*Share Your Coil Builds*

3Rutez

Well what I was thinking, I usually build my dragon coils with 12-14 wraps. The dual parallel heats up much quicker and has just as much surface area but it only takes 6-7 wraps.

worth a try!

if you have time to build and like doing it, theres a bunch of different things to try!

I built this yesterday for my 18650 cartel mod and stillare RDA, it read at 1.9ohms, this is the first time I have built a parallel coil using one strand of wire (pain in the butt) it vapes good for the most part, but just gets hot and drains the hell out of my battery. I put it on my 26650 mutant today and it seems to be better, mainly because of the 3500mah battery as opposed to the 2100mah on the VTC4.

• 3 weeks later...

How do you like the loosely twisted 28g, Drew? I've always preferred the tightly twisted strand. But, given that everyone has their own preferences, I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts on the loose twist.
Do you like the way it vapes? Have you tried different twists?

I have some 24g coming my way. So I will be posting here again soon. :) I want to see this thread get more action. But I know it's hard to see all the new 'try-out' builds when everyone finds their favorite build and settles in with it. I rarely stray from the 28g parallel.

I like it a bit better than the 28 ga .8 on the kayfun. But I only use it in the car. Haven't played with twists, I'm sorta lazy and don't have much free time. With you BTW 28 ga parallel at .3-.4 on rda my go to.

Edited by Drew661

• 2 weeks later...

I think were all running out of ideas for builds...havent seen much on this thread lately.

hahaha I tend to stick to the builds i like... and im weird and dont like certain numbers of wraps haha like single coil builds always have 7 LOL

gotta rebuild the parallel though hopefully its even cleaner this time around!

We're creatures of habit!

hahaha I tend to stick to the builds i like... and im weird and dont like certain numbers of wraps haha like single coil builds always have 7 LOL

gotta rebuild the parallel though hopefully its even cleaner this time around!

We're creatures of habit!

indeed, I have been rocking the same build for about 2 months without changing it, but if it's not broken don't fix it.

• 4 weeks later...

for some reason I cant post pics,but heres a design I been playin with.im having great results.

instead of a round wrapped coil I been playin with other shapes.

right now im burning a .8 ohm 24g 7 wraps.i used a flat piece of stainless to wrap around.3/16 wide by 0.050 thick flat bar.the coil is basically a tall rectangle.this gives more surface contact between the coil and wick.

I have it installed in my stock kfl plus.even with limited airflow.....she really chucks out a cloud on my panzer......plenty flavor.

I made a macro coil .7 ohm 24g ,my new rectangle design out performs it in clouds and flavor on the kfl/panzer clone.

not sure if this design has been tried or named yet.im gonna try dual setup on my tugboat and compare it to a round coil build soon.

more surface area equals more vape and flavor......now I gotta get more air in the kfl.

imagine combining this with a Clapton design wire.

another idea is a cotter pin,wrap around 1 half.....gives you a D shaped coil.

thanx

Edited by igotit