Working hard this morning!

I am arguing with 90 year old customers about if Onstar is going to allow the government to track them lol.

I love my job, well not so much my job, but my paycheck haha

You're lucky you don't have to deal with my SO's father. He absolutely loves technology but for the life of him can't figure it out and doesn't have the patience to learn something new. If he could remember what to do in the first place. Lol.

Ha! Busted

Think it's backward..."hardly working" is more like it.. :)

Had to start working lol. About to put #10 on the board for the day. Not too shabby, a 10 car Saturday but pissed Bama is beating the brakes off my Vols lol.

I am arguing with 90 year old customers about if Onstar is going to allow the government to track them lol.

I love my job, well not so much my job, but my paycheck haha

Awwwww, man, I nearly had my in-laws' convinced that could happen.

You're lucky you don't have to deal with my SO's father. He absolutely loves technology but for the life of him can't figure it out and doesn't have the patience to learn something new. If he could remember what to do in the first place. Lol.

Sounds like my in-laws. Seriously. Well, no, father in law THINKS he knows all this stuff, and then calls on hubby (a computer major) to fix everything he's screwed up, desktops, laptops, smart phones, you name it. I've made a facebook post before, several months ago. All I said was that some people just shouldn't be allowed to own technology (desktops, laptops, smart phones, etc.). Didn't mention any names, but considering it was me saying it, there were only four people it could have applied to....and I assured two of those people I wasn't talking about them, because I wasn't, because overall, they seem to be pretty bright. EVERYONE in my family knew who I was talking about (and of course, those two people aren't on facebook, lol).

Yeah but Alabama is spanking everybody this year, right?

The son of a friend - well, the son of a former band mom (as I'm a former band mom as well) is going to 'Bama, and he's in the Million Dollar Band. So yeah, I hear about 'Bama a lot during Marching Band season (ask any band mom, it's not football season, it's Marching Band Season).

And my son graduated high school, right in time for my niece to start high school and go into the Marching 100.

Edited by spydre

Sounds like my in-laws. Seriously. Well, no, father in law THINKS he knows all this stuff, and then calls on hubby (a computer major) to fix everything he's screwed up, desktops, laptops, smart phones, you name it. I've made a facebook post before, several months ago. All I said was that some people just shouldn't be allowed to own technology (desktops, laptops, smart phones, etc.). Didn't mention any names, but considering it was me saying it, there were only four people it could have applied to....and I assured two of those people I wasn't talking about them, because I wasn't, because overall, they seem to be pretty bright. EVERYONE in my family knew who I was talking about (and of course, those two people aren't on facebook, lol).

Well, to his credit he doesn't pretend he knows it all. It's just when I'm trying to talk him through something or trying to figure out what the problem is -- he never uses the correct names of things. He still doesn't know the difference between an operating system from a software program, he thinks he uses Mozzarella Firefox but insists he hasn't gotten a browser on his program! (translation: He uses Mozilla Firefox and insists he hasn't gotten any malware on his hard drive.)

I finally just bought him a laptop a couple of years ago so that he could take it with him between Colorado and Arizona (they're snowbirds). This way there aren't two desktops in two different places and it's easier for me to work on just the one laptop. Usually, I just wind up wiping everything and doing a clean install of the OS rather than to back track trying to figure out what he's done this time. Lol.

I finally just bought him a laptop a couple of years ago so that he could take it with him between Colorado and Arizona (they're snowbirds). This way there aren't two desktops in two different places and it's easier for me to work on just the one laptop. Usually, I just wind up wiping everything and doing a clean install of the OS rather than to back track trying to figure out what he's done this time. Lol.

HA!... I can relate to this, for a long time my father refused, no matter how hard I tried, to get a laptop and I was always having to rebuild his computer... (I'm not sure what he was doing to it but components were always frying and he always seemed to get viruses) I got tired of going over to his place and having him hover over me, throwing in his 2 cents, while I was working on it. I solved the problem by getting a second computer so I could just swap his out and work on the one with issues at home. I also set up an external drive to back up anything he was doing so that all I had to do was set up the clean computer and upload everything from the external... after 3 years of this he finally got a laptop... then constantly gave me grief for not setting him up with a laptop in the first place. :wallbash:

Edited by Havamal