looking for first vv device

Hi all,

Just wondering what you would recommend and as a first vv. I'd prefer something affordable as I'm currently under-employed. Something in the $30-$50 range. I'm planning on picking up an RDA but I'd like to still use my ego threaded tanks too.

Thanks in advance,

CB

I haven't tried a lot of different APVs but have had a Vamo for about 9 months and I have put it through hell and it still works like a champ. If it broke, I wouldn't shop around I would buy another.

http://www.sweet-vapes.com/index.php?page=shop.browse&category_id=76&vmcchk=1&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=84

Thanks for the quick replies, I've heard good things about all three of those. Even though I know the MVP is the go to for vv, I don't think it will work well for me. It seems a little too big to keep in my pocket. When I'm at work I'm there for 12-14 hours and have to keep all personal property on me.

If portable is the goal then an Itaste vv or vision spinner is a good bet. If you want to use an RDA I think that might be the catch.... If you want to use it for work you'll probly need something simple. Can you elaborate on your needs so we can better help you?

Well the RDA was more for at home use. I know that almost all the tube style have lanyards so they don't need to be in a pocket unlike the box styled MVP. I'm just looking for a good day to day vape, whether I'm using my bcc tanks or the RDA. I know I could go out and buy a provari or lavatube or even build one if I wanted. I don't want to spend that much money or time right now though.

I'm just after replacements for my ego-t and inferno. I've been making my own fluid and rebuilding the coils in my tanks for a while. VV and a RDA seem like the next logical step.

My bad, I do see how that could be misunderstood. I was speaking specifically of shape. There is a lanyard for almost every cylindrical device on the market, so carrying those isn't an issue. I'm after an easy to use everyday device. So something similar to an ego just charge and go but with vv functions.

You could go with an eGo Twist or a Vision Spinner. My personal preference is the 1300 mAh Vision Spinner. That should last you all day and it's a very portable battery. The only real difference between the Twist and the Spinner is that you can see the numbers on the Spinner much more easily than you can on the eGo Twist. I'd recommend buying the Spinner from Brian at The Veteran Vaper. He has great prices and even better customer service. :)

http://www.theveteranvaper.com/vision-spinner-1300mah-variable-voltage-battery/

Any body bought batteries from discountvapers before? They have the vision spinner and ego twist on sale but I don't want to save a few $ and find out they aren't as good a quality.

Any body bought batteries from discountvapers before? They have the vision spinner and ego twist on sale but I don't want to save a few $ and find out they aren't as good a quality.

I buy from them regularly and have always gotten good, quality stuff and great customer service. Just got a couple of pretty big orders from this this past Saturday. :)

• 2 months later...

i highly recommend the innokin MVP. you should be able to get one for around $40 if you look around. it lasts a looooooong time on a charge, and i have had 2 of them for almost a year and they still are going strong.

drawbacks: if you have small hands like me, they are a bit difficult to hold. also i wish they would make them with replaceable batteries. cause once they die, they are done.

i highly recommend the innokin MVP. you should be able to get one for around $40 if you look around. it lasts a looooooong time on a charge, and i have had 2 of them for almost a year and they still are going strong.

drawbacks: if you have small hands like me, they are a bit difficult to hold. also i wish they would make them with replaceable batteries. cause once they die, they are done.

I agree. Mvp is great device. Id be more disapointed if it wasnt as affordable to replace.

I really like the Vision Spinner and have just ordered the Vison Spinner II (1600 MWh) . At home I rock an iTaste 134 mini. But it's way to big to lug around for travel and work. I just keep the Spinner in my shirt pocket where I used to keep my cigs. I started with a Kanger eVod but really like the Vision Spinners better - especially the Variable Voltage.

I'm in the MVP camp. It's hard to go wrong with an MVP 2.0 to start with, and maybe a Vision Spinner or something for the ultra stealthy times. I'm one of those people that carries a box mod every day and I find it ultra portable. When I was working out in the fab yard every day and operating heavy equipment, lots of climbing etc, the MVP was the way to go for me. The Innokin VTR is more durable, but also heavier and more expensive. I decided I'd rather use an MVP and replace it if there was a catastrophe and get a new one, than to only have one VTR. If they were the sam,e price I might would reconsider, may still have to choose the MVP but I would be weighing different pros and cons.

I got this one for 39.99

http://101vape.com/variable-voltagewattage-devices/148-innokin-itaste-mvp-v20.html

I also love the MVP. It seems to last pretty long and has been a good home for my Nautilus. I use it when I am driving. When I am in the office (or need something for my pocket)i use a itaste VV with an Aspire BDC on top. I do keep a spinner and some iClear 16s in the car, just in case.

MVP all the way. I too was concerned with the portability of it at first. Quickly found out that an MVP and an aerotank fit in my pocket perfectly. Im in the hvac and appliance repair field and fin myself on my back, on my sides, on a ladder and in crawl spaces and never notice it. Battery lasts for days and I chain vape. Go to 101vape.com. 40 bucks. Cant go wrong.

Im actually rocking the mvp abd a Russian. Its a little tall in my pocket, but no where near to being not portable. I have no issues with it at work. I work in aviation and climb up and down helicopters all day. Biggest pro for me, though, is that one charge on the mvp lasts me 2 full 10 hour shifts. Currently have a 1.6 ohm single coil at 11 watts in the Russian.

• 1 month later...

VTR or Provari. The VTR operates at frequencies nearly as high as the Provari and the form factor is very portable. The provari I'm sure you've heard most of the positives but the superior way it regulates voltage IMHO gives a superior taste.