Fruity juices, lower settings?

Hi, I have a newb question. Should I be setting wattage on my MVP 2 lower for fruity juices? I usually vape non fruity but have decided to try some. I have a Nautilus on my MVP and usually have the wattage around 8-9. The dual coils are 1.8 ohm (reads out at 1.9) and normally does well. Today with a Bloody Orange flavored juice, i was getting burnt flavor so I backed off down to 7.5 but would rather have it at 8-9 ;) well the burnt flavor is back and I suspect that I have burnt the coil. It has been in for a week and was possibly ready to go. Before I put another in and risk frying it, I just wanted to get some input.

Sorry for the length and Thanks!

I generally vape my ADV that is a fruity flavor at 1.8 ohms and 6.5w. If it tastes burned dial it down to find your sweet spot.

Edited by bcartervol98

My protank 2 will sometimes taste burnt at 8 or 8.5 but then with my Aspire clearomizers I can vape at 9 or 9.5 often without problems. Liquid can be sort of inconsistent too regardless of the tank.

BTW after taking a picture of my DNA 30 I forgot to adjust the voltage and took a big ole drag at 30 watts, I mean a biiiig lung hit one hitter quitter, whew big mistake lol.

Also with the protank, I can't chain vape quite as quick without burning the wick as some of my other tanks

Edited by charliestheman

sounds like I need to dial it down for the fruity stuff-dang ;) I took the tank apart and ran a q tip down into the coil part and it came back dark and gunky so it must be burnt. Live and learn....LOL

Why the obsession with vaping at higher voltage? If it keeps you off analogs and gives good vapor it's doing what it is supposed to.

I guess I just don't get why anyone would need anything more than a single coil unit on a std VV battery. To each their own but see a lot of these threads lately and as a Vaper that has been off analogs over a year I just don't get it. I guess I backwards lol, my Vamo collects dust while I opt for Vision Spinners, EVOD VV, and most times a standard non VV Ego. Also no dual coils for me haha.

I think you have to get to know a new juice. Start low and work up to see if it improves the flavor or vapor to your likeing. Same thing with a new tank. I personally like some adjustment, but so far only in the spinner/twist/vvv3 range. But I do like some play when it comes down to it.

Well...I have seen bacon flavored so you could prob find about any thing out there you want ;) I also have a spinner with a protank 3 on it and leave it on 3.8 v and so far it keeps a' goin after the O ring got straightened out. Set the mvp on 6.5 w with a new coil and the fruity juice and so far it's behaving. I am learning as I go.I really do enjoy vaping and both of my little setups :) Thanks again for your help.

Edited by mommabird62

PBusardo does a u tube video on crab juice, very nasty.

Bacon flavor I could Not imagine vaping... it just sounds very wrong.

Sounds like your set ups are working, doesn't take long to figure it out really, everyone's so helpful here.

As long as we can keep off stinkies, and enjoy it all is well.

I use a 70/30 VG/PG mix. It's basically pina colada but called "secret blend" at a local shop. I was a two to three pack a day smoker and I did Blu's for the last 8 months. Still smoked with them. My buddy jumped into vaping hard and got into all$ of it a little. I tried all of his stuff. Seriously awesome for sure. But for an all day smoke the light flavors with lots of nicotine are what I want. Most strong flavors get overwhelming. I ended up liking 3.7 volt with 1.5 ohm head. This gives about 9.1 watt if I'm not mistaken. I like the 2.0 ohm on this set up but I like 1.5 the best. Just a little more dry, slightly warm, yet still cool. Gives me a lot more vapor than a cig and it's good enough to keep me from smoking for the most part. Going from cartons a week to a couple packs is good. I have found with my VV battery that these citrus fruit flavors will burn at higher voltage/wattage. I try some up at 20w and it's just pointless. I think it all depends what you want. I will get a mech and RDA just for my truck though. When driving I wish I could get those massive clouds to just fill my lungs.

Thanks everyone :) I am also learning by trial and error that 6.5-8.5 on my MVP2 with the nautilus tank seems to be working depending on the juice. After burning out a coil or two, I learned quickly LOL