Complete Noobie.

Sweatervest13

Hi all,

I am brand spanking new to all of this. I am just starting my research on e-cigs. But I have learned from a few other hobbies that member forums are the best place to get advice. So here I am.

I have been a smoker on and off for 18 years (half my life). I have quit before using the patch and that helped me get through the hard first couple of weeks. But it always ends up with me starting back up again after hanging out with friends in a social situation. The last time I quit, I made it about 10 months without starting back up. But sure enough, going out or drinking with friends and... Bam!! Right back to it. slowly at first, but soon enough full smoker again.

I recently went to my local smoke shop and asked what options they had for e-cigs. They said start with a disposable one to see if I like it. I tried the cheap $4.99 one, and a Blu brand one. They were okay, but I did not feel like I was getting anything (for a throat hit).

Then I was researching on my phone last night, and came across some chat forums and started to see a lot more information on rechargeable e-cigs. I clicked on a video review of one (a twist, I think??) and this guy was blowing out a huge hit. It looked like he had some real smoke in there. LOL. It reminded me of my college days.

So, now I am starting to research online and I am finding that there is an over abundance of information and options for a rechargeable units.

Can someone point me in the right direction on what I need to get started and about how much I am looking to spend??

Right now I smoke about 1/2 to 3/4 pack a day of "light" (I think they have to call them blue now instead of light) cigarettes. And about half a can of dip (I don't like to go into work smelling like smoke so Skoal helps that) per day.

Any advice is greatly appreciated. Any name brands I should be looking at?? Any links? PM me if links are not allowed on this site.

Thanks all,

Ryan.

Okay. I feel like an idiot. I can't find anywhere to search on this forum for threads started. I am looking for the one that Aquatroy suggested BCarter starter kit. Anyone have a link?? Or can someone point me in the right direction for the thread search tool?

I have to ask the question so please don't flame me.

Does this stuff really work? I am not going to quit smoking because I don't enjoy it anymore. I would like to quit because the health reasons. I love smoking. Will this be a pretty good replacement?? Like I mentioned, I found the cheap store bought e-cigs lacking. Will a eGo kit really be close to the feeling of smoking?

It's not perfect, but it works, 5 months tommrow, after smoking for 25 years solid, 30 years total. My life has totally changed for the good. I can breathe, taste, smell, run, swim. I don't stink, my house doesn't stink, my truck doesn't stink, my clothes don't stink. I have an extra 50 bucks in my pocket every week, even after buying all I need and more vaping supplies. The first two weeks are still a *****, there is other addictive material I mean CRAP in those stinkies, and you have to get past that. Add a ton of water to your daily intake, and it's a breeze. After trying every other quitting drug, tool, program you can think of, and I tried them all..this one worked...Spend no more than a carton of analogs and give it a shot, what do you have to lose??? Oh ya, your life is all.........GOOD LUCK!!!!

Alright... I have a starter kit in a shopping cart.

I went to the veteran vaper and added the eGo 1300mAh variable voltage EVOD and CE4 kit II $79.95.

Does this have what I need to get started.

it comes with:

• (2) Vision Spinner 1300mAh Variable Voltage eGo Style Batteries
  • (3) Classic CE4 Clearomizers (2.1-2.4ohm)
  • (2) Kanger EVOD Bottom Coil Metal Clearomizers (1.8ohm)
  • (2) 1.8ohm Kanger EVOD Replacement Coils
  • (1) USB Charger w/Cord
  • (1) Flat AC-USB Adapter
  • (1) Extra Large Case

And I added a bottle of eliquid: Black Diamond e-Liquid 10ml bottle 24mg strength. Should I get more than 1 bottle of e-liquid??? any recommendations of brands or flavors??

Looks like you got an awesome starter kit. Its a little harder to recommend juices. There are so many different suppliers and juice flavors. You wont be able to find a juice that taste like smoking (which is good imho)

Thanks Jeffb for all of your replies (and everyone else too!!). You are a huge help. Super glad I joined this group!!

So, you think that should be all I need to get started. I can always order more clearomizers and coils after I start.

What is the difference between clearomizers of 1.80 ohm and 2.20 ohm??? Does one hit harder??? I am specifically looking at the eGo T2 CC long wick clearomizers.

Bang!!! Pulled the trigger and ordered that kit and a couple of extra clearomizers (went with the 2.2 ohm model for the extras) and ordered 8 extra coils (4 x 1.8 ohm and 4 x 2.2 ohm for the respective clearomizers). Along with three bottles of e-liquid. Black diamond, spearmint and pina colada (had to try a fruit flavor).

Cost about $120.00 but whats that in comparison to $6.00+ a pack for smokes here in Michigan.

I am hoping to stick around and get a lot of good info from you folks. I'll keep you posted on how everything goes. Hopefully they will ship out fast. Last weekend smoking the stinky's!!

$6.00+ per pack back there?

wow, just think if you lived out here in WA you probably would have pulled the trigger sooner!

They are about $8.50+ tax here (comes out to about $10+ per pack depending on brand)

I just started vaping on 8/17... started with 1/2 pack of analogs in my pocket... still have them! (Need to throw them out :evil: )

10 bucks per pack. No thanks!!!

Yeah I figure that three favors is good to start. I think I will like switching them up. I Never minded menthol but did not smoke them. I bet I might like the mint e-liquid.

I am sure once I get the kit I will have a bunch of questions. I know the first place I am coming for help.

Wishing you lots of luck! You've definitely come to the right place, there's so many great people here that never hesitate to help out. Let us know how you're doing and if you have any questions!

Congrats on getting your first kit. You can't go wrong with buying from Brian at The Veteran Vaper. His customer service is excellent!

You'll be experimenting plenty with different flavors of juice. No one can tell you what you're going to like as juice is very subjective and will depend on your taste buds. As you get away from analogs (cigarettes), you'll notice your preferences changing. Don't worry if you still smoke while you're switching over to vaping, it's not an all or nothing kind of thing. You'll get there eventually -- at your own pace. Leaving that stressor behind was one of the things that helped me the most when I quit smoking.

Also, vaping is not like smoking. Take a hit, hold in your mouth for a sec and then inhale. Exhale through your mouth and nose. When your taste buds heal a little you'll be better able to taste the flavor this way.

Good luck! :)

Thanks Tami!!!

I kinda needed that reassurance. It was a bit of a weird weekend. I ordered that kit on Friday just before leaving work (our laptop is down and I don't like ordering things online from a phone or iPad). Than I started to show my wife a bunch of vaping videos online ( I really like research!!!!). There is a ton of great info out there for us N00b's. It is overwhelming but manageable if you want to learn.

SO I am all into this and ready to commit having a good time with the wife having a little drink. I have a cheap gas station "blu" ecig that is not cutting it. I made the choice to be fine smoking a few analogs while I waited to get my new stuff in the mail. I wanted to quit now and get started with vaping. I stopped my my local smoke shop that has some e-cig supplies. I said screw it and bought a little starter kit from them. I think it's a Chinese brand (Vapor X XLT). I bought the kit (battery, clearomizer, and USB charger) and a second clearomizer, along with two flavors of juice (24mls nicotine, blueberry and tobacco flavor).

I went straight home and fired the thing up. Wow, that thing hit hard. A lot more vapor than the "blu" e-cig. The thing kinda kicked my a$$. It is a 650mah battery that I knew would not last all day and night, so I still had a couple of analogs, but did a lot better later in the evening.

This morning on the way to work I would usually have a smoke before leaving and have a dip of Skoal for the car (I have between 45 min and 1 hr commute). I had half an analog before leaving, and hit my new Vapor X device instead of the dip. I was satisfied with the e-cig, I felt the nicotine from the juice. It was good!!

But... The battery needed charging once I got to work (I wanted to drain it for the initial full charge) so now I can't use it for like 8 hrs. Bummer. Now I know why everyone recommend getting at least 2-4 eGo batteries when getting started.

I received my tracking number and my shipment from Veteran Vapor will/ should be here today!!! Now I will have two eGo twists setups and the Vapor X XLT for just in case!!.

I have a couple of analogs left and an unopened full pack. My goal is to not open that new pack (or at least have that be the last pack I ever buy!!) and transition over to vaping.

You guys are a lot of help and I feel like I am getting a lot more support than I ever had trying to quit analogs in the past.

Thanks for all the support gang!!!

Just an FYI: the 650 mAh battery should only take 2 - 3 hours to charge. Also, get yourself an AC adapter for your charger, it's safer. The USB charger doesn't have the safety features that an AC adapter does. You don't want to fry your computer charging your ecig. :)