Happy Easter

My first Easter in the US, step-dad had let the grass grow in the back yard (we lived in the San Diego area at the time). He wakes me up at the butt-crack of dawn, makes me put on some stupid pink dress with scratchy lace all over it and shoves a garish colored basket into my hands and tells me to go look for eggs in the back yard.

I thought he was out of his mind.

Who puts eggs in their back yard??? I went to the fridge and got him the carton of eggs. Lol.

He shoves me out the back door and I'm standing in grass that reaches up to my butt (I've always been short). He's insisting I find the eggs back there so I take a tentative step and hear a CRUNCH.

Found one!

Needless to say, since the grass was so tall, most of the eggs I found were from stepping on them. I also kept wondering how weird it was to find colored eggs outside. The man was demented, and I was even more convinced when, several months later, he dropped a sheet over my head, shoved a pillow case into my hands and pushed me out the door and told me to go beg for candy from total strangers. :D