavor transfer.

To anyone who is new to direct dripping I would suggest getting the basics down first with a less expensive atomizer (these are not carts/cartomizers -- those have filler material inside), before getting into the more expensive HH.357s. The 357s have a learning curve all their own, even for experienced drippers. At $22 - $25 a piece, that's a little expensive to learn on while making mistakes.

I was going to get it down in my 510 joye first but am thinking of giving up! It just isn't as good of flavor or vapor production as it is in my mini kpt3 (using same juice to test production) Whenever I want to change flavors I've adapted to washing my clearo and just switch coils

Edited by VaporTron