Rebuilt Protanks leaking...

The most common reason re-built KPTs leak is because there's not enough wick filling the side slots of the atomizer body, so juice flows past the wick and into the air passage. Too much wick and it'll impede the juice flow to the coil.

I use 3.5mm silica wick and I don't have leaking issues, so you're going to need to aim for a total of roughly 3.5mm of wick material (including the main wick & flavor wicks if you use them).

Lots of vapor? How many wraps

4/3 wrap of 32g Kanthal A-1 around a 3.5mm silica wick to achieve a 1.8Ω coil. Vapes beautifully from full tank to dry tank.

Edited by Rixter

The most common reason re-built KPTs leak is because there's not enough wick filling the side slots of the atomizer body, so juice flows past the wick and into the air passage. Too much wick and it'll impede the juice flow to the coil.

I use 3.5mm silica wick and I don't have leaking issues, so you're going to need to aim for a total of roughly 3.5mm of wick material (including the main wick & flavor wicks if you use them).

Side slots as in where the wicks peek out? I cut them almost flush but not quite. The juice actually seems to mainly leak out the sides of the coil (not through the little hole) and not just on one coil, but every single one I rebuild. Edited by Grant951

Side slots as in where the wicks peek out? I cut them almost flush but not quite. The juice actually seems to mainly leak out the sides of the coil (not through the little hole) and not just on one coil, but every single one I rebuild.

Then it is only 1 of two things. Your O ring is bad or it is not tight. My guess since you say they are tight, is that there is a problem with the O ring on the base of the coil.

Side slots as in where the wicks peek out? I cut them almost flush but not quite. The juice actually seems to mainly leak out the sides of the coil (not through the little hole) and not just on one coil, but every single one I rebuild.

Flush with what? You don't mean the holes do you?

Had this problem when i first started rebuilding my own. After a few trial and errors i found what works for is to wrap my coil on a Allen key that has just enough space to slid into slots with just a touch of play in it to slid it out once i have the coil in place. Then take some cotton from a ball and make my wick twist one end to a point and put it through the coil and twist it like a screw and it threads itself to the other side. Fluff the pointed end and trim it to were it sticks out just a small amount repeat on the other side. Place a few drops of juice on the wick and coil. And put it all back together and back to vapehappy. If my orings are having problems i go to the autoparts store and get the size i need. Usually i use the green ones that are used in ac and heating repair. Green in color and hold up great

Flush with what? You don't mean the holes do you?

No, lol. The base of the coil. I have noticed when it starts leaking that if I take it apart dry everything out (except for the tank) and re assemble it I can vape it dry. I don't get it...

Also all my o rings and threads are perfectly intact.

Edited by Grant951

This is my final guess, since I can't see your rebuild) - you say you use cotton. I would bet your cotton wick does not have enough material. The juice is flowing too heavily to the coil and is not restricted enough. Remember, as the juice wicks and is constantly being fired by the coil, the wick contracts and gets gooey with deposits from sugars and whatnot in flavoring. This does two things, the wick loses its elasticity(stays compressed) and loses its ability to hold the juice. Once that happens the juice gets by the coil and into the airway and battery.

Try beefing up your wick (more cotton) and not necessarily more flavor wick.

(I don't believe in demons. :) )

Edited by Bebop12