Really REALLY strange question about using cold devices

spydre

Okay, so I got my MVP in from the mail, and um, pretty sure it had sat in the mailbox for a couple hours, as it was 8, but the dog never went nuts so we didn't realize the mail had come, so I had my son go get the mail at 8. I was so excited, it was fully charged, I started using it right away.....but I kept coming away with a burned taste on every tank if I went above 3.7 volts. But the unit was COLD. Because, well, it's three hours later, and it's 26 degrees. So I'm wondering if connection could have chilled say parts of the tank so that when the coil heated up it made it taste burned. That probably sounded more logical in my head than it does on paper. At first I was thinking it was just the coils, because MOST of my coils were recycled coils. ONE coil I replaced tonight. I tried a few tanks on hubby's Provari on 4 volts, a setting I was getting a burned taste on with my new MVP, and it tasted burned. So I figured, okay, it's either me or it's the coils, but it didn't taste burned before the MVP, except the RY4 (pretty sure I need to replace that coil, or maybe I'm just tasting it funky today). Hubby had tasted the 555 last night, and liked it, sort of, so I was going to have him taste it on my MPV to see if it tasted burned. This is after I'd been messing with this stuff for like two hours, using a tank on the eGo battery, seeing how tasted, using it on 3.7 volts, seeing how it tasted, using it on 4 volts, seeing how it tasted, etc., with several different tanks (ironically, or maybe tellingly, the evods started tasting right first, but I didn't test them until later, so maybe they just didn't get chilled).

But before I handed it off to hubby to taste it (and 4 volts is actually just slightly ABOVE the voltage used when I vape a 2.2 at 7 watts), the majority of the tanks started tasting right, although frankly, I won't be happy until I get fresh 2.5 ohm resistance coils in all the tanks that I use.

So, my question stands - could using the MVP when it was cold have had an affect on the tank, and how it heated the juice, and how the juice tasted? Even on another device?

Probably a stupid a question, and it may just be my tastebuds getting the better of me. I don't know.

personally, i like most of my tanks best at lower settings. I find at 3.7 +, I frequently get burned taste. The cold shouldn't have made a difference. could be the voltage is off on the new battery....

Spydre,

I've been thinking about your burning problem.

One factor I haven't seen you mention is the juice vendor itself. I dont follow too closely but my impression is you stick to a few flavors and you also stick to 2 or 3 vendors.

Not all juices are created equal. The biggest variable is the flavoring itself which contains who knows what and varies widely between vendors.

You might have to look at trying different vendors to find juices that can take more power.

I think I've bought and vaped juice from somewhere around 30 - 40 different vendors and they do not all perform the same. Most juices I've tried cannot handle more than 3.7 v or so of power. I use the same tank and the same resistance coils. But there are a handful of juices that I have found that can take more. As much as 4.2 or 4.3. I have noticed that it's fairly consistant with the vendor.

Also, I dont vape tobacco flavors and it's possible that the tobacco flavoring could produce an early "burn". I'm just saying it's possible.

I have found, for me, the secret to happy vaping is ALL in the juice, not the gear. That's not a fact, of course. :)

Edited by Bebop12

See, part of this is, two of these juices,.I don't think I had on VV/VW before. I'm pretty sure that I got them AFTER I sent the other MVP back. But two of the flavors I would run the highest power setting on (between 7 & 8.5 watts), were the same way. One of those is actually a custom mix of their flavor, 70/30 with the max flavor they can add. I don't know. I know the majority of my tanks needed coil changes, and all I have are 1.8, so that's a bit outside my comfort zone, and if I'm not careful, I burn that coil up before I can vape properly from it.