Getting rid of the Pluid smell?

spydre

Okay, hubby "gifted" me with his KPT2 that had Pluid sitting in it for a couple of months. The coil I pitched straightaway because 1) I was pretty sure the coil was already dead; and 2) I knew there would be no getting the Pluid flavor out of the wicks.

What I'm left with, after washing, is a perfectly fine (as far as I know) KPT2 that after washing three times STILL smells like Pluid. Am I going to have to soak the whole thing in Vodka?

I would that should kill that right quick. If not replace the rubber tank grommets and boil it. Rubber can absorb flavoring.

Boy can it. Inevitably, when someone wants a taste of what I'm vaping, or I ask him to taste it for some reason, the flavor he's vaping is Very Berry. And he uses his drip tip from whatever tank he has (or maybe he switches the same drip tip for all his cartos). Whatever, the Very Berry residue on his drip tip o rings gets Very Berry where my drip tip goes, and it takes a while for the flavor to go away. He doesn't believe me.

Well, it's soaking in vodka overnight. Good thing I don't NEED a larger tank yet, but it would be nic. It's only been soaking an hour or so, but I have a feeling we'll have to replace the o rings. Just a hunch.

Just fill it back up with fresh Pluid...then you won't notice the "old" Pluid taste. :thumbup:

But I don't WANT Pluid. Especially not 20 mg nic when I'm down to 8 - 12 mg nic on most juices. The only ones I'm not are leftover from before I dropped nic levels, lol. And since they are from before October, obviously I don't vape them much! Well, no, two of them I'm vaping more than I was....almost out of one, need to replace.

BTW, where would I find o rings to replace the ones in the top and bottom ring? You know the ones I mean, right? I mean, I'm pretty sure we have o rings to replace the one on the drip tip.

I've seen them on the kanger website before but I only saw packs of 100 for $10.00

Edit: found these too 5 for $1.00 http://www.sun-vapers.com/buy/o-rings-for-rdas-and-protanks-5-pieces/

Hope that's what you're looking for.

Edited by Drewet88

I've seen them on the kanger website before but I only saw packs of 100 for $10.00

Edit: found these too 5 for $1.00 http://www.sun-vapers.com/buy/o-rings-for-rdas-and-protanks-5-pieces/

Hope that's what you're looking for.

Ooooh, thanks. If that indeed fits, I owe you one!

Okay, there's actually TWO o-ring items I need, other than drip tip o-rings which I already have. The one you linked me to is the o-ring on the base, around where the coil screws in. This link: is for the o-rings in the top and bottom caps of the KPT2. http://www.sun-vapers.com/buy/kanger-protank-glass-o-rings/ So I figure I'll get a couple of sets to keep at least one set handy if this happens again. This is the first time I've had the o-rings foul up like this, but I'm not the one that had a tank of Pluid just sitting for months, not even being vaped.

Okay, for right now, until we can get all the o rings replaced, the tank is sitting in my box. There is still a Pluid smell even on the glass (which has no rubber pieces touching it) from about six inches away. My SO didn't want me to take the o rings out prior to soaking them so I don't get confused as to what goes to where, so those parts smell stronger. So, this is after scrubbing before the vodka, soaking in vodka, and scrubbing after vodka. As a matter of fact, even over the alcohol smell of the vodka, the vodka I soaked in it smelled like Pluid. No more vodka until next year.

But what would my next step be? Boil it in water a la baby bottles (yes, I did plenty of that in my time, the nipples, too)?

Edited by spydre

Ooooh, thanks.  If that indeed fits, I owe you one!

Okay, there's actually TWO o-ring items I need, other than drip tip o-rings which I already have.  The one you linked me to is the o-ring on the base, around where the coil screws in.  This link:  is for the o-rings in the top and bottom caps of the KPT2. http://www.sun-vapers.com/buy/kanger-protank-glass-o-rings/ So I figure I'll get a couple of sets to keep at least one set handy if this happens again.  This is the first time I've had the o-rings foul up like this, but I'm not the one that had a tank of Pluid just sitting for months, not even being vaped.

Okay, for right now, until we can get all the o rings replaced, the tank is sitting in my box.  There is still a Pluid smell even on the glass (which has no rubber pieces touching it) from about six inches away.  My SO didn't want me to take the o rings out prior to soaking them so I don't get confused as to what goes to where, so those parts smell stronger.  So, this is after scrubbing before the vodka, soaking in vodka, and scrubbing after vodka.  As a matter of fact, even over the alcohol smell of the vodka, the vodka I soaked in it smelled like Pluid.  No more vodka until next year.

But what would my next step be?  Boil it in water a la baby bottles (yes, I did plenty of that in my time, the nipples, too)? 

I just order the top and bottom ones for my kpt mini 2 from there not that bad of a deal 1.09 for 5 orings

Okay, so the o rings are ordered. Now the only question is how to get rid of the remainin Pluid smell. Do I scrub it again, annd then soak it in vodka again? I never did the boiling the parts suggestion, so do I scrub them and then boil them? I jusst really don't want to have to write this tank off, but if the smell doesn't completely come off the partsl i'll have to just that. I THINK I've got a flavor that could stand to step down from a full sized Pro Tank to a mini or an evod, since I have a couple empty ones right now.