Dark liquids and coils

Patricia

I have been trying out a lot of new liquids and I have found that the dark liquids, which most I really like, keep stopping up my coils. The coil does not burn out just after 1/2 to 1 tank (KPT2) I cant get any vapor out of it. Even a fully charged 1300 Spinner cut all the way up does not help me get anything. What I'm trying to do now, which helps a little but not much, is soaking the coil in alcohol, rinsing in hot water, drying and putting it back on. I am using genuine KPT 1.8 coils. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can do. If I don't find a remedy I am going to have to cut dark liquids out and I really like some of them so I don't want to have to do that. Thanks for any advise.

Most people don't use the right coils. I had the same problem before I learned some tricks. Get at least a 2.8omh coil, Vision Spinner and Protank-II. Clean the part the coil screws into with wiarm water after every refill. Dry. Make sure no juice is on the seals and don't twist together too tight, it mashes the O ring. After filling tank always blow hard through the tip and dab any juice that comes out with paper towel. Blow through the bottom, too. Break in new coils by slowly dialing the spinner up - start at lowest 3.3, vape about 4 hits, dial up a little at a time and vape at each setting. If you like 4.8 get the 3.0 coils. I also take my Protank apart for cleaning under water after changing flavors. My coils last two weeks with dark juice now. I recycle coils by rinsing them in water and dry vaping exactly 2 seconds. The long post can also be taken off to wash the wicks better, pop back on and dry vape carefully.

One of my favorite juices is a coil gunker. Clean well like luckystarre says and dry burn like comp says. I usually dry burn until no more emissions from the coil. Then it's pretty much like a fresh coil.

I have run across this lately. I have a dark e-liquid from a local store and it seems to be gunking up my stuff. Although I am not completely sure it is the the dark color causing the problem. This liquid has a higher VG content than what I usually vape. I know from previous (long ago) threads that a higher VG level will gunk/clog faster.

Bebop what are emissions?

Deposits that build up on the coil. When you dry burn, they burn off the coil. It's actually smoke. When the deposits burn off the coil stops smoking and just glows red

Do I have to take the flavor wicks out before I dry burn them? I don't have very steady hands, like there is no way I could thread a needle so I don't know if I could successfully take them out or put them back in.

Cool, that's great to hear Josh. I had just watched a Utube video on how to dry burn coils and the lady doing the video did so I am so glad I asked. This is going to be much easier then I thought. Thank you.