Is this a good brand? Im New

I got a ENCORE Starter Kit for Christmas from my Husband .. It looks like a pen or a small cigar that he said cost $30.00 I would like to know if the ENCORE is a good brand .. You put e juice in the glass tank that sits on top the black battery .. What is that even called? I'm a 21/2 pack smoker and would love to use the e cigarettes instead. I have found that being a heavy smoker I try to use the electronic cigarette like a real cigarette .. but after about 4 good puffs I don't get anything for a few minutes .. I was told that the coils have to cool for a few minutes .. Is there a e cig that I can get that allows more hits? and what is the best one out there?? Thanks in advance .. I'm all new to this stuff

Hi Brenda. Welcome to Vapor Talk! You've come to the right place to ask questions. More than likely you'll get more answers than you thought you wanted.

Vaping is a very personal thing. What's right and "perfect" for one person will be the worst for another. Only you will be able to judge what's "best" for you. A lot of it is trial and error, but that's also half the fun. :)

From what you wrote about the ENCORE e-cig, it's not a good one. You have to wait for the coils to cool down after four draws? Um...no. If all e-cigs were like that I'd still be smoking.

When I get going on one and have the time I can chain vape for an hour or more before getting the feeling that I've gotten too much nicotine and have to stop for a bit. My set-up would still go as long as it's got a charge -- and that's what it should do. I've been vaping for a little over a year and a half now so my arsenal has grown to embarrassing proportions (for me).

My go-to would be the Vision Spinner variable voltage battery. It's a great beginner's one, in my opinion, because it's easy, has just enough bells and whistles so you can customize it a bit and can grow into it, is a workhorse and should last you for a good long time. I would get two for each person so one can be used while the other is charging. Always have back ups. And back ups of back ups so you don't have to go without should something happen.

With the Spinner, get a charger and add a wall adapter for it. Never charge using the USB port on a laptop or computer for safety reasons. You get added protection with the wall adapter.

Add a Kanger Pro Tank mini or an Anyvape Davide mini to put on your battery and at least one 5-pack of extra coils in whatever ohm level you prefer (my preference is the 1.8 - 2.2 ohm) and you'll be set once you get your juices.

I'm sure others will be along soon to give you their recommendations. Good luck! :)

im new at vaping also only two months but i learned that it takes a lil practice and tinkering but dont give up. plz your life will be longer and healthier. ask away on here these ppl know how to help you and are oh so generous to help you.

My suggestion is to try a myriad of tanks batteries and juices to determine what works for you. I started with a 650 eGo non variable and supplemented it with a vision spinner 1000mah i got a T3S but noticed my bottom center pin seal would leak juice into my batt. just a flaw with that head really

I bought three more tanks at 1.8 ohm to fullfill my heavy vape like and six different flavors. So five tanks in total and two batteries to start with. Ive not had a cig in five days now not have i had a craving one. Trial and error just DONT GIVE UP!!! Theres so many combinations you WILL find what works for you. And remember Keep Calm And Vape On.

Welcome to VaporTalk. Everything that has already been said is what I would say. My magic combination is Vision Spinner 1300 and Protank 2. Like Tam said get at least 2 of everything. If you can go to a local juice shop where they let you try the juice before you buy it. Then as time goes on you can try all the different things that are out there to try. I enjoy trying new juices.