kamry 18650 battery

I can't find the specs for it. If you're planning on sub ohming, stay safe and get the sony vtc4

Neither can i, even looked on the Kamry website. :wallbash: And no i have a 1.2 ohm build right now. I just wanted to know what it was. For future reference.

gonna wrap it in electrical tape now, don't want the damn thing  to be firing off in my pocket. 

All I can say is stay above 1.0 ohms and your good I had to junk one of mine I went to .8 and it heated up

Just checked to see what batteries came in my Kamry K100 and it's a TrustFire TR18650 2500 mAh 3.7 volt battery. The other one is an ICR 18350 900 mAh 3.7 volt. Both are clearly labled on mine. :)

That was a huge help Tam thank you. I had searched half the day and couldn't find that. Knowing this I would definitely suggest to stay above 1.0ohms.

If I were to use one of the Sony batteries you just sent out I should be fine sub-ohming on my K100, right?

Neither can i, even looked on the Kamry website. :wallbash: And no i have a 1.2 ohm build right now. I just wanted to know what it was. For future reference.

Your 1.2Ω build is no big deal, you are are only pulling about 3A.

As far as amp ratings, they seldom tell the full story. A minor league manufacturer like Sony (after all these years has an insignificant 8% share in the worldwide market) seems to play fast loose with their ratings. It's interesting to note that in the specsheet for the VTC4 Sony never once specifically claims a 30A Max Continuous Rate. Real tests tell the true story. The Sony should be considered a 20A MCR battery.

This is 5A test about a ~.7Ω load.

http://dampfakkus.de/akkuvergleich.php?akku1=490&akku2=485&akku3=&akku4=&akku5=&akku6=&a=5

The Samsung (#1 in worldwide sales) is 'only' 20A rated battery.

Edited by WillBlack

Will, while I appreciate your indepth knowledge, those graphs are gobbledy-guk to me. I have to tell you that those samsungs you are so proud of start getting very hot when I'm sub ohming. I no longer use them for any builds lower than 0.8. Your stats may show better results, but I won't put my safety second to those graphs. My sony VTC4's may not be shown in a good light in any of the stats you have, but they don't get hot when I'm down into the 0.3 and below range. And I haven't noticed any appreciable lack of performance. Just my 2cents

Will, while I appreciate your indepth knowledge, those graphs are gobbledy-guk to me. I have to tell you that those samsungs you are so proud of start getting very hot when I'm sub ohming. I no longer use them for any builds lower than 0.8. Your stats may show better results, but I won't put my safety second to those graphs. My sony VTC4's may not be shown in a good light in any of the stats you have, but they don't get hot when I'm down into the 0.3 and below range. And I haven't noticed any appreciable lack of performance. Just my 2cents

And those sonys can handle one hell of a load. At half ohm it only drops about .08-.19 volts. They are beasts. May go get some vtc5s next

Just checked to see what batteries came in my Kamry K100 and it's a TrustFire TR18650 2500 mAh 3.7 volt battery. The other one is an ICR 18350 900 mAh 3.7 volt. Both are clearly labled on mine. :)

i dont think these are the same as the ones that come with mine, I'm going to keep it below 10a just in cause its pushing 4.666 right now at .9 ohm's