I just wrapped my very first coil!

Tam

Just as the subject line says, I just finished wrapping my very first coil. Did a 5/4 wrap with NiChrome wire (no clue about the gauge other than to say it's very fine). Put it onto my Vision Eternity RDA after priming the wick with a little juice, added around 30 drops, waited a bit and...nothing. :(

Put it aside thinking the wick needed more time to soak up the juice. Pick it up a little while later and I get this tiny little wisp of vapor and a little gurgling.

How disappointing. I must've done something wrong. *sighs*

My eye just happened to catch the bottom of the Spinner and...wait for it...it's at 3.3 volts. :wallbash: Turn the volts up to 4.3 and guess what? I'm now surrounded in lovely clouds of vapor and the flavor! OMG.

Next time I think I'll try using a needle when I wrap the coil. This time I just pinched the wick and went for it. So much for being exact, huh? Still, I'm thrilled with my first attempt. :D

Just as the subject line says, I just finished wrapping my very first coil. Did a 5/4 wrap with NiChrome wire (no clue about the gauge other than to say it's very fine). Put it onto my Vision Eternity RDA after priming the wick with a little juice, added around 30 drops, waited a bit and...nothing. :(

Put it aside thinking the wick needed more time to soak up the juice. Pick it up a little while later and I get this tiny little wisp of vapor and a little gurgling.

My eye just happened to catch the bottom of the Spinner and...wait for it...it's at 3.3 volts. :wallbash: Turn the volts up to 4.3 and guess what? I'm now surrounded in lovely clouds of vapor and the flavor! OMG.

Next time I think I'll try using a needle when I wrap the coil. This time I just pinched the wick and went for it. So much for being exact, huh? Still, I'm thrilled with my first attempt. :D

Thank god youre not using a twist , you d never have seen it lol .

Nice guys!!! Glad you all came to the dark side of rebuilding. :) now I can show YOU where to spend your money tam..... Have we talked about ithaka's yet? :yes:

I just did a google search on this

WHY is it 60$ ????

excuse me that was an ebay price I found an other one @$190.00 ?

I dont understand the price . :veryangry:

Edited by Christie

I just did a google search on this

WHY is it 60$ ????

Quality of the product. The ithaka clone is $60 the real ithaka is $275 after shipping from Greece. :)

Rebuildables require two things:

1.) to be able to be functional for a very long time with the proper maintenance

2.) the market to drive the price up.

Naturally with an RDA or RBA, consumers aren't going to purchase more the 1 or 2 since they last a long time so therefore they are more expensive. Plus the materials are of a higher quality then a clearo. Clearos are meant to be used and abused and when they break replaced. An RBA is meant to be used and abused and rebuilt when it breaks. So you spend more for a quality rebuildable atty because it provides a superior vape to a standard evod or protank. Also the ability to rebuild the atty allows the user more customization and control over the vape. :) it's awesome in my opinion and I have 4 ithaka clones. And I will continue buying them until I have more ithaka's then mods. :) I have a while yet to go on that venture lol.

Quality of the product. The ithaka clone is $60 the real ithaka is $275 after shipping from Greece. :)

Rebuildables require two things:

1.) to be able to be functional for a very long time with the proper maintenance

2.) the market to drive the price up.

Naturally with an RDA or RBA, consumers aren't going to purchase more the 1 or 2 since they last a long time so therefore they are more expensive. Plus the materials are of a higher quality then a clearo. Clearos are meant to be used and abused and when they break replaced. An RBA is meant to be used and abused and rebuilt when it breaks. So you spend more for a quality rebuildable atty because it provides a superior vape to a standard evod or protank. Also the ability to rebuild the atty allows the user more customization and control over the vape. :) it's awesome in my opinion and I have 4 ithaka clones. And I will continue buying them until I have more ithaka's then mods. :) I have a while yet to go on that venture lol.

Thats sounds reasonable to me , In the long run im sure I will spend that in a few kanger 2 s or purri tanks (and I keep breaking them :( )

Is this the one youre talking about ?

http://www.cloudsofvapor.com/store/111-the-gg/203-ithaka/1685-ithaka.html

Glad you got your first rebuild to work. Most don't get it the first time around. What size wick did you use? I like the 3mm Silica myself wrapped in Kanthal flat wire with 6 wraps... Believe it or not, I have performed this on a CE5 pushed by a standard 650 and of course it wasn't the same as a Sentinel V3 clone sporting a IGO-W or a V12 but, the vape out performed several variable voltage devices. One of which was a Vision... :-)

Glad you got your first rebuild to work. Most don't get it the first time around. What size wick did you use? I like the 3mm Silica myself wrapped in Kanthal flat wire with 6 wraps... Believe it or not, I have performed this on a CE5 pushed by a standard 650 and of course it wasn't the same as a Sentinel V3 clone sporting a IGO-W or a V12 but, the vape out performed several variable voltage devices. One of which was a Vision... :-)

I used what I think is a 3 - 3.5 mm silica wick with a nichrome wire. The wire doesn't specify a gauge but I'm going to guess it's around 34 - 36 as it's very, very thin. The wrap is 5 on top, 4 on the bottom. Once I have this down for rebuilding the KPT coils I think my next round will be a micro coil... :)

Congrats man the world of rba and rdas is just something amazing. its like fixing an old car when it done you can reap the rewards and if you dont like the build or quality of the vape redo it

Congrats man the world of rba and rdas is just something amazing. its like fixing an old car when it done you can reap the rewards and if you dont like the build or quality of the vape redo it

Yep. But with less parts to have to deal with. I just hate it when I get everything put back together and wind up with a couple of "extra" screws. Lol.