Noobie Question

vmshaw

If I have a battery and I attach an attomizer and then I attach my tank to that am I going to get a much better vape then if I had only the tank and the battery? I am trying to figure all this out......I have been reading all of your posts and trying to put all of the pieces togther. Figure out what each thing does. Just asking. :hope:

Not sure what you are asking? :huh:

An atomizer/cartomizer in a tank? Atomizer with a tank attached on top?

maybe I have it all confused. I saw an atomizer that looked to be about 2 inches long what do you do with that? I have a Ego twist with a KPT2 now. I was wondering what that was used for.

You're probably describing a cartomizer which is a barrel or tube roughly the size around of a cigarette. The cartomizer screws on to a battery and can be used independently of a tank. It is either directly dripped in to or has a cotton filler that is drenched with juice. It contains an atomizer.

the KPT2 is its own unit (heating element + liquid tank). atomizers are use for dripping....its basically a heating unit that you add a couple drops at a time (uses a drip tip), cartomizers are a heating element with a cotton fiber material that you add the liquid too.

Honestly the KPT2 is much easier to use than cartomizers.

dripping is its own way of doing things. personally, I love dripping for flavor and throat hit, its my sweet spot. that being said, its more work than using the KPT2. I love my tanks for when I am out and about.

not sure if that answers your question, if not keep asking.

the KPT2 is its own unit (heating element + liquid tank). atomizers are use for dripping....its basically a heating unit that you add a couple drops at a time (uses a drip tip), cartomizers are a heating element with a cotton fiber material that you add the liquid too.

Honestly the KPT2 is much easier to use than cartomizers.

dripping is its own way of doing things. personally, I love dripping for flavor and throat hit, its my sweet spot. that being said, its more work than using the KPT2. I love my tanks for when I am out and about.

not sure if that answers your question, if not keep asking.

yes, but I want to know more about "dripping". Can you tell me? I am liking the flavor and throat hit thing.

Lets see if i can help out here... I am by no means an expert yet, but... Dripping is another method one can use instead of using a tank with a capacity to hold liquid. Basically the way it works is you would need what is refered to as a "RDA" (Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer) which will have a base, or commonly refered to as a "deck" on the deck you will have "Posts" most common and easiest to work with would be a 2 post set up. the center post being the positive and the 2nd post being your ground or negative. You would build a coil of your choosing, wether it be a micro coil, tin man, dragon coil, etc. once you have the coil and wicking material in place, you would "DRIP" a few drops of your liquid directly onto the coil, and fire it, to get your vape. After a few puffs, you will need to "DRIP" a few more drops on, to keep it moist. This is the "Dripping" method. It requires you to constantly drip your juice manually onto your coil as opposed to using a tank and having a wick that will pull the juice from the tank on its own.

The above would be an example of a Rebuildable Dripping method, there is another method for dripping wich uses a cartomizer tube, it looks like a little cylinder, but has a small amount of cotton or other wicking material in it, that you drip your juice into. This method is not rebuildable, after a few days you take the cylinder or "Carto" off and toss it, and replace with a new one. This method you would just have like a sleeve or heat shield that goes around the carto, mainly to make it look a little better then just having an exposed carto on top of your battery.

Hope this helps you understand a little better about the difference between methods.

Edited by iheartvape

Lets see if i can help out here... I am by no means an expert yet, but... Dripping is another method one can use instead of using a tank with a capacity to hold liquid. Basically the way it works is you would have a base, or commonly refered to as a "deck" on the deck you will have "Posts" most common and easiest to work with would be a 2 post set up. the center post being the positive and the 2nd post being your ground or negative. You would build a coil of your choosing, wether it be a micro coil, tin man, dragon coil, etc. once you have the coil and wicking material in place, you would "DRIP" a few drops of your liquid directly onto the coil, and fire it, to get your vape. After a few puffs, you will need to "DRIP" a few more drops on, to keep it moist. This is the "Dripping" method. It requires you to constantly drip your juice manually onto your coil as opposed to using a tank and having a wick that will pull the juice from the tank on its own.

Hope this helps you understand a little better about the difference between methods.

OK...Well I think that is way over my head...maybe I will stick with my tanks! Thank you!

Edited by vmshaw

it sounds way more complicated then it actually is. When i first started exploring it i thought the same thing, now its the only way I will vape. My best advice would be to google rebuilding micro coil or something to that nature and watch a few videos on youtube about it, that way you can see that the whole process really only takes about 10 minutes.

You don't need an RDA to direct drip. You can buy a simple atomizer, a drip tip, a drip shield (optional but recommended for convenience), and you're good to go. No need to learn how to build your own coils.

I frequently recommend the atomizers shown in this link to people new to direct dripping.

http://vapelite.info/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=22_47&products_id=62

The RDAs are much more advanced. With these you'll need to buy the wire, wick, an ohm meter, a small torch, etc. With the atomizer I recommended you just need that, some juice and you're good to go. You can replace the drip tip (mouth piece) to something else if you don't want what comes with the atomizer itself.

iheartvape, you're trying to teach her how to fly an airplane before she's learned to ride a bicycle. :)

You don't need an RDA to direct drip. You can buy a simple atomizer, a drip tip, a drip shield (optional but recommended for convenience), and you're good to go. No need to learn how to build your own coils.

I frequently recommend the atomizers shown in this link to people new to direct dripping.

http://vapelite.info/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=22_47&products_id=62

The RDAs are much more advanced. With these you'll need to buy the wire, wick, an ohm meter, a small torch, etc. With the atomizer I recommended you just need that, some juice and you're good to go. You can replace the drip tip (mouth piece) to something else if you don't want what comes with the atomizer itself.

iheartvape, you're trying to teach her how to fly an airplane before she's learned to ride a bicycle. :)

My bad... i skipped over the whole direct drip carto thing and dived straight into RDA when i was learning, it wasnt that bad. I did mention the direct carto method though in my previous comment, it just wasnt as in depth, cause there isnt much to it.

This is a good place to start:

Dripping does take a bit of practice, but overall its not really hard. You will want a 510 atomizer (like the one from the link Tameiki posted) or 306 (my favorite).

http://www.theveteranvaper.com/search.php?search_query=306&x=0&y=0

The thing I like the best about the 306...is that it is much easier to clean between flavors (if desired). I DIY my own liquids, so am frequently testing flavors. the 306 is the same as the 510, just without the metal casing. if you do decide to try the 306, you will need the 306 drip tip. the 510 atomizer needs a different drip tip.

the drip shields help with leaking, very optional. the ego cones can also be used as a drip shield.

http://www.theveteranvaper.com/search.php?search_query=ego+cone&x=0&y=0