VG based Tobacco flavors

fjs340

Well, I wasn't sure at first what you were talking about. If you purchased a juice that's no PG added, it will be SIGNIFICANTLY thicker. I DOUBT that JC was using water to thin it down, but I could be wrong.

I meant if you have tried JC vg and others vg did you not notice the difference in thickness?

Their ingredients list deionized water. I bet it is common to a lot of juices but is not always listed, it would have to be, it's only pure water. Some sweetners list grain alcohol as the solvent for DIY juice.

Edited by fjs340

I meant if you have tried JC vg and others vg did you not notice the difference in thickness?

Their ingredients list deionized water. I bet it is common to a lot of juices but is not always listed, it would have to be, it's only pure water. Some sweetners list grain alcohol as the solvent for DIY juice.

The only no PG juice I've vaped is Boba's Bounty, and although I like it, and am not having problems getting it to wick, I'll not likely be getting it again, as it tastes very similar to another juice I vape, and that juice is better. But you can tell is thicker than a 50/50 mix just by moving the bottle around a bit so the juice moves.

The way you talked about JC in your first post it sounded like you had experience with their juice.

Nope.

Oh yea, what is it you like better than Boba's?

It's a 555 blend that basically was semi cloned for me using Jive 555 Nutty Tobacco from Vapor Beast as a starting point. It's from my go-to B&M Better Vapes. For a while, they had lost their 555 recipe due to a computer crash, part of the recipe was lost, but they've come up with a whole new recipe for me, that I like better than the Jive 555 from Vapor Beast. I like them both, but Better Vapes has definitely edged out Vapor Beast's for me. Plus, it's cheaper. I don't know why they haven't updated their web page showing that 555 is now in stock, unless they are planning on selling it only to me (which would really be ..... unprofitable, as I generally just get a 50 ml per month of it, but we a buy a heck of a lot of stuff from them, enough they discount other SOME stuff for us, like glass bottles with drippers). If I see Steve when I go in there tomorrow, I'll ask him why they haven't updated the web store yet, since I've been bragging about it. :)

I should add, the 555 that I get from Better Vapes has a sweeter note than Boba's has, but both have that nutty note.

Edited by spydre

JC is incredibly thick, shake well before using.

It also discolours incredibly quick, what goes into a tank a golden colour will be almost black in a couple of days.

You mean JC's Red Oak (VG) juices? You must be talking about Original JC (PG or mix), if not you don't know what thick is? Try some freedomsmokeusa stuff, that's as thick as Shampo!

Nope.

It's a 555 blend that basically was semi cloned for me using Jive 555 Nutty Tobacco from Vapor Beast as a starting point. It's from my go-to B&M Better Vapes. For a while, they had lost their 555 recipe due to a computer crash, part of the recipe was lost, but they've come up with a whole new recipe for me, that I like better than the Jive 555 from Vapor Beast. I like them both, but Better Vapes has definitely edged out Vapor Beast's for me. Plus, it's cheaper. I don't know why they haven't updated their web page showing that 555 is now in stock, unless they are planning on selling it only to me (which would really be ..... unprofitable, as I generally just get a 50 ml per month of it, but we a buy a heck of a lot of stuff from them, enough they discount other SOME stuff for us, like glass bottles with drippers). If I see Steve when I go in there tomorrow, I'll ask him why they haven't updated the web store yet, since I've been bragging about it. :)

I should add, the 555 that I get from Better Vapes has a sweeter note than Boba's has, but both have that nutty note.

Well, I've got some samples coming from Alien Visions to try but, today I got a free bottle of Nobacco Dunwoody, it is exactly perfect cigarette flavor and smell! I got vap4life to send it to me replacing that horrible WOW Traditional.

Anyone out there ever tried another good Dunhill mix from another supplier, V4L's shipping is way too slow?

Well, I've got some samples coming from Alien Visions to try but, today I got a free bottle of Nobacco Dunwoody, it is exactly perfect cigarette flavor and smell! I got vap4life to send it to me replacing that horrible WOW Traditional.

Anyone out there ever tried another good Dunhill mix from another supplier, V4L's shipping is way too slow?

From Alien Visions, I like Boba's, but it doesn't taste much like tobacco to me. Never tried any Dunhill flavored juices, as I didn't like Dunhill cigarettes. I remember borrowing off my boss when I worked at KFC (I believe he had them imported) and I felt they were harsh then, when I was smoking Marlboro Reds. By the time I switched to vaping, I was vaping generic lights, so I figured Dunhill would kill me.

Um, shouldn't be leaking from the coils. You may have lost on o-ring, or you may not have the coil screwed all the way in? If you are using an evod, those are the only two reasons I can think of for it to be leaking out of the bottom, but it's a problem if you aren't noticing the leaking BEFORE it gets to the point that it shuts your battery down, which means it's had time to sit there and pool for a bit before leaking down. Are you not getting gurgling?

You can definitely get leaks through the coil. Look, the coil itself is suspended in space directly in the airway and directly over the battery. The wicks pull in juice to the coil. If that juice wicks too heavily or the holes where the wicks enter the coil head are too sloppy, juice gets past the coil and there's only one place for it to go - drips right on to the top of the battery. This essentially shorts the battery and you get weak vapor production and a hot coil(increases resistance).

The coil head itself has a tiny o-ring where it seats. As long as that is snug it shouldn't leak. The coil head should be firmly seated in the base but the base should never be over tightened to the battery. It deforms the pin at the end of the coil head where it contacts the battery.

Yea, it must be condensation! The T3's with 1.8 coils are really good, like a real cigarette hit!

Condensation? Did I miss a post somewhere that mentioned that? Where did that come from?

I realize taste is VERY subjective, but I never got a soapy aftertaste with Boba's. Is it possible you washed your tank out before hand and didn't get all the soap rinsed off?

You can definitely get leaks through the coil. Look, the coil itself is suspended in space directly in the airway and directly over the battery. The wicks pull in juice to the coil. If that juice wicks too heavily or the holes where the wicks enter the coil head are too sloppy, juice gets past the coil and there's only one place for it to go - drips right on to the top of the battery. This essentially shorts the battery and you get weak vapor production and a hot coil(increases resistance).

The coil head itself has a tiny o-ring where it seats. As long as that is snug it shouldn't leak. The coil head should be firmly seated in the base but the base should never be over tightened to the battery. It deforms the pin at the end of the coil head where it contacts the battery.

Of course, Bebop put it better than I did. Yes, of course, it's POSSIBLE to get leaks that way, but if all things are working as they should, you shouldn't (such as the o ring we both mentioned) get leaks from the coil area. Once upon a time, I had an o ring in the wrong place in a tank, and didn't realize it, and a few times, when I would leave my tank on it's side overnight (a mini pro tank 2, it was the upper o ring), I would come down in the morning to an empty tank. Had no clue where the juice was going because it was sitting on a dark towel overnight, and the towel appeared dry. Finally figured out what was going on when I figured out I had the o ring in the wrong spot.

Condensation? Did I miss a post somewhere that mentioned that? Where did that come from?

I realize taste is VERY subjective, but I never got a soapy aftertaste with Boba's. Is it possible you washed your tank out before hand and didn't get all the soap rinsed off?

Of course, Bebop put it better than I did. Yes, of course, it's POSSIBLE to get leaks that way, but if all things are working as they should, you shouldn't (such as the o ring we both mentioned) get leaks from the coil area. Once upon a time, I had an o ring in the wrong place in a tank, and didn't realize it, and a few times, when I would leave my tank on it's side overnight (a mini pro tank 2, it was the upper o ring), I would come down in the morning to an empty tank. Had no clue where the juice was going because it was sitting on a dark towel overnight, and the towel appeared dry. Finally figured out what was going on when I figured out I had the o ring in the wrong spot.

The post was under the coils forum, don't know why it got response here. No never use soap just warm water and a dip in grain alcohol (ethanol not methanol) to eveporate all the water.

I understand how it all works and check the o-rings on installation or replacement, some of it is condensation but, I have had new one leak right thru and down the battery. Happened to me on Monday!

Try reseating the coil head stem to the coil head base

Remove the coil head. The stem is press fit onto the bottom. There is a flange at the bottom of the stem. Rock it apart gently. You will now see the coil exposed in the coil head base. You will see a wick going thru the center of the coil and then another wick just laying over the top of the coil. Adjust it so flavor wick is riding over the top of the coil. Reseat the stem making sure it snaps to base trapping wicks. Check that the bottom pin is not crushed in. Reseat coil head firmly in to base.