Evod going bad? And o rings.

spydre

Two things. My black Evod, I've been consistently having problems with, the draw right now is so tight I can't hardly vape from it, if at all. I've tried cleaning it, and tried changing the coil a couple times, but it's made no difference. Could it be going bad? It's only about two months old.

N

Also, o-rings. Do they need to be replaced and how often?

N

Since my mom is facing another femoral bypass (she's in surgery now), only using a synthetic blood vessel,I've been vaping more the last few days, especially yesterday, when she was SUPPOSED to have surgery, but they couldn't fit her into the OR schedule. I'm experiencing a higher than normal anxiety level, and recovering SOME of my juice taste, so yesterday I ended up vaping enough that my 18650 battery drained in like half a day, instead of lasting close to all day. Vaping slower now, partially because I was in the ER for about three hours because of multiple seizures this morning. Can't go to my mom's surgery because of the seizures and going to the ER. And I'm out of anti-anxiety meds, but they also gave me Ativan to stop the seizures, and that's an an anti-anxiety.l med,

I had a friend over and she brought a bunch of her stuff over and ironically she had a black evod tank,I wanted her to try my vanilla with apple so I put some in her evod tank and it would not work , not hit nothing ! I put a new coil in her tank because she didnt know how -(dont make me go there lol ) and zip nadda zilch~

couldnt get it working -at all ! I knwo she used it with cinnabon liquid ,so I figured it was jacked up from that .so evidently they do "go bad " we got our evods at around the same time and mine is great but I got the stainless ones not sure if that made a difference or not .

o rings do go bad , anything made out of that material and contacts vegetable glycerine will degrade over time .

And also , Im sorry about your mom and all you are going through right now - It seems like its been a rough go for a lot of people right now .

((((((((((HUGS))))))))))

O-rings are under constant compression. Eventually they lose their elasticity and so they "stay compressed" meaning they do not fit as tight as they once did. The parts will become loose or wobbly or leak

You can replace them but you must get the exact o-ring. There is no "close enough" in o-rings. Most hardware stores carry a good selection.

Where I live in Colorado we normally experience anything from single digit to anything under 20% humidity. This dries out anything made of rubber so it cracks and splits. This is why I got the O-ring replacements for my drip tips.

Spidey - just if you're in the mood to try things....

1) clean the center post

2) check for blockage in the air vent holes

3) deep clean the threads on your battery or clearo

4) if its always been tight you could drill out or ream the air vents

Edited by Bebop12

Just a couple things come to mind from my experience:

• The Evod has a Polycarbonate Tank which means its very vulnerable to acid flavors causing the plastic to fog or melt which can lead to a clogged breathing tube and other issues as well. Heres an article that might help: http://www.advancednictech.com/Articles.asp?ID=254

• The coils are manufactured all over china from diff. companies and can be flawed, even a large pack can have issues. I have had a pack of five coils all been mismanufactured due to air gap at the bottom contact point of the coil not being cut which can cause an effect of almost no breathable passages.

• A couple things to try, once your tank is empty and/or your ready to switch coils take off the reservoir and attach the bottom piece with the coil back on your mod/battery device (don't fire the device) trying sucking through the small tube on top of the fresh coil and see if the air flow is any better, if it is the issue is in the reservoir breathing tube. if the air passage is still blocked with a fresh coil check the contact point on your battery for flaws and inspect the breathing holes on the bottom collar and the threads on the battery device.

• When o-rings go bad you get one or both issues, Leaking of the juice into the contact of the battery or around the outside if the body or Raw juice can flow into the breathing tube usually causing restricted or gurgling of the air passage. if the juice is free flowing into the air passage then the center tube on the resevoir is most likely flawed.

To be perfectly honest, at the price of the Evod, I would probably just replace it.

Hope this helps!

Um, wow. WOW. I have absolutely NO MEMORY of making these posts Tuesday. I'm surprised my hubby even let me sit at the computer after the second seizure Tuesday. I have a few vague memories during the day, just flashes really of coming into awareness after a seizure, or being at the hospital, or, well, okay, I have about three minute span of time I can remember pretty well from Tuesday evening, but the rest of the day just kind of hidden behind my scrambled brains for the day. I don't know why I don't remember Wednesday, maybe there was still some seizure activity going on in my brain waves, and that's why I can't retrieve the memories. I should probably ask my doctor.

BTW, Mom is home now, they managed to harvest a vein from my mom's groin on her other leg to do the femoral bypass with. I should say thank goodness she's home. Except for a week and a half, the past month she's been in the hospital, and her most recent roommate in the hospital was - well, when her roommate was at home, she'd been taking a lot of Ativan, but they wouldn't give it to her at the hospital until after about 36 hours when they finally gave her (the roommate) a shot of Vitamin Haldol.

Edited by spydre