Hello everyone :)

KYarb

Another new user here, name is Ken. I was visiting my dad this past Labor Day weekend and he's successfully quit smoking and stayed off for 3 years now. Seeing how he used to be a 2 pack per day smoker, I figure there's got to be something to this.

Now it's my turn to kick the habit and switch to electronic, not only for my health but my fiancee is pregnant and I need to do this for our little one as well.

So, with that said I'm in the Air Force -- currently stationed in Rapid City, South Dakota. I haven't seen any local shops in this area so it looks like I'll be ordering all my stuff online. My dad has given me some pointers on where to start and with what, but I'd like to get some more information from the community here.

I'm about a pack a day smoker right now, sometimes more sometimes less. I currently smoke Malboro Smooth Shorts, so I'm going to give the replica liquids a try to ease the transition.

Any questions, just ask.

Welcome, and get ready for a wonderful change in your life.

All you need is here, from good folks to great vendors, and a few psychos thrown in for good measure!!

Start with a newbie kit, read bcarters ramble about them, it's good stuff. Start cheap, don't buy large bottles of juice for a month, and drink lots of water.

Welcome, and get ready for a wonderful change in your life.

All you need is here, from good folks to great vendors, and a few psychos thrown in for good measure!!

Start with a newbie kit, read bcarters ramble about them, it's good stuff. Start cheap, don't buy large bottles of juice for a month, and drink lots of water!

Self admitted psycho LOL

Seriously, Troy gives great advice. Get a good starter kit, start small, and go from there. I am approaching 5 months smoke free and the stuff I used 3 months ago doesn't even resemble the stuff I use now. I wouldn't order anything over a 30ml bottle as your tastes will change as your tastebuds heal and grow back.

Welcome!

if your going for the tobacco flavors you might want to try an RY4 or 555 blend from the liquid vendor of your choice. That was information that would have helped me greatly at the start!

ECBlends also has their dragon series which have tobacco flavors in them if you want to give them a try. I just got my fluids in from them and set them up to steep! (they need at least a week of steeping).

Lots of great folks here that will help you out! i have learned a lot from them just by perusing the forums and older posts.

ECBlends also has their dragon series which have tobacco flavors in them if you want to give them a try.

Not sure where you got your info from but the only one in the Dragon series that has tobacco flavor is Dragon's Leaf. All the others don't. :)

Anyway, welcome to VT. You'll get more information than you wanted but we're a fun bunch of nuts here. :D

my bad. The ones i have (not dragon leaf) all seem to have a hint of tobacco to them. I stand corrected though. Thanks! :)

That would probably be your taste buds. Since we all taste juices differently it's hard to say who will like something we do or do not. Juices are so subjective. What tastes like the best thing ever to one person will taste like dirty socks to another. :D

I've got more than half of their dragon series so I'm pretty familiar with those. Also, since I've stopped smoking analogs I can't seem to stand the tobacco flavor any more. :)

That would probably be your taste buds. Since we all taste juices differently it's hard to say who will like something we do or do not. Juices are so subjective. What tastes like the best thing ever to one person will taste like dirty socks to another. :D

I've got more than half of their dragon series so I'm pretty familiar with those. Also, since I've stopped smoking analogs I can't seem to stand the tobacco flavor any more. :)

I agree, I taste a feint tobacco taste now in Strawberry Fields, but it may be because I only vape that now when I am drinking. It surprisingly goes well with alcoholic beverage!