DNA 50!

Proetus

So my original 20 chip is being rma'd and i have another 30 sitting here. So i figured what the hell! Let's do a dual build. They will be pretty much the same thing with the exception of one being a 20 and the other being a 30. On to the pictures!

Boxes drilled and hand filed for 510 connections, buttons and charging port.

null_zpsc1ea3cce.jpg

null_zps76b011e5.jpg

Boxes Primed and ready for paint tomorrow.

null_zpsb5599f6c.jpg

Original 510 connectors from fat daddy vapes

null_zps61c07c1c.jpg

Removed the screw in pin and bored out derlin insert for a adjustable spring center pin

null_zps5a9c230f.jpg

null_zpsaf59474b.jpg

1200mah 25c Lipos, each mod will get 2 each for 2400mah

null_zpsa7677641.jpg

Misc wires and connectors that will be used.

null_zpsfdd79dbb.jpg

More to come as i get to it!

Got a bit more of the initial wiring done last night. Got the batteries, charging board, buttons and 510 wired up. Took a bit longer then the last one due to new connectors, fuses and dual batteries.Might have to redo a little of it due to space constraints. Not sure if the quick connector is gonna make the final cut. As nice as it is, it's a touch big. Hoping to finish it up in the next couple days.

null_zps1917f66f.jpg

null_zps166df9f8.jpg

Little more done with this today. Got the charge board epoxied in and most of the wiring done. Just have final board wiring tomorrow after the expoxy on the charge board dries. Obviously its next to my monster Big Blu 5800Mah goodness that lasts dam near 3 days at 20 watts.Quite the size difference.The red faceplate is a sample from a vendor that makes them for me. Faceplates come in Red, Blue, clear or Tinted. They make ornaments and signs and other things of that nature like my brewery sign :D

image1.jpg

copp2.jpeg

copp1.jpeg

copp3.jpeg

Edited by Proetus

Well it's fully functional and working as intended. However the fitting into the enclosure isn't to my liking. I'll have to rework the battery configuration to get it to sit like i want it to before i am happy with it. I am out of town for the next few days so it will have to wait.

just a little something i came across regarding the chinese DNA Clones.

Based on what I already know about similar boards like the Seneca 30W, I seriously doubt that the Chinese copy of Evolv's DNA boards will be anything less than an abysmal failure.

Some of the video's that I've seen plastered on VaporJoe's website show a real DNA board hooked up to an oscilloscope, but NOT the Hana clone itself. That's a sure sign of fraud and a weak attempt at fooling the ignorant.

The Seneca 30W was nothing less than a POS!

I had 4 of them tested by independent analysis and they all came back as utter garbage.

I expect to see the very same results, or very similar, in the Hana copies because the board inside is Chinese made....just like the Seneca controller (nope, it's not Korean made).

However, the Hana enclosure copy looks to be quite solid and should provide builders with an EXCELLENT box for the real McCoy!

At a mere $25/ea all freight/fees and taxes included....they should be a huge hit!

But anybody that actually bought the finished device....well....don't expect much. You might just get a generic 3-15W actual output or worse?

At dam near the same price as an actual dna board, i'll stick with the real deal.

Well it's finally done. After a week hiatus due to being out of town for work last week. I finally was able to get it finished up. Im waiting on some epoxy to finish curing on the buttons and i want to fit some foam between the battery and the board so that the screen sits flush and square against the faceplate. I'm going to fully charge it up tonight and give it the test tomorrow at work. It needs a few touch ups with paint but after that it'll be all set. 1st is the mod without a faceplate, next two are with the blue plate and then the red plate. The screen doesn't shine through the red as well as it does on the blue. Last one is the size difference between my two day monster!

Enjoy the pics!

Still waiting on the dam 20 to be mailed out!! :wallbash:

null_zps6f0ff2e2.jpg

null_zpsa9e1790d.jpg

null_zps4897d8f3.jpg

null_zps9bec44df.jpg

null_zpsf47fd578.jpg

null_zps3f2d425e.jpg