88evape and AW 18650's

Dasfriek

I can't find a single review here or online about this site, Anyone have any experience with them?

I saw they are on this forum and offer deals and coupon codes. High5 is worth a 5% off an order.

Secondly, I ordered 4x AW18650 2000mah at $6.99 each with 5%off and with shipping under $30

When I get them is there a way to authenticate them?

I'm kinda worried when things seem to good to be true, but I see no red flags yet.

Edited by Dasfriek

Yup, too good to be true.

I've sent 88 a message informing them of the issue requesting a refund and return.

I was able to identify 4 markers on the cells showing they aren't genuine.

My Sony VTC5's took 3.5 hours to charge on my Pila and the fake cells took only 1.25 hours on all 4.

I'll be getting more VTC5's to replace these.

I'll know more on Monday about the refund and return.

I can try, but all I have is my phone to use and I'm not so sure how good they will be.

They are a rather good fake tho.

1. The sticker didn't have the notch.

2. The recycling mark was solid.

3. RoHS is in all caps (ROHS)

4. The bottom is flat and not raised.

If your not used to AW fake threads these things would sound dumb, but it can go much deeper in reality.

On a side note I got a full 24 hours from my new VTC5's worth of chain vaping on my Nautilus.

I'll be getting 4 more to replace the fakes. I went with the VTC5 as I'll be adding a mech soon.

Just have to say one thing. Buy some Sony vtc3,4,5, or 6 and be done with it. Which ever ones you can find. If you get efest and they say its vtc3s be sure to look at the battery and find that long azz vtc number somewhere under that red shrink wrap. Same goes for the eh battery. A lot of fakes going around. Be safe guys. And most of all smart. That old phrase has been around for ever for a reason, if its to good to be true then it is.

This may not end well.....

"Hi,

I'm inquiring about returning this order as the cells are NOT genuine AW cells for a refund.

Please let me know on how you want to handle this so it can be settled asap.

TY Don"

"Hi Don,

I don't think these batteries have any issues. We sold numerous of these and have had no compliants.

88eVape"

Read post #1479

And post #1487

http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showthread.php?191277-IMR16340-IMR14500-IMR18350-IMR18490-IMR18650-IMR26500-*Part-2*&p=4813437&viewfull=1#post4813437

Same battery as mine and AW himself says it's a fake. The reasons making them fake I listed earlier.

Edited by Dasfriek

I sent 88evape a link to this thread as it has the proof in it to the authenticity of the cells.

Also they should be able to defend their view if they plan to refuse the return and refund.

Very responsible and honorable Dasfriek! Good thinking!

It took me an easy 4 hours or more to gather the info, I can't expect a dealer to do that with every product.

Plus I don't want to hurt anyone's reputation unjustly.

I like a good deal as many people do, but I'd rather get what is advertised.

I wish I had my battery analyzer that I sold a while ago, but if I had to guess these are around 1400mah cells by the charging times.

But the bigger issue would be they may not even be IMR's which could blow up in a mech when pushed hard.

Edited by Dasfriek

Looks 100% authentic.

Notch in sticker,RoHS labeled correctly, recycling is hollow, China with a capital C, correct font and (+&-) is solid.

It doesnt show the bottom but I'd bet it's raised and not flat.

Some older ones can have the second whole line of writing missing and still be authentic.

If you look threw that long thread I linked you would be amazed at how many style of fakes are out there.

Mine looked real and is a rather good fake and would explain why 88evape hasn't had any/many complaints.

Edited by Dasfriek

It took me an easy 4 hours or more to gather the info, I can't expect a dealer to do that with every product.

Plus I don't want to hurt anyone's reputation unjustly.

I would, I did almost 6 hours research to make sure the Sony's I bought to sell were legit. Down to talking to people that have done even more research than I had. If a vendor is going to say something is "Authentic" they should make sure it is. If it is not then say so and give the customer the option to buy it or not. I think every vendor should make a reasonable effort to know what they are selling. I don't trust vendors that:

1. Say something is "Authentic" or post a picture of an authentic item, and then send a Clone/Fake.

2. Hide the fact that it is Clone/Fake by not saying either way.

3. Have no clue about a product they sell.

As far as reputation all vendors understand how competitive the market is, if they don't, they need to find a new business. When you sell fake or overpriced clones, and/or don't care about the customer by giving poor customer service, it will bite you in the a** and your reputation will tank. There are far to many good vendors out there to be complacent and will only hurt a business in the long run.

Sony's seem much harder to spot a fake imo. The worst part of all of this is a fake IMR can injure you.

88evape has now taken their AW cells out of stock, so tabovet's good as it shows they are looking into the issue.

I'm sure it sucks on their end to loose money, but I hope I don't loose mine also.

Had I known what I know now 2 of the 3 pics on his site of his AW18650's are fakes also.

Comp it's good to see your views and how you run your business, it can't be an easy job.

I usually try and buy from people who support and help in the forums I frequent.

I have 4 of my VTC5's now and 4 more coming from MBV which after I tried my first 2 I knew I had to upgrade all my cells to the VTC5.

I will keep you in mind about a juice id like made, but that's another thread :)

Edited by Dasfriek

Thank you Dasfriek.

Yes it does suck to find out after you spent money for a product to find out it is fake. Batteries are the worst. At least with hardware you can still make back what you spent. With batteries like the Sony's and AW's etc. not so much. The main reason is the danger and people, understandably, not wanting to take that risk, they become unsellable. Sounds like this vendor may see that he made a mistake and is working on correcting it. That can only be be a good sign. :)

PM me about the Juice :) I'll see what I can do. I have 4 requests I'm working now for custom flavors. so. it may be a bit before I can get to a new custom flavor. :yes

I was sent an email stating I can get a refund if I send them back, wich I will.

Hopefully they figure out what to do with these cells and no one gets hurt.

On a similar front I visited a local shop and they too had the same fake AW's I'll be returning. I mentioned this to an employee that he should look into it. This fake is rather good to be so wide spread.I don't want to see another AW for a long time.

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines