got my first E-cig. problems :(

ok well I've had the garbage blu e cig original kit for like 2 years. only used it now and then as the refills are not cheap and don't last or taste good at all. that being said i went out and picked up a Ego-T with a pro tank. the tank is a knock off. it was $7 but works well. the ego-t might be a knock off I'm not sure but it says ego-T that was around $27. anyway. i was going to charge one of my blu batteries with the ego-t charger on my macbook. as soon as i screwed the battery onto the charger i heard 2 popping noises and smelled like the charger burned up. unplugged it immediately. my computer warned me that it was trying to draw to much power blah blah.

but now when i plug my ego-t into the charger no matter what its plugged into (computer, wall, car) the charger light stays red, and the ego light stays red. had it "charging" for almost 24 hours on and off and every time i go to use the ego it only lasts a few puffs then it dies. has this happened to anyone else? pretty sure my charger burned up. not a huge deal since they are like $1.50 but i gotta drive 30 min each way to get one. I've only had the ego-t for 2 days. thanks for any info!

ya im guessing not. glad it didn't burn up anything on my macbook. I've been running the blu battery on my pro tank since they are 510 thread. working well but obviously battery life is only a hang full of good hits. but gotta do what gotta do till i get a new charger or wait till my taste v3.0 arrives

This is why most of us here recommend you use an AC adapter to charge and not plug it into a desktop or laptop. The AC adapter has a built in safety feature that helps to keep these types of things from happening and frying your computer. You got very lucky. :)

The USB ones have protection circuitry in them as well Tam.

After all its the electronics in the USB that tell it when to stop.

Chances are if it was plugged into his wall it would have gone up in smoke and possibly worse.

USB is only one way and limited to 5V where as mains depending where you are can be anything from 110V.

Sounds like he overloaded the board in the charger and has wrecked the thermal and resistance cut off.

The chargers are different!!! Dont use the 510 charger (blu) for ego batteries! Fortunately sounds like you have a genuine joye battery with circuit protection so your battery is prrobably ok. Charger not so much. I suggest tossing the charger out and get standard ego charger ( $5)

Edited by Bebop12

it was the charger witch i figured. got a new one today and also picked up a evod vv. like it way better than the ego-T. ego is now a back up! thanks for the info guys. i will not be charging a blu cig anymore since they are probably going into the trash haha

just to clear any confusion. i tried to charge a small blu cig battery on my ego charger. didn't realize the ego chargers put out more power than the original blu since blu are so small. thats why the charger burned up instantly. but my ego is still working perfect and got new charger.