Menthol Liquid BEWARE!

I just wanted to share my experience with using Menthol Liquid. I am not sure if I just had a bad batch, or maybe too much but it was CRAZY what that liquid did to my tank.

First I did just get Menthol for my entire liquid. I didn't add a little to another flavor. It was ALL Menthol.

After a day of Vaping the inside of my tank turned into what looked like a white cloudy color. I opened up the tank and saw that the inside walls of the tank had this crusted white substance. It was so crusted in there that I couldn't even scrap it off. That freaked me out. I was putting that in my lungs OMG!

Did I over do it? or was it just a bad batch?

I don't trust any menthol it is well known to cause issues like recrystallizing in lungs and making your lungs bleed. My guess is that it crystallized on the side of your tank. If your tank was plastic it may have had a reaction to the plastic and I would not use that tank and find a glass replacement.

Scary stuff. I never smoked menthols or vaped menthol flavors. Never liked the feeling of having my lungs freeze..
I may have to give that spearmint a try. I LOVE spearmint. The only hot tea I will drink.

I hope you find a flavor you like to use in place of the menthol!

Juices strong in citric acid, cinnamon and/or menthol have been known to crack plastic tanks. Mojito, a flavor I love, cracked plastic tanks after it turned the tank a milky color due to high citric content. Wonder if that's what happened with your tank? In any case I vote for blueberry with a good bit of peppermint. Mmmmm :)

Mojito is out of this world! Its worth every cracked tank it could produce.

So how much mint to blueberry? Or are you not going to tell :evil:

Since peppermint is a pretty strong flavor I go with 90% blueberry and 10% peppermint, or even less peppermint to start.

Dang! I'm so sorry, Ma! Forgot to get the mojito out to you! Either today or tomorrow latest. Got busy with stuff and...I forgot. *hangs head*

I use a Straight Menthol I get from my local b&m that I love. They say its as menthol as they can get it without adding menthol crystals. From my research its the crystals the will re-crystalize the lungs and cracks plastic tanks. I use a plastic window in my kfl+ and havent had a problem. If you like menthol try and find one that doesnt have the crystals added.

• 3 weeks later...