nicotine urin test?

As a parent, nothing pisses me off more than when my kids lie to me, except when they lie and know that I already know the truth.

As an adult child, nothing upsets my parents more than being lied to. I moved out when I was 17, and I still had to go to my mother for many things for school, so lying about my activities was never an option. When I turned 18, though, it never crossed my mind to lie to my parents. They both know everything about me, and the relationship I have with each of them is very close and I can tell them ANYTHING.

As a wife, it pisses me off when my husband tells even little white lies to his parents. It makes me think that it would be easy for him to lie to me if it's so easy for him to lie to his parents.

Lying to your parents, essentially, WILL affect future relationships. Not necessarily about this, but in general. I know it may be hard, but put yourself in their shoes. And keep open the conversation with them, trust me it will help you long term. When you're in your mid-20s and need someone to talk to, your parents won't be wondering if you're lying to them. Honesty is ALWAYS best, even when it may hurt someone's feelings, because then you become the person everyone can count on to ALWAYS tell the truth. Please don't try to fool the nic test, or lie to your parents. You will regret it. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, maybe not in a month or year, but one day you WILL.

Nope MAC Address filtering. I have the MAC address written down. ;)

LOL Yeah they know when it coming, I give plenty of warning. LOL Get it done or you will have no internet... But but but.... No Buts get it done now please. LOL

LOL I had the 18 year old one day yell at me.. "Why do you always do that?" I just said, "Because it works." She came back at me "Well not this time." and stormed off. I just smiled and shut it off. Took 2 days but it got done. LMAO

I give my kids a choice. The choice is... do it... or don't, and I take all your s@#t away.

My friend used to do a variation of that. She's take their stuff away and put it in a locked trunk. Then, come Christmas time she'd wrap it up and they got to open it as a gift -- if they were good -- and repeated as necessary the next time they didn't do what they were supposed to. It was win-win for her. One, there was the teaching her kids that their actions had consequences and two, it saved a ton of money at Christmas. Lol!

I found my step kids hate discipline with a smile and please. LOL There is nothing worse to a Teenage girl than taking her Internet away. Oh and yes I did give her the If you don't like the rules there is the option of moving out speech. She tried it for the summer and was slapped with reality and bills. ;) I got the you can't do this that and the other I'm 18 speech and just smiled at her. I think I saw flames come out her ears when I said "This is true and I can always start making you pay your share of what you use around here too now that your 18." :D

Yes and no, I would have loved to she her make it, but the cards were stacked against it and I knew it. But you can't tell that to a teenager and have them believe you till they find out for them self. :) She is a good kid for the most part and I lover her to death. I'm not step Dad to her I'm "Dad" and that is her choice. :)

Taught my friend's son how to drive. She bought him my old Mazda 626 5-speed but then had to ground him when he took the car out when he wasn't supposed to. They lived at the top of a hill so he'd go out, put it in neutral 'til he got to the bottom of the hill then popped the clutch to start. She wouldn't hear the engine because he was all the way down the hill when he did it. She did notice that he wasn't at home and asked me for some help.

I took out the distributor but put the cap back into place. :evil:

He thought he was being pretty clever with his trick until the car didn't start, he couldn't figure out why, and the boys couldn't push the car back up the hill back to where it had been parked. His mom and I pretended we didn't know what was going on. It was the funniest thing! He also learned not to try to side step any punishment from that. :lol: