New liquids giving harsh throat hit

TheCas3y

I am very new to vaping, and I just ordered my first set of liquids to try out and I've tried a few and I keep getting a harsh throat hit that burns my throat, regardless of voltage.

To start with, I'm running with a Kanger Mini ProTank-II as well as an EGO Winder. I've got 2.5 Ohm attys.

I bought my setup from a shop in St. Louis and they didn't give all the options of PG/VG, the only option I had were flavor and nicotine level. The initial flavors I had were very smooth and I didn't have any problems.

I just ordered a few flavors from MBV, and because I wasn't sure what PG/VG levels to go with, I just went 50/50, because I thought that would be safe.

I know what PG and VG are, but I guess I'm not understanding which one will give me the smoothest smoke. Whenever I inhale it makes my throat very scratching and I have to fight against coughing on exhale.

I run somewhere between 3.6 and 4.0 volts.

I have cleaned my attys and washed and dried all the parts before putting a flavor in, and I think I'm doing everything right.

Just wondering if there is something else I can do to make it smoother, or if I should just adjust my PG/VG levels to get a smoother smoke.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

PG= more Throat Hit (TH)

VG= more Smoke Vapor production

The higher nicotine level will increase the TH as well. If you are waiting for the 50/50 stuff to come in, it should be a lot smoother.

Do you have any other Atty's coils for your Mini PT2? Maybe try some different Ω coils to see if that smooths out the vapor a bit for you ( you might need to play around with the voltage to find a sweet spot).

HTH's

SV

I already got the 50/50 stuff and it's kinda harsh. I only have 12mg nicotine.

I wish I knew what the levels of the stuff I bought with my vape were, because they were perfect. I just talked to a friend who recommended 35/65 for the levels, so I may try that. My order also came with a free bottle of a flavor called "Movie Theater Fish", that, while very tasty is quite harsh because it's 80/20.

I have a few 2.5 coils and a 1.8 coil. Do you think a lower Ω coil would help? I haven't used it because I thought it might be worse, but I'm not sure.

How are you drawing on it? Do you draw it into your mouth first, wait a split second and then inhale? If not, you might try that. Also, you say you get a harsh vape no matter the voltage. What kind of battery are you using and at what voltage is it at?

Update:

I got a couple free 2.2 Ohm Atomizers in the Mail with an order of Juice. When I ordered this flavor, (Moo Juice ordered from MBV), I went with a 20/80 blend to try and minimize throat hit.

I set it all up, and immediately, from the first mouth to lung hit it was super harsh and made me cough and burns my throat. I've also noticed just holding the vapor in my mouth makes my tongue feel scratchy and almost burn a bit. I've also noticed that I have to clear my throat a lot more since starting to use those, I recently got a cold so that accounts for some of it, but even before that I was clearing my throat a lot.

I think I may be sensitive to PG and may need to order a 100% VG or 70% VG Distilled with 30% H2O, because I think if a 20/80 PG/VG blend is affecting me that much with a brand new 2.2 Ohm atty and running between 3.2-3.6 Volts, then there's got to be something else to it.

Thoughts?

Also, I ordered an iTaste VTR, so that's on it's way, so on the off chance it's something with my current setup, that should fix it. It'll probably be a couple weeks till I get it though.

Edited by TheCas3y

If you use the 1.8 then lower your voltage if you can.

Out of interest what manufacturer are you getting your liquids from ?

Liberty Flights import from China and that **** made me cough after a day of switching over to Halo and Johnson Creek all problems cleared up.

I've heard others say when they have a cold the vapor seems more harsh like the body is rejecting it.

Agreed, happened to me a couple weeks ago, caught a cold, couldn't vape anything well..except peppermint..and that helped keep me breathing better!

No. The only other vendor was the store where I bought my initial setup and the juice I got there had no ill effects and worked great, only these new ones have given me issues.

I actually called that place today to see what levels they used and no one at the store knows. Apparently someone comes in early in the morning and mixes a big batch and they just add the flavors later in the day as needed for people who come in and buy some.

I may call them before work tomorrow and see if that person is there, but I feel like any place that doesn't give you any choice of PG/VG levels probably does 100% VG or something like that.

Edited by TheCas3y

I may call them before work tomorrow and see if that person is there, but I feel like any place that doesn't give you any choice of PG/VG levels probably does 100% VG or something like that.

Just because they don't give you a choice... Must be 100%vg... Why would you assume that? I don't mean to sound rude so please understand. That is not an assumption you should make. I DIY Juice, have been for 4 years it is not something you should assume. A lot of vendors have a VG/PG premix that they make as base and it used in all the fluids they make. If they do not give you a choice it is because they only have one base, most common vendor base juice is a 60pg/40vg. On the other hand, a vendor that would give you a choice of 100% or states that it is 100%vg that would be different. :yes

Then why start? Ecigs are a great way to get off stinkies, but so little known about the long term effects vaping will cause, but we do know it's better than analogs..but probably not a great idea to start vaping for the hell of it....

Because it's easier than setting up a hookah every day and worrying about coals burning things.

So... This is just for the laugh...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHBK4Er93II

I do not mean to offend. But the OP did kinda own you on that one.

Edited by Sweatervest13

I never smoked cigs. I have a few Hookahs that I smoked every week or so, but not that much.

Well no wonder you are having such a problem with throat burn. Long term smokers usually don't complain about this. In fact most of us are trying to match that throat burn from years of smoking. It really sounds like you are a casual user even with the hookah. So my advice is to cut back on your nic and find a liquid with higher VG content and stay on the lower end of the voltage until you find your sweet spot.