Tricks of the trade?

May I add a question to your post kind sir? If you let atomizers, tanks, etc sit with juice in them but not using them does this cause them to get junked up?

I have decided to clean my atomizers, tanks, etc with hot water only. A lot of people say they soak their stuff in vodka but I don't have any and my stuff seems to come clean with just hot water and maybe a little dawn dish liquid.

Hi Guys

I'd like to know everyone's tricks & tips for cleaning their e-cigs, after those certain liquids that like to stick around in your atomizers or cartomizers and just refuse to move on!!!

I can't wait to see your suggestions :)

You can forget about cleaning cartomizers. Way back I tried every method imaginable. The best results I ever got were mediocre and then only a handful of times with one specific brand and type of carto.

Cartomisers are a disposable item,best to not load one up with a liquid you doesn't want to vape for a week or two.To taste liquids or just have an occasional vape of one it is best to drip in a 306 or 510 cartomiser. Cartomisers can be soaked in everclear or vodka,I use denture tabs and then rinse several times with hot water from my coffee maker.Once an element gets carboned up there is not much you can do but replace it .The cost of this stuff is so low it is kind of a futile waste of time trying to clean it.Back in the day before cartomisers we only had atomisers and once a year around Chinese New Year you could not buy atomisers as they did not ship anything and what was in stock was hoarded.We tried everything imaginable to clean atomisers that were finished with poor results.I even have an ultrasonic cleaner.

Has anybody tried Fuzion Vapor's Flavor Eraser yet?

ERAS-2.jpg?1373905496

From the product page:

"We’ve all experienced this before… You vape a bold flavor like cinnamon, coffee or menthol… The next time you use that atomizer; you can still taste the previous flavor.

After experimenting with different formulas, I’ve found a fantastic blend that nearly neutralizes pesky flavors left sitting in your atomizer or even your cartomizer.

Add three or four drops of the eraser, let it sit for about 30-seconds and blow it out… You may need to repeat another time if it’s a REALLY persistent flavor!
"

A lot of people say they soak their stuff in vodka...

I soak my clogged atties in Everclear PGA when hot water doesn't free up the draw. I buy the little "airplane-size" bottles for a couple bucks and since you only need a little bit, it lasts for months. Very effective. :yes

I soak my clogged atties in Everclear PGA when hot water doesn't free up the draw. I buy the little "airplane-size" bottles for a couple bucks and since you only need a little bit, it lasts for months. Very effective. :yes

Better Vapes recommended Everclear to us rather than vodka. Says it leaves less of a taste. But man, if all the alcohol isn't out the first time you fire up that coil, I couldn't imagine it.

Is this what you use for your HH.357, Rixter? Since I use dark, sweet juice mine are getting to where even a soak in premium vodka isn't doing it. Two more are on their way from Hana so when they get here I'm shipping these back to him to rebuild.

Is this what you use for your HH.357, Rixter?

Actually, I've not had to clean mine yet, but I avoid using any dark or thick juices in it. I know that at the price you pay for HH.357s, you ought to be able to vape molasses through 'em if you want to, but I don't want to take that chance. I figured that I'd make that compromise because of the superior flavor I get from the juices that I do vape in it.

Edited by Rixter

Actually, I've not had to clean mine yet, but I avoid using any dark or thick juices in it. I know that at the price you pay for HH.357s, you ought to be able to vape molasses through 'em if you want to, but I don't want to take that chance. I figured that I'd make that compromise because of the superior flavor I get from the juices that I do vape in it.

At $5 - 10 for five atomizers to be cleaned/rebuilt, I figure I'm still ahead of the game to do this. Since mine are gummed up from vaping dark, sweet juices I thought I'd use some of the other atomizers I had from before and... I'm ruined! I'm RUINED, I tell you. These things have made it so I can't use anything else. The other atomizers just fail in comparison. And it's all your fault. *sighs* :D

There is a product called Flavor Flush from Texas Select Vapor that's supposed renew clogged atties and eliminate lingering flavors...they recommend using it regularly to keep your atties from clogging in the first place ("You can use this product as often as you choose, but we recommend using this product in your atomizers once a week or so for maintaining them and performing a "Flavor Flush").

Click here for a review.

From the review:

"...My wife told me her atomizer felt a bit clogged up and wanted a new one. First thing that came to mind was “She can be my test victim!”.

We read the instructions on the website carefully and followed each step as said, letting the atomizer sit with the flavor flush inside and instead of letting it sit for 15 minutes, I let it sit over night. The next day, I woke up and blew out the flavor flush that was still left inside and filled it back up with my wife’s favorite e-liquid. She took a few pulls and to her amazement, it actually worked! I tried it out myself and I can honestly say that the atomizer was just like new. Have your doubts? – Try it for yourself and see…"

Edited by Rixter

Just bought a bottle. Thanks, Rix. Will try it and see what happens. Hopefully, it'll work and I won't have to send these in. I got a "it shipped" notice yesterday on the two more I ordered awhile back. Whichever one gets here first I don't care but I want these back to working the way they did when I first got them. :)

Just bought a bottle. Thanks, Rix. Will try it and see what happens. Hopefully, it'll work and I won't have to send these in. I got a "it shipped" notice yesterday on the two more I ordered awhile back. Whichever one gets here first I don't care but I want these back to working the way they did when I first got them. :)

You go, girl! :thumbup:

Better Vapes recommended Everclear to us rather than vodka.  Says it leaves less of a taste.  But man, if all the alcohol isn't out the first time you fire up that coil, I couldn't imagine it.

That's why you should have a backup to vape on while the alcohol evaporates overnight.

This whole conundrum is why I switched to rebuildables. My drippers are all stainless, and my Gennys are glass. So, I generally circumvent the frustration of cleaning old attys, and paying out to either have them rebuilt, or buy new ones.

For the RBAs that do occasionally get a flavor stuck in them, I simply soak the unit in alcohol, scrub with a q-tip, and let sit out overnight to let the alcohol evaporate. Easy-peasy!!!

• 1 month later...

Any luck with the Flavor Flush from Texas Select Vapor?

It's...okay. The main ingredient in it is alcohol, some PG and a couple of other innocuous things. All in all, I get better clearing out of old flavor by using vodka. Not a bad idea but it's not worth buying something specifically for flavor clearing when vodka handles it better. Just my experience. :)

The other coffee flavors I've had I vaped till they were gone, and if they did hang around in the tank I must not have minded so much. That one had a flavor in it that I just didn't care for, so naturally I had to vape a tank or so before it went away.