What do you think about using cartoons and cereal characters on packaging?

So I was looking through instagram and noticed companies are using a lot of packaging that seems to attract attention of our youth.

I don't really have any problems with pastry flavors, and fruity flavors but when you slap "Capt'n Crunch" on a bottle, or use Characters that are originally targeted towards children on your packaging it seems really wrong. I mean isn't that one of the reasons the fda wants to regulate.

In my eyes this is fueling the fire and only is it infringing on copy right laws but we are giving Amo to those trying to bring down the vape community.

Regardless how delicious these juices may be I for one will not support them, they are hurting the community while trying to stuff their pockets.

Tell me is a child finds a bottle like that lying around that they won't open and drink it cause they think it's okay cause there favorite cereal characters are on the packaging.Posted Image

Although it looks nice and colorful I think this would attract a child into picking it up. This why the FDA is having issues and saying that it is being targeted to kids. Not to mention the copyright and TM infringement that this would bring down on the manufacturer of these E-Liquids. I think it is very irresponsible and a lawsuit waiting to happen.

Heh Just noticed the KC is not even in a child proof bottle.

I would also go ahead and consult a copyright attorney and check. I have a feeling it would be infringement as well.

Just say what it is, make it good, get people to try it and word of mouth is your best advertising not gimmicks like that (and this is coming from a car dealer lol)

Directed at the companies that use these gimmicks, not OP obv.

Edited by bcartervol98

They should put a grape-nuts label on there. No one under 70 would touch it.

Funny!

In all seriousness, I've always had issues with cartoonish or childish advertising on adult-specific or "deadly" products... As for the OP's post... I agree there's a lawsuit waiting to happen because I'm sure Quaker Oats (Pepsi is their parent co) is not manufacturing e-liquids (at least not yet)!

Funny!

In all seriousness, I've always had issues with cartoonish or childish advertising on adult-specific or "deadly" products... As for the OP's post... I agree there's a lawsuit waiting to happen because I'm sure Quaker Oats (Pepsi is their parent co) is not manufacturing e-liquids (at least not yet)!

And that's just another thing they can hold against us. When it comes to federal regulation of personal vaporizers.

My stepdaughter told me there was 0 Nic e-liquid available and she's been watching kids on Facebook and some viney thing blow smoke rings and do smoke tricks. She's 14, I told her it was still bad, and about VG and PG causing hair to grow on nipples and female chests, thick wiry hair like chimpanzees. Hey I had to come up with something!

I also reminded her that a teenage *** was still very capable of having my steel toe boot in it.

• 3 weeks later...

Don't use cartoon images or any "kid attractive" labels. It will just fuel the nanny state thought police into justifying the destruction of vaping for responsible adults.

E juice is an adult product and should be marketed as such. If I need to be treated like a child I have both a wife and employer to rely on. :)

This is a fast way to get these juice's taken off the shelves, I can't seem to think that whoever owns the copyright of these characters is going to sit by and watch their product image be associated with something that could potentially damage their bottom line.