How I overdosed and what happened.

I am posting this so people will know what I went through because of my foolishness and what to watch out for. So I was working at my desk pretty intensivly and my e cig started to taste funny but I had to get this paper done before work. I dumped pretty much a full clearomizer out into a red solo cup I had by my desk and refilled then finished my paper. The issue was is that by the time I had finished my paper I had chugged my drink in the cup without noticing the liquid was in there and boy did I pay for that. Within about 20 minutes I got nauseous and my heart rate rose. The heart rate went down relatively quickly but the nausea stayed for about 4 hours, but once I got sick I felt much better and in retrospect I should have went to the hospital after I realized it but still. I did not really have any other symptoms from it and it was a horrible experience none the less. I am a hefty guy about 220lbs and ingested about 3ml of 36mg e-juice. So about 108mg of nicotine assuming I absorbed all of it before I threw up about 4-5 hours after ingestion.

tl:dr

dont drink the liquid and PAY ATTENTION when handling it. Although it did not do any permanent damage (as far as I know) I got horrible sleep, burst a lot of blood vessels in my face and eyes from throwing up, and chest discomfort all because I was not paying attention. I also am hefty and that played a big part in this, if this had been a smaller guy, child, or woman it could have easily landed them in the hospital or much much worse.

Red solo cup, I fill you up

Let's have a party, let's have a party

I love you red solo cup, I lift you up,

Proceed to party, proceed to party

Edited by Rixter

Red solo cup, I fill you up

Let's have a party, let's have a party

I love you red solo cup, I lift you up,

Proceed to party, proceed to party

That is hilarious.

However, doing stupid **** when you're tired and stressed, well, you lucked out this time...

Thanks, I think... for the post about your situation. I'm glad to hear you're ok! Could you take the time to give us more info on your vapeing background? Ppl make mistakes, that's just our nature, but what practices do you normaly use to avoid this type of thing?

I am posting this so people will know what I went through because of my foolishness and what to watch out for. So I was working at my desk pretty intensivly and my e cig started to taste funny but I had to get this paper done before work. I dumped pretty much a full clearomizer out into a red solo cup I had by my desk and refilled then finished my paper. The issue was is that by the time I had finished my paper I had chugged my drink in the cup without noticing the liquid was in there and boy did I pay for that. Within about 20 minutes I got nauseous and my heart rate rose. The heart rate went down relatively quickly but the nausea stayed for about 4 hours, but once I got sick I felt much better and in retrospect I should have went to the hospital after I realized it but still. I did not really have any other symptoms from it and it was a horrible experience none the less. I am a hefty guy about 220lbs and ingested about 3ml of 36mg e-juice. So about 108mg of nicotine assuming I absorbed all of it before I threw up about 4-5 hours after ingestion.

tl:dr

dont drink the liquid and PAY ATTENTION when handling it. Although it did not do any permanent damage (as far as I know) I got horrible sleep, burst a lot of blood vessels in my face and eyes from throwing up, and chest discomfort all because I was not paying attention. I also am hefty and that played a big part in this, if this had been a smaller guy, child, or woman it could have easily landed them in the hospital or much much worse.

Another contender for the 2014 Darwin Awards.

I use 36 mg because I came from dipping and 24 was not enough for me. I was a 2 can a day dipper so i pretty much have to chain vape 36mg e juice to keep me up for the most part. I also normally do this at a sink with gloves on to avoid any getting on my skin but like I said i was very busy and tired.

Another contender for the 2014 Darwin Awards.

Cool i mean I am glad I got on this forum to actually try to help someone but I guess everyone here never had an accident in their life. You never stay up for 48 hours straight to finish school work but hey maybe I'm in the wrong one.

Edited by DrDsolders

I always have a backup for my backup. So if I start to burn juice, which rarely happens anymore, I switch to a different device. I handle all my liquid and gear at my vape station which is off limits to everyone. There is no room for error. I compare this story to drinking your spit cup. Same results. Same mistake. Glad you're OK and happy vaping.

At 220lbs, I highly doubt 3mls of 36mg juice would OD a person.

Yeah, roughly 5X that or about 15 ml of 36 would be enough to do serious damage. Less of course for children. Nasty stuff..