VG based Tobacco flavors

fjs340

Hi, I'm new here but not new to vaping. Where besides Johnson Creek can you get 100% vg juice in good tobacco flavors? Everything I have tried is bitter, taste horrible, I'm thinking due to the pg in it? I do not want to smoke a synthetic long chain molecule, might as well be back on cigs! I also do not smoke fruit, pie, candy or any other BS flavors. I smoked tobacco, non-menthol straight tobacco.

JC has two great flavors; domestic and tennese cured in 100% vg they are very good but are high priced. Where can I get something in good full tobacco with 100% vg?

Hi, fjs. Firstly, I don't think the bitter taste is coming from the PG. The PG carries the majority of the flavor, so I don't think it's carrying the bitter note - at least I've never experienced it. It could be coming from the flavor itself.

I see what you mean about the high price of JC and not being able to customize the juices. MOST of the companies I've dealt with let you customize the PG/VG ratio on the juices, but not all. Some are mixed by an outside company (I know Vapor Beast is one of those, and it only comes 70/30). Some find a blend that they believe carries their flavor across best. Some "premium juices" are like that. I know Five Pawns (very pricey) and Boba's Bounty (okay price-wise, I think, no PG added, though, so from what I've heard, it's a thicker vape). I've seen sites that let you specify 100% VG, and some that will only go down as far as 80% VG, and some that won't go quite that low.

Some places (you'll find this mostly in B&M's, but some websites carry other vendor's brands as well), if they are carrying another vendor's brand, CAN'T customize PG/VG mix.

Boba's Bounty - I've heard wonderful things about, and I remember I tried it, and I think I liked it, but I couldn't pick up any up that day because of budget issues, I think - or the thought of justifying YET another juice purchase to my SO. I can't remember. That was way back in October or November and who remembers back that far? It may have been that it was too expensive at that particular shop. But then again, if I taste it in a shop, I'll buy my first bottle from that shop.

Anyway, back to the bitter note. Is this on all the flavors you've tried, or just certain ones? What kind of tank are you using, if you don't mind me asking?

I do not want to smoke a synthetic long chain molecule, might as well be back on cigs! What?!! You can't be serious.

I also do not smoke fruit, pie, candy or any other BS flavors. I smoked tobacco, non-menthol straight tobacco. Well, just how long have you been vap'n?

Hi, I'm new here but not new to vaping. Where besides Johnson Creek can you get 100% vg juice in good tobacco flavors? Everything I have tried is bitter, taste horrible, I'm thinking due to the pg in it? I do not want to smoke a synthetic long chain molecule, might as well be back on cigs! I also do not smoke fruit, pie, candy or any other BS flavors. I smoked tobacco, non-menthol straight tobacco.

JC has two great flavors; domestic and tennese cured in 100% vg they are very good but are high priced. Where can I get something in good full tobacco with 100% vg?

I'm using Kanger Evod system and like it very much! I was on the JC Vea but the carts don't last and the tanks just don't do anything. I have tried WOW's traditional tobacco and e-liquids Virginia honey, both had that aufull bitter taste! Vapor4Life is sending me some Premium Flavor's Dunwoody as a freebie for the WOW and I have ordered some samples from Freedom Smoke USA.

I do not want to smoke a synthetic long chain molecule, might as well be back on cigs! What?!! You can't be serious.

I also do not smoke fruit, pie, candy or any other BS flavors. I smoked tobacco, non-menthol straight tobacco. Well, just how long have you been vap'n?

Okay, I quoted aufin's post because it was easier than quoting the OP and then deleting all but what I wanted to respond to.

Just because PG is a long chain combination (don't believe PG is a single molecule, because it has ingredients in it, but I could be wrong), doesn't mean it's bad for you. PG is found in a number of household products you use every day - even more if you are female and use make up. And PG doesn't compare to ANYTHING found in analogs, so the analogy is, well, flawed, as they would say in logic/reasoning and argumentation course.

Try Bobas bounty it 100% VG and another good tobacco that is 50/50 but has no bitterness is namber Grimm army

Boba's was going to be a strong recommendation, however, I still think the OP is off the mark when he/she thinks that the PG is causing the bitterness. One would think it's either the flavor itself, or possibly a chemical residue on the tank that wasn't washed off prior to use?

After all, taste IS subjective. I've gone through three Irish Cream flavors, all of which are supposed to taste "just like Bailey's", according to reviews. I've found one that's close, but really not close enough.

Edited by spydre

Okay, I quoted aufin's post because it was easier than quoting the OP and then deleting all but what I wanted to respond to.

Just because PG is a long chain combination (don't believe PG is a single molecule, because it has ingredients in it, but I could be wrong), doesn't mean it's bad for you. PG is found in a number of household products you use every day - even more if you are female and use make up. And PG doesn't compare to ANYTHING found in analogs, so the analogy is, well, flawed, as they would say in logic/reasoning and argumentation course.

Boba's was going to be a strong recommendation, however, I still think the OP is off the mark when he/she thinks that the PG is causing the bitterness. One would think it's either the flavor itself, or possibly a chemical residue on the tank that wasn't washed off prior to use?

After all, taste IS subjective. I've gone through three Irish Cream flavors, all of which are supposed to taste "just like Bailey's", according to reviews. I've found one that's close, but really not close enough.

A molecule can be any number of atoms combined to make a compound ie; propylene. Unless produced synthetically it could come from petrolium like polypropylene, do you know what that is in it's High and Low densities?

I don't know the long term effects of vaping any of these ingredients and very little to no research has been done. I would just feel better with 100% VG. I started with it, I like it and I will only Vape it!

VT Member, I appreciate the help but your Chemistry is very flawed!

I don't know the long term effects of vaping any of these ingredients and very little to no research has been done. I would just feel better with 100% VG. I started with it, I like it and I will only Vape it!

VT Member, I appreciate the help but your Chemistry is very flawed!

You do realize that no juice is 100% vg. The base may be 100% but as soon as you add flavoring, which can be as much as 30% of the juice, your def vaping something other than just pure vg. And since just about all flavorings are proprietary its impossible to find out whats in that flavoring.

I'm only pointing this out, not trying to change your mind on what you vape.

OP what tank are you using ? Please don't say a CE4 / 5 ? I'm not sure where you're getting the menthol tones from ? All tastes are subject to the user and what you put in them.

I have Silverthorn on rotation daily I can actually taste the tobacco and the sun dried after tones.

OP what tank are you using ? Please don't say a CE4 / 5 ? I'm not sure where you're getting the menthol tones from ? All tastes are subject to the user and what you put in them.

I have Silverthorn on rotation daily I can actually taste the tobacco and the sun dried after tones.

Evod, it's the unitank right? Also that was along time ago with my vea and carts, ordered the 5 flavor sample pack and found TC and DOM, everything else; Mercado, Swiss Dark & Silverthorn had such a fake over powering taste I found them undesirable. If it was'nt good in a cart. I doubt the tank will make any difference. Money is tight, so I am only going to order small amounts of highly recommended juice.

You taste no minty flavor in silverthorn?

Edited by fjs340

I,m new and confused-does 100% vg juice still contain pg? I assumed it would not. Paul

Sorry if I confused you. The 3 basic parts of ejuice are USUALLY pg, vg, and flavoring. 90% of what I have come across is some combination of these components.

Juice makers feel that a higher pg content helps the juice carry more flavor. The vg produces more vapor but doesn't carry as much flavor.

Some juice is made with only vg and flavorings. But flavoring scan make up as much as 30% of the juice. That means that in a 10ml bottle of juice 7ml is vg and 3ml is flavoring.

What is flavoring made out of? Honestly, it's difficult to find out. Probably water, some form of extracts or reductions of organic compounds, and some kind of base to suspend it in.

I can't say there is pg in a 100% vg juice. It is possible. If so, it's minimal.

Bottom line: what ever it is it's better for you than carbonized vegetable matter (tobacco leaves)